It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has caused the Psoriasis epidemic

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Big Pharma seems to have a cure for everything they've caused. I have noticed that I cant watch TV for 20 minutes without seeing a beautiful way to clear Psoriasis. This hits home with me, my 24 year old nephew has Severe plaque Psoriasis. Not just a rash here or there.. He is completely covered in plaque. We are close, and he has confided in me to keep the severity of his condition somewhat private. He's trusted me since he was 13 and I realized he was Homosexual before he did. All that aside.. I love the kid..heart of gold. I wont pretend to know what he is going through but, any suggestions would help. He's been to a dermatologist and prescribed topical solutions. He has also had blood work done to check for hepatitis and since been prescribed Otezla, It's getting worse...

It's in the creases of his ears, up and down his arms and legs and now starting to form on his scalp.

I have read that Alcohol stress and cigarettes are severe antagonists however, he doesn't drink or smoke. Stress is a certainty.

1. Does anyone know how to contain this?

2. WTF have they done to us to cause what I would call an epidemic?
edit on 28-4-2019 by Sabrechucker because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2019 by Sabrechucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Take your nephew to the beach. Saltwater is like an instant cure or psoriasis, it was for my dad anyway.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

No beaches here but, yes I did read that salt water is very beneficial. I have bought him Epsom salt for his baths. He say's the itching goes away for a bit but, it just comes back. Thanks

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I had psoriasis near my elbow and sometimes on the scalp region above the ear, I used for the scalp Neutrogena Tgel coal tar shampoo and for the elbow and also the scalp MG217 Coal Tar ointment, it keeps very much under control, I just apply it whenever I feel the itch is going to flare up, use it several times a day for a couple of days and it goes away. The scalp itch has not come back for years now, the elbow a mild occurrence every 3-4 months.

HTH

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Chemicals in the air and water.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I live on the beach. it hasn't cured mine.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I can weigh in on this personally. I had very severe psoriasis years back. Even worse than the description of your nephew's case.

I tried every single topical medication on God's green earth. Tried a change of diet, UV therapy, and Otezla as well. Nothing even put a dent in it. The ONLY thing that worked ( and worked incredibly fast ) were the injections of a medication called Humira. Later, I switched to other similar injections that worked in the same fashion. I still take an injection every month and likely will continue indefinitely.

I feel your nephew's pain though. It's horrible going through the social anxiety that comes with having any psoriasis. Mainly because a lot of folks don't know what it is and assume you're unhygienic or contagious.

The sad truth is that nobody knows exactly why there's been such a dramatic increase in severe psoriasis cases over the past 10-20 years. There's plenty of theories. Personally I feel there's a toxin in either our air, food, water, etc that wasn't present until the turn of the century. Could even be man-made. If you look at the price tag on each injection of Humira, Stelara, Taltz, or Enbrel you'll see how lucrative it is for bog pharma. Around 5k each.

I use the word "toxin" because psoriasis is an autoimmune disease. In layman's terms, theres something in the body that causes the immune system to fight a non existent threat, which results in an overproduction of skin cells among other symptoms. Chron's Disease is another autoimmune disorder that's skyrocketed in a similar fashion.

Hopefully some of this helped. Best of luck brother.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Try organic pure virgin cold pressed coconut oil. I stumbled on it when I got a jar of it to try on one of my dogs who had a patch of skin he was always worrying at. It didn't work for him because of course he just licked it off (they LOVE it! I smear it on their dry milkbone treats sometimes and they go nuts with happiness), but thought I would try it on my own rash-like flare ups, and it was like a miracle. The only thing that's ever stopped the burning itching hell (I get it on my arm and the back of my hands). I can't live without a tub of it in my fridge at all times, now. I've suggested it to people who have itchy patches and every one has come back saying its a godsend.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ATSAlex

I have bought him coal tar shampoo..soap. It just keeps getting worse. I've spent about 500 bucks on cocoa butter and lotions the last two years. This poor kid has about 60% of his body covered in scales. Thank you for the advice. He's a big caffeine kid,would that contribute?

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Try organic pure virgin cold pressed coconut oil. I stumbled on it when I got a jar of it to try on one of my dogs who had a patch of skin he was always worrying at. It didn't work for him because of course he just licked it off (they LOVE it! I smear it on their dry milkbone treats sometimes and they go nuts with happiness), but thought I would try it on my own rash-like flare ups, and it was like a miracle. The only thing that's ever stopped the burning itching hell (I get it on my arm and the back of my hands). I can't live without a tub of it in my fridge at all times, now. I've suggested it to people who have itchy patches and every one has come back saying its a godsend.

Any brand or place to purchase you recommend? Always willing to try new things...

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
My husband started having problems with this a few years before he passed. He said his father has the same thing and died not long after he started breaking out. I tried to talk him into going to the Dr a few times but he just said they wouldn't be able to do anything. They couldn't help his father.
My husband stopped drinking alchohol and soda. Changed his diet some. But in the end it didn't help much.
Not saying every instance is that way but well. Be kind to your kidneys and liver maybe?

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Thanks AS. It is very tough to watch him go through this. Just a couple years ago he was living it up as a 22 year old should.
I kid you not the poor kid wont even leave his apartment. He told me he feels like a monster. I try to encourage him but he's just so defeated. Thanks for the advice buddy!

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Sorry for the loss..My Nephew does hit the caffeine too hard. I will relay that info to him.

Thank You

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I know that the coconut oil, shea butter helps the irritation.

What is pure virgin cold pressed coconut oil. where would I buy it?

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Somethings not right, Too many Psoriasis commercials.. What have they done! Reminds me of the restless leg syndrome commercials that obviously targeted people kicking the H. What did they put in our air?

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   

What did they put in our air?

Everybody would have it if it were something in the air to that degree!

I knew someone years ago that had plaque psoriasis like that...really bad all over. But, he had an attractive wife and a baby and his life seemed full and happy. He seemed to have learned to deal with the embarrassment and self-consciousness something like that must bring. So, hopefully your nephew can find a way to keep from going into a shell and learn to live a happy life. I'm sure there are chat groups that might offer support and encouragement.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

He's already gone into a shell but I wont give up on him. Thanks for the reply QOS

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I have Psoriasis, thankfully not severe. But it is very stubborn and affects mostly my face, which can be quite embarrassing.

Although I have not found a cure as such, I have found ways to make it more manageable. I use a product called Noreva xerodiane. I saw results within 15 minutes of using it - unfortunately, with heavy use it has become less reliable for me, so I now use it sporadically. I have also narrowed down some of my triggers:

- Temperature changes, anything too hot or too cold will set me off.
- I am a big caffine drinker, I don't know for sure but I do suspect this plays a part.
- Alcohol (moderate - heavy night) seems to actually clear it for a few days, then I get a rebound effect where it hits hard
- Almost any skin product will set it off.
- Stress is a big factor

I suspect it is something to do with my nervious system releasing stress hormones anytime something shocks my system but I am no doctor.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 01:45 AM
link   

It's the planets orbiting near earth,debris insects,and disease the 7 plagues are just starting

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I have psoriasis on the back of my neck. When it flares up, I apply 3% peroxide 3-4 times a day. Within a couple of days its calmed down. It also works for eczema.

The application causes an instant itch, but just for a few seconds.

I tried coal tar shampoo and various other potions, but peroxide works best for me.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join