It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN goes after Trump's fortune?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Most rich people are not as rich as people think they are, their money in investments can drop like a rock quickly so unless they have all their money in an insured account they can go broke if things collapse. Even the insured account can be worthless if the insurer has all the money invested in risky stuff. Our government has called back in the money a few times already back long ago, some people got pennines on the dollar for their cash.

I bet Trump actually is not as wealthy as we are led to believe he is. Often these days a companies value is way overflated, especially ones llisted in the stock market. I do not know much about Trump's wealth, nor do I care. Most big business men take advantage of tax breaks that were designed by people taking contributions and bribes from the elites. Businesses that create jobs for people in this country should be respected. News agencies do not create many jobs.
edit on 16-5-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: Artesia

His net worth is a window into his value to America..

“Is he as rich as he claims? Or is he a lying fraud??”

“Does he pay his taxes? Or does he cheat as much as humanly possible?”

“Is he laundering money for foreign governments or criminals?”

If you want to know how legitimate someone is you follow the money.

Then certainly CNN will go after Pelosi next, yes?

Pelosi ignores net worth inquiry after lecturing on 'inordinate wealth'

“This about the United States of America, about our children’s future,” the lawmaker said. “And again, it can’t possibly be a statement of value for us to talk about, as Martin Luther King said, God really didn’t intend … never really intended one group of people to live in superfluous inordinate wealth while others live in abject, deadening poverty.”
The audience applauded before someone from the Grand Canyon State repeatedly asked, “How much are you worth, Nancy?”
“No, we’re not talking about that,” the Democrat replied.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Dummy math ... since when is a lifetimes earnings equal to net worth.

Most people actually live on the money they earn.

This math assumes that she never spent a cent of her earnings.

I wish I had all the money I ever earned but the damn banks that mortgaged my house, the building and warehouse I built for my store, and business loans took a good portion of that away. Then the kids kept insisting I feed them and buy expensive sneakers when none of them was good at sports... that took more... cars, the gas and insurance for the cars... well you get the point as to why that math is just plain silly.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I was under the impression that Trump was using the presidency to enrich himself.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I wish I had all the money I ever earned but the damn banks that mortgaged my house, the building and warehouse I built for my store, and business loans took a good portion of that away. Then the kids kept insisting I feed them and buy expensive sneakers when none of them was good at sports... that took more... cars, the gas and insurance for the cars... well you get the point as to why that math is just plain silly.

Ummmm dummy math silly? If you took away money spent it would make things look even worse. Where did all her money come from? In Pelosi's case, money earned is light years away from her net worth, sorta the case in point.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: Artesia

His net worth is a window into his value to America..

“Is he as rich as he claims? Or is he a lying fraud??”

“Does he pay his taxes? Or does he cheat as much as humanly possible?”

“Is he laundering money for foreign governments or criminals?”

If you want to know how legitimate someone is you follow the money.

It's a shame we didn't appoint a guy to do a really deep look into Trump. Perhaps someone who could look into his personal finances, his cabinet, his friends, his family. Perhaps a guy who could take, I don't know, perhaps even 2 years to do this digging. Hell, he could even gather up 15 or more Trump hating democrats to join him in his search. yes, if we had thought of that, perhaps your "right on time" questions could be answered.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

and sadly, the entire point has passed you by once more. I'd show my shocked face, but it's the same one I have every time I read one of your posts.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Actually it assumes her net worth is 40x every dollar she earned. How does that work?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

“This about the United States of America, about our children’s future,” the lawmaker said. “And again, it can’t possibly be a statement of value for us to talk about, as Martin Luther King said, God really didn’t intend … never really intended one group of people to live in superfluous inordinate wealth while others live in abject, deadening poverty.”  - Pelosi

You guys have reading comprehension problems. Madam Speaker isn't admonishing those who live in superfluous inordinate wealth (such as her self). She is admonishing those who are abject, deadening poverty ... according to her God never intended for them to be so poor; they should instead be as rich as she is and that will solve all their problems.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

2.5% of her net worth came from her career salary. Either she inherited it or she is the greatest investor of all time. Her wealth has nothing to do with leveraging a powerful political position for kickbacks, don't even bother asking.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Sillyolme

Actually it assumes her net worth is 40x every dollar she earned. How does that work?

Silly is just deflecting in the face of hard, real facts again.
That’s the number 2 bullet point in the Leftist marching orders handbook.
Number 1 is “Orange Man Bad”

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Silly just spouts crap and runs away, it's her MO. It's a good username, no one takes her serious. If I did not know better I would actually think it was a troll account because of how ridiculous the posts are.
edit on 16-5-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join