It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Ways Immigration-Driven Population Growth Impacts Our Environment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So where is the Environmental Impact Study; and as always brought to you by the fools within our government! So doesn't it appear that is Donald Trump is really trying to save our environment? You know his positions. We are all aware of global warming right? So uncontrolled Immigration into the USA will stress our water supply and farm land so its imperative that me maintain both as-is and keep population sprawl from taking more farmland. Wheres Al Gore? The Green New Deal is phooey as it doesn't address "breeding like bunnies" does it? Just look at the CO2 statement below. Go ahead and beat the article up as there are others also claiming the same. I say no to ILLEGAL immigration and maintain controlled immigration. We have too many people now. So some like living in New York City, Atlanta, San Fransisco and Los Angeles. Notice that they along with Bernie all seem to be "off". Possibly the concentration of people have driven them mad as their policies are basically going to harm all of us and them too. Look at the filth [human feces, drug needles and garbage] in the streets in major cities in California. So who kidding who including that Governor from California and the 9th circuit Lords.

Darn.

cis.org...

As outlined in the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and the Endangered Species Act (ESA), federal agencies are supposed to weigh the environmental impact of any new policies they introduce. Strangely enough, federal agencies have almost completely ignored these laws when it comes to immigration, even though immigration-driven population growth has a huge impact on the environment.

Here's the Top 5 concerns what to expect:

Loss of Biodiversity and Species Extinction
Water Shortages
Urban Sprawl
Overcrowded Cities
Carbon Emissions

Immigration transfers populations of people from lower-polluting parts of the world to the United States, where CO2 emissions are far higher per person. According to a CIS study, U.S. immigrants produce an estimated 637 million tons of CO2 annually, which is 482 million tons more than these immigrants would have produced had they remained in their home countries. Of course, this does not make immigrants responsible for global warming, nor does it mean that native-born Americans shouldn't do more to reduce their own footprints — in fact, the average immigrant in America emits 18 percent less CO2 than the average native-born American. However, it is dishonest to discuss large-scale immigration without considering the impact that immigration has on our climate. Overall, it is tempting to survey the nearly four million square miles that makes up the land area of the United States — particularly low-density states such as Wyoming, Montana, and the Dakotas — and conclude that America could seamlessly grow its population much more through immigration with minimal repercussions. The reality is, however, that most immigrants do not settle in rural areas. Besides, regardless of where they settle, a larger number of Americans simply means a larger amount of strain on our finite natural resources. As climate change continues to impact everything from water supply to biodiversity, lawmakers ought to think long and hard about the wisdom of exacerbating those effects through a policy of large-scale immigration-driven population growth.

edit on 28-4-2019 by Waterglass because: removed double post

edit on 28-4-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I think I have the solution: all people in the US should live like poor people.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP
You noticed that too?

According to those figures a 75% reduction in CO2 emissions by Americans would result, who apparently have about 4 times the CO2 emissions per person as the immigrants on average had before they immigrated. There are exceptions like Al Gore whose home uses at least 10 times the American average and 40 times the average of immigrants before they immigrated though he tries to offset that by supporting "green sources", but in general I'd imagine wealth tends to drive more CO2 emissions.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

I think I have the solution: all people in the US should live like poor people.

No even better......we should depopulate 1st world countries of their native born citizens, then bring in the more ecological friendly 3rd world people?

Problem solved.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Lord almighty .
330 million people In the US out of which 5 million are here illegally .
Does ATS have a joke section ?
A dead broke illegal who is stuck living in some farmers shack ( which is try as I worked along side them when i was young .
Has NO impact on the environment . No more so then a paper bag along the road .
On the other hand even 100 k Americans who are even LOWER mid class have a impact that 20 million illegals would .
The car you drive the cold air in your house the OVER abundance of food ( which the illegals make possible )
Just how much garbage do you throw away EVERY day let along every week and your worried about a person who littlery has only the clothing on there back .

Now this does effect wages as they undercut normal wages . You can say it does effect schools as the money has to come from somewhere . fire health and so on .
Lots of good reasons to get them legal .

But a environment approach will dilute the real issues .

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
Lord almighty .
330 million people In the US out of which 5 million are here illegally .
Does ATS have a joke section ?
A dead broke illegal who is stuck living in some farmers shack

Only 5 Million Illegals here? Where did you pull that number out of, better go see your proctologist.

And all Illegals just work picking berries and fruit? Again, where did you get that idea. The majority of illegals working in the US do Not do farm/agricultural jobs, sorry to burst your sterotypes.

Link to Pew research on illegal immigrant employment by industry

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
your right must be 500 million so sorry .
5 million ten million makes no difference when put aside 330 million who are the Biggest polluters on the planet .
www.fairus.org...
here happy now this site says 12 million . so 12 million who come with what they can carry vers YOU .
Your only fooling your self .
how many times you just drop a wrapper on the ground as you walked or out the car window ?
I suggest sticking with the things illegals effect that you dont effect a 100 times as much it only cuts the ground from your feet .

