It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China-US trade war, an interesting take not seen in the media

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
jackrasmus.com...

This is a very interesting article on the step by step progression of what we are really demanding from China, and it varies significantly from the vague descriptions provided by the msm. It paints the whole situation as a us attempt to limit chinas growth and sovereignty, and reveals the lies of our belief in free market values, the lies of the media in support of our administration, and the desperate attempts of our govt to maintain hegemony in the dusk of empire.

“• The US publicly declared the week before that the US would keep tariffs on even after an agreement. This violated the understanding that both sides would remove the new tariffs once an agreement was reached ($100 billion China on US; $250 billion US on China)
• Trump threatened tariffs on the remaining $300 billion of China imports
• The US signaled that China would have to not only stop technology transfer from US corporations doing business in China, but that China would have to share its tech development with the US if it wanted an agreement. That included the military-sensitive nextgen technologies like 5G, AI, and cybersecurity.
• The US demanded that China stop subsidizing its state owned enterprises (SOEs) with low interest rate loans that put US multinational corporations in an uncompetitive position in China (even as the US continued to subsidize via tax cuts, trade credits, etc.)
• The US indicated it would continue its global efforts to prevent US allies from doing business with China tech companies like Huawai, ZTE, China Mobile, etc. regardless if an agreement was reached.”

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

That is complete and utter tripe and Bull#. There is no free market with countries who have no regulations and slave labor wages.

Jaden

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

That is complete and utter tripe and Bull#. There is no free market with countries who have no regulations and slave labor wages.

Jaden

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

How about China stop forcing companies to give them access to technology so China can steal it, then we can talk.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

So, in the west when a company buys another company they don’t get all the tech and patent rights?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

Jaden

Ah, so you think in the us that we have a free market then?

mises.org...

“In Crony Capitalism, a vital book, Hunter Lewis solves our problem. Those who condemn the free market do so by considering bad features of the present economy, both in the United States and elsewhere in the world. In judging the free market in this way, they rely on an unexamined assumption. They take for granted that the present order of things is the free market in action.

As Lewis explains and documents to the hilt, this assumption is false. What we have today is not the free market but “crony capitalism,” an altogether different matter. Government and business are in a predatory partnership that extracts wealth to its own benefit. The fact that many suffer under the present system should occasion no surprise. Predatory “cronyism” has existed throughout history and has been the main block to economic progress.”

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

There is no free market with countries who have no regulations and slave labor wages.

So then, why does the US do so much business with them?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

China is overtaking the US because they share their advancements in house and steel other people’s achievements
Trump would be a clown not to try and grab a share of that

Granted it’s not that simple but it is

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I'd say its closer to corporate espionage than I would buying intellectual property. They've been quite the dishonest trade partner and have used us unmutually to get where they are now. If they dont get a fair shake from the US now they really only have their own actions to look to.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421

So, in the west when a company buys another company they don’t get all the tech and patent rights?

The operative word is "buy"... It is one thing for a private company to acquire another company and get access to that company's intellectual property versus a government forcing a private company to give up IP to give to their state sponsored companies/competitors in order to access it's markets.

China forces companies who want to sell in their markets to give up their intellectual property. China has no respect for intellectual property. Stealing IP is an badge of honor.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Government and business are in a predatory partnership that extracts wealth to its own benefit

And you know, I don't have a problem with that. As long as the benefit of that wealth is used for the betterment of society as a whole, not just a chosen few.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN

There is no free market with countries who have no regulations and slave labor wages.

Because they have low labor costs to the point it is cheaper to manufacture 5000 miles away and ship the product back to the states than to produce locally with high wages. US companies are competing and labor cost is a huge component. When consumers want low prices, this is the result.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421

You are completely misunderstanding the issue here.

When a non-Chinese company wants to do business in China it has to partner with a Chinese company and share its tech.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN

What are you talking about buying for? China is not buying them, if they want to do business in China they have to give China their patents, free.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

I'd say its closer to corporate espionage than I would buying intellectual property. They've been quite the dishonest trade partner and have used us unmutually to get where they are now. If they dont get a fair shake from the US now they really only have their own actions to look to.

Clinton to Obama all are equally responsible. China was one of the driving forces of me hoping Trump won.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

We sure have had a good few leaders more than happy to sell out to China, which to me is seditious at the very least. Can't quite say treasonous, but damn close. As far as I can see China is about the only contender to the US's status as king of the hill, and they're moving up fast at our expense. Now they are building up force projection...what do you think the next step is after they have an ability to project their military?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Your arguments might be valid if our trade treaties weren’t historically predatory. Thing is, we laid out our requests, China more than complied, then we refused and demanded more. Further, we demand that they don’t engage in national protectionist policies, while at the same time stating that we will. If the fact of the matter is that our leadership doesn’t WANT a trade treaty, then why the big show and production?

The reality is, that at this time China is acting with more integrity in its foreign policy than the us. This isn’t saying much, but it’s relative. The us follows a foreign policy model of “I win you lose” rather than one of “win win”.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=24374353]moebius

When a non-Chinese company wants to do business in China it has to partner with a Chinese company and share its tech.

They steal it as soon as they can get their thieving hands on anything we developed in the west. They come out with all the stories about "we gonna buy fifty machines once we see it working in our factory".......................... hahahaha that's the last you'll hear from them. In a mo nth's time they'll be making an EXACT replica over there and I'm taking from experience here and not a good experience or memory and they do that to everybody outside china. Thieves the lot of them. They stole their whole modernity from us and took us all down a peg while they were at it along with sell out politicians who were all in on the scam to fill their fat cats pockets

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Yawn, no one cares about your pro China anti American diatribes. Fact, China doesn't allow access to markets unless you give it all your IP. Fact, China steals everything it can from any company that won't give it.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Criticizing when my administration acts irrational is not anti American. Y’all do it all the time. The only real difference here is I understand that the media and 3 letter organizations are ALWAYS lying and misbehaving, where you only think they’re lying when they disagree with you. Sorry that I wish for an administration and governing body that acted with integrity and possessed values and virtues other than greed and ambition. I’m even more sorry that you don’t.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join