It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the " sting in the tail " of the alabama abortion bill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   
just for any one who is still deluded enough to think its anything but a mysogenistic clusterfook

theres an " ammendment " - that turns a " not guilty " verdict in a rape trail to an AUTOMATIC conviction of " false accusation " - with custodial sentencing [ jail ] options

yup folks - if the accused is found not guilty - the woman made a false accusation and MAY be sent to prison

no due process - no justice

most of the rest of the world has the civility to conduct a investigation to determine if false accusation charges should be levied and a trial to determine if the women is guilty

alabama just side stepped that - if he is aquitted - you must be guilty - do not pass go - we can send you to prison

its not about " pro life " - its about controlling women

congrats alabama - you are now a barbarian crap hole

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I think if you break the law and which could possibly ruin your life by going to jail you should have a trial first. Why is this a problem? You can't just put people in jail based on someone's personal judgment.

edit on 15-5-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   

So it's somehow better if a woman can accuse a man of rape, potentially putting him in jail for many years after exhausting his legal resources... and if he somehow gets through it he has to start a whole new case to prove he didn't rape her a second time?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Pretty much amounts to Fetuses rights now!

What a load of nonsensical twaddle in the entirety. LoL

A Woman's body is her own concern, quite simple.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   

That's what its always been about. I like to call them pro birth instead of pro life. Because its obvious they don't care about what happens to the person after they're born.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

This is absolutely chilling... I expected your thread to be about the risk of a mother being criminally charged for miscarrying -- which is equally chilling!

Lack of enough evidence for conviction doesn't necessarily equal innocent! Sure, there might be some false accusations among such cases... but it's not guaranteed! Certainly not to the extent that a woman should be deemed guilty without benefit of trial, or any other due process. This is shameful and unconscionable.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt

So it's somehow better if a woman can accuse a man of rape, potentially putting him in jail for many years after exhausting his legal resources... and if he somehow gets through it he has to start a whole new case to prove he didn't rape her a second time?

Not to speak for the OP, but that's not how I understood it...

Rather, if a woman accuses a man of rape and the man is not found guilty, then the woman is automatically deemed guilty of falsely accusing the man of rape. No trial or due process of an kind for the woman. It does not take into account that the man may in fact be guilty, but evidence sufficient for a guilty verdict is lacking, or any other reason a guilty man may not be found guilty.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This will just make sure that more victims will not come forward because if they don't win the case they will now be automatically charged with false statements.
Is there an agenda behind this?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
This will just make sure that more victims will not come forward because if they don't win the case they will now be automatically charged with false statements.
Is there an agenda behind this?

I think you answered your own question.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This is pretty horrible, women should leave that state now.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
wrong thread
edit on 5152019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Because its obvious they don't care about what happens to the person after they're born.

Is it obvious?

What do "they" do that makes it so obvious they don't care what happens to the person post-birth? And is it all of them who don't care? What percentage, then? And do you have a link to the statistics on that?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Fail to provide adequate affordable health care for all.
to start

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: underwerks

Because its obvious they don't care about what happens to the person after they're born.

Is it obvious?

What do "they" do that makes it so obvious they don't care what happens to the person post-birth? And is it all of them who don't care? What percentage, then? And do you have a link to the statistics on that?

Do I really need a link to show that Republicans dont support the social programs that help these unwanted children after they're born?

(post by NthOther removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I think you're in the wrong thread.

This thread is about due process and protecting women from predators, I don't think that is party exclusive, more of a constitutional thing.
edit on Wed May 15 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Leftists defending the Constitution?

Aaaahahahahahahahahaha!

I needed that this morning.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Leftists defending the Constitution?

Aaaahahahahahahahahaha!

I needed that this morning.

Here, I'll spell it out for you so maybe you can see the dilemma, and we can save the partisan circle jerking for another thread.

We're going to do a role play though experiment, in which I will play the bad guy.

I'm a young decent looking guy, I download tinder in Alabama and make a cheesy bio and make sure to have pics with me and some puppies.

Me and an attractive young girl match and we start talking to get to know each other. She thinks I might be a guy she considers dating, we start to get more playful in our conversation and sending each other signals. Finally, we plan a day to get coffee and go on a hike (sounds innocent enough, alcohol isn't involved). Everything is going great, and we get out in the middle of no where and I have my way.

She accuses me of rape and we go to court. I show them the tinder messages where there is some playful banter, they can't prove without a reasonable doubt this happens, so I get let off...

She goes to prison without a court case.

That's not left or right. It's due process and a constitutional issue that everyone with two braincells can see as more than just flawed.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Pretty much amounts to Fetuses rights now!

What a load of nonsensical twaddle in the entirety. LoL

A Woman's body is her own concern, quite simple.

It isn't her own concern if I am expected to pay for her poor life choices or irresponsibility? If "we the people" are expected to pay for her mistake, "we the people" should have a say in how that mistake is dealt with.

As far as the op, women who falsely accuse men of rape should go to jail. If during the trial it is proven the woman lied or confesses she lied, how are they not guilty of committing a crime?

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join