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
No even better......we should depopulate 1st world countries of their native born citizens, then bring in the more ecological friendly 3rd world people?

Problem solved.

No, didn't you see that poor people act as rich people when they get to a rich country? That wouldn't work.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

your right must be 500 million so sorry .
5 million ten million makes no difference when put aside 330 million who are the Biggest polluters on the planet .
www.fairus.org...
here happy now this site says 12 million . so 12 million who come with what they can carry vers YOU .
Your only fooling your self .
how many times you just drop a wrapper on the ground as you walked or out the car window ?
I suggest sticking with the things illegals effect that you dont effect a 100 times as much it only cuts the ground from your feet .

Lol, the MSM number of illegals here in the US has been stuck at 10 Million for at least 2 decades if not longer. Try looking harder for the real number of illegals here, I'm sure you can find it.

I gave you my solution to the problem, we need to eliminate the 1st World citizens who do the majority of the CO2 use and waste.

Won't that work for you?

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Acutely Regardless of the op environment impact which is still a weak stance to use I did read a few sites on the matter and must admit the number 12 million is underestimated BUT the number 60 million is as well lol .
maybe 5 to 17 million . But again this includes all the people who just OVER stayed visas and are in limbo wating on court dates to resolve the issue .
take out ALL the ones who came Legaly but ended up being illegal because of what ever . then your back down to 12 million who are teh real illegals now take out the ones who have not been here 10 - 20 yeasr raised familys and such your down to well who knows .

Simple soultion NO way in gods earth will you every deport 30 million and if 60 million is correct it would cripple teh US as we only have 330 million total !!!!!
No way we can just ship out darn near 20 % or our population and still expect to run things right .

So I say Unless they have been charged with a felony declare them ALL US citations .
There 90 % of teh problem solved now they are legally effecting teh environment JUST like you .
And hey Wags start rising you may finly get a raise .

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

So I say Unless they have been charged with a felony declare them ALL US citations .
Declare illegal immigrants citizens?

I have friends who have applied for immigration to the US legally, and been turned down. So they were trying to do the right thing. Those who are here illegally did the wrong thing by entering illegally usually.

So you want to reward people for doing the wrong thing and penalize the people who did the right thing?

Wouldn't it make more sense to reward the people who did the right thing and penalize those who did the wrong thing?

If that makes more sense, then deport those people who did the wrong thing by not bothering to get legal approval to immigrate, and if you want immigrants to replace them, then grant some of the applications for legal immigration that were previously turned down; there are plenty of them besides the few I know.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

When the goal is to dismantle the worlds only super power to make way for the ultra oppressive NWO, you use attrition, you use political correctness, anything you can to wear them down, morally, economically, environmentally, socially...

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Yes, sure do and agree 1000%

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
One of my favorite fishing spots in Co was always littered with diapers and Coronas, used to piss me off cause I'd clean it up when I could. arghhh. Many of them coming from South of the border are not the most environmentally conscious people on the planet.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Acutely Regardless of the op environment impact which is still a weak stance to use I did read a few sites on the matter and must admit the number 12 million is underestimated BUT the number 60 million is as well lol .

I snipped the rest of your numbers since they are totally bogus, but I must say, one of your orifices must really be hurting after pulling all of those numbers out of it... ouchie!

Simple soultion NO way in gods earth will you every deport 30 million and if 60 million is correct it would cripple teh US as we only have 330 million total !!!!!
No way we can just ship out darn near 20 % or our population and still expect to run things right .

Not at all, ship them all out, every single one, and flag them so they can never apply for legal immigration either.

Then we can eliminate the minimum wage for people younger than 18 who are living at home with their parents (actually, I'd like to see it abolished totally, but I don't see that happening), and allow them to work for as much or as little as someone is willing to pay them - as long as it is all voluntary (no child should ever be forced to work in a commercial environment, unless of course you're talking about at home).

Attitudes like this make me sick to my stomach.

And hey Wags start rising you may finly get a raise .

Wages (assuming that is what you actually meant) are already rising...

Trump 2020!

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar
I assume you're unaware that Cali paid out 239 million dollars in 17 months for people to rip out there grass lawns in order to conserve water because of a water shortage due to drought? You know......the water needed to grow the food and hydrate the animals we eat, water for drinking, showers, putting out fires, etc......

Does increasing California's population (regardless of immigrant status) sound like a smart idea to you?

The left in all their intelligent superiority certainly seems to think it's a great idea. So much so, they want all the immigrants they can get. Do you agree with them?

edit on 30-4-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Jesus, man. Every day is a new thread from you proclaiming your distaste for immigrants and for people who aren't white. We get it, you don't like brown people and dark skinned people. Just don a KKK uniform or an SS one and get it over with.

So doesn't it appear that is Donald Trump is really trying to save our environment? You know his positions. We are all aware of global warming right? So uncontrolled Immigration into the USA will stress our water supply and farm land so its imperative that me maintain both as-is and keep population sprawl from taking more farmland. Wheres Al Gore? The Green New Deal is phooey as it doesn't address "breeding like bunnies" does it? Just look at the CO2 statement below. Go ahead and beat the article up as there are others also claiming the same. I say no to ILLEGAL immigration and maintain controlled immigration. We have too many people now.

You care about the enviroment, do you?

SEATTLE—The highest proportion of overweight and obese people – 13% of the global total – live in the United States, a country which accounts for only 5% of the world’s population, according to a first-of-its-kind analysis of trend data from 188 countries.

An estimated 160 million Americans are either obese or overweight. Nearly three-quarters of American men and more than 60% of women are obese or overweight. These are also major challenges for America’s children – nearly 30% of boys and girls under age 20 are either obese or overweight, up from 19% in 1980.

www.healthdata.org...

Obesity and overweightness causes heart disease, diabetes, and a plethora of other severe health problems. All of this puts immense pressure on the medical services provided in the US, from not having enough doctors around to deal with patients who are suffering from this greed-mental and physical disease(obesity) to all of the billions spent to accomodate these strangely-looking humanoid beings. All of the pills, all of the medical instruments - and so much more have a deep impact in the well-being of the planet!

Without counting all of the valuable resources wasted on people who destroy themselves by becoming fat. I propose reproduction within the US becomes regulated. Only young, fit, physically and mentally healthy people with money to spare should be allowed to reproduce. Yes, I am aware that would, overnight, result in the United States of America's native population to go from some 300 odd million inhabitants to like only 20 millions. But it's the best for the Country and for planet Earth.

Do you disagree?! Then you are a commie and a supporter of Islam!

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Not at all, ship them all out, every single one, and flag them so they can never apply for legal immigration either.

No, that's not how to do it. This is how we can solve the problem easily.

We have the majority of Americans line-up at their local health care center. We tell those who work in the medical field to measure each citizen's height and weight and the percentage of the body fat. If the person is overweight, stamp them and send that person to Mexico.

Is the person older than 25? Is the man bald? short? ugly? Ship that guy(and the same applies to women) to Mexico.

We can have an America beautiful and strong, populated by men whose average height is 6 feet tall(I suggest importing young(18-25) attractive, tall Dutch men to breed with attractive, tall young women. Neuter the majority of the male American population and watch as America becomes a young, powerful nation of men that can protect their nation in case of invasion.

Or do you think the vast majority of men and women in America, being obese and the rest being overweight(and I'm sorry but someone at 5'4'' 170lbs 30% body fat is someone I would hardly call merely overweight)''

Then we can eliminate the minimum wage for people younger than 18 who are living at home with their parents (actually, I'd like to see it abolished totally, but I don't see that happening), and allow them to work for as much or as little as someone is willing to pay them - as long as it is all voluntary (no child should ever be forced to work in a commercial environment, unless of course you're talking about at home).

Are you seriously saying that parents should enslave their children? No child should be forced to work in a commercial enviroment unless you are talking about home? So say the teenager girl's parents run a brothel. Are you saying she should be forced to work as a prostitute????

See why people dislike Trump so much?! Trump's supporters are nothing more than Obese middle-aged sexist men who want to marry teenager girls while hoarding 200 guns inside their homes while shouting neo-nazi anthems at black and Muslim people. I am disgusted by how many white national amrchair foot soldiers there are on ATS

edit on 1-5-2019 by Ligyron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
My spelling is bad but looks like reading shills are down as well .
Implying all illegals should be legal also imply s all who are going thought the prosses should be as well .
You do have thinking that is critical you mite want to get checked on that .

This whole focas on walls is stupid Enforce the laws for hiring vet ALL who dont have felonys .
Now this makes all teh job issues go away this makes all the well they dont pay taxes go away this makes the very reason they come go away NO ONE HIRES THEM !

Lord and ITS cost effective ( Paper is cheep ) way to many cops with nothing to do now so mite as well get something from them .

To simple for you I know .
BTW over all I think Trumps is doing better then any in my life Except Reagan .

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Ligyron

Trump is for the working man, and the people who were born here and have worked and paid taxes all their lives to only have their insurance rates triple to pay for the uninsured, rents triple because this Country has pretty much been force fed multiple other countries’ inhabitants because they mismanage funds through either greed, corruption.

It has nothing to do with brown people! It’s about the sheer volume, and pace which is the problem. Not to mention, terrorists could be slipping through.

You can’t just walk into other countries!

Please don’t just assume people are racists. My mechanics are Muslim (whom I trust, appreciate and consider my friends), my sons girlfriend is Mexican (born in the US legally, and I adore her).

Calling Trump supporters bald overweight middle aged white men is RACIST!

PS: Bald is sexy

edit on 1-5-2019 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join