It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are lefties going to protest Trump at his UK state visit exactly?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: LSU2018

Why thanks headmaster, can you grade me please, I need your validation so badly, also show me where I used the word stupid, maybe its you who needs reading lessons

"Go education!!"

If I were to judge you by today's grading system, you're at a C. If I were to grade you by the 90's grading system when I was in school, you're at an F.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Cool I failed my english lesson, but Trump did not (of course). I appreciate the time you took to mark my work, have you any relevant homework for me now?

So the phrase "Go Education" = "Stupid" look like 2 different words/phrases to me, but hey maybe its you crying because I dared to higlight an error

Also for some levity, I did fail English in the 90s (you were spot on, I had to take a resit and thus now work in construction), lighten up a little, I am not marching the streets of London against the Pres, i have an actual life to live and worrying about any politician for more than the time I spend taking a dump is beyond me.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: shooterbrody

" The queen is kind to have given trump the rub."

Yes , Money Talks , and the " Crown Jewels " Walk .

The President is in a Position to enable England to form Trade Deals Outside of EU Control . Independence is the First Step to Economic Freedom ........

I was more referring to the fact that she has only had 2 other potus' for a state banquet.
Her invitation elevates trump to that level.
While it is only the level of W or barak, it is still something slick willie was not invited to(so trump beat her again lol).
As the queen is looked upon as above politics, only actual "important" people get her invitation.
So then are the british people protesting the queen for the invite, or trump for accepting?

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I have conflicting thoughts about Trump.
Sometimes I think 'at last, here we have someone who says it like it is' and then there's other times I'm bewildered at how such a man could become President of The United States of America and as such the single, most powerful man in the world.

But, I do respect the fact that he is the democratically elected President of our biggest ally and as such should be afforded every bit of respect that goes with that position.

I defend the right of those who choose to protest during his visit but I am slightly embarrassed about it all.
I'd respect them a bit more if they were at least consistent with their protests and held similar rally's against the Chinese leaders visit and numerous other tyrants and dictators like Mugabe etc.

I'm not surprised Sadiq Khan has been vocal about Trump's visit.
The man is a knobhead and I think its fair to say that its only London who would elect him for anything be it Lord Mayor, MP or whatever.
He doesn't like it when Trump comments on anything relating to the UK yet criticises Trump on anything and everything he see's fit.
He's a hypocrite of the highest order.

And then we get Jeremy Corbyn.
A national disgrace.
He addresses the protesters expressing similar viewpoints as them whilst at the same time wishing to be our next Prime Minister.
How on earth can anyone in this country vote for him or his party?
He has now stated he is ready to 'engage with Trump'....I hope Trump tells him quite bluntly to # right off!
What an arrogant man, devoid of any diplomatic ability or tact.

Like I said at the start of this rant, I have conflicting opinions about Trump and I acknowledge he can be incredibly arrogant and condescending.....but he warrants the respect that his office deserves.

That the Leader of The Opposition and the Lord Mayor of London can act in such an openly hostile manner is truly embarrassing.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

what no one seems to talk about: our government is a system. Trump is only a part of that system. When he oversteps, there is recourse (as we have seen).

Its not like the guy can destroy the world by himself. There is an entire support structure there to help him avoid his own worst impulses.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I am quick to lambaste American posters who arrogantly assume they know better than anyone else whilst in reality being incredibly ignorant of the realities and politics of other countries and systems.

But I also think its fair to point out that many outside of the US are also incredibly ignorant of the workings of the American system and I get the impression that some think that POTUS has almost dictatorial powers.

I may not know all the in's and out's of the US political system but I do at least have more than a basic understanding of it.

I suspect that many of those protesting in London don't really know why they dislike Trump.

A man in the pub last night started talking about US abortion laws and the age of consent in the US - the reasons why belong to another thread entirely - and it became apparent to me that he didn't have a clue about individual state laws, legislative bodies or Federal law etc.
I gave him a very brief oversight....about five other people around us then said that they didn't know anything about it either.

Far too many people are quick to comment and criticise without having even a basic understanding about that which they are commenting on - or protesting on - as is evidenced on a daily basis here on ATS.

edit on 4/6/19 by Freeborn because: typo's

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

But, I do respect the fact that he is the democratically elected President of our biggest ally and as such should be afforded every bit of respect that goes with that position.

That is all we can ask, and should offer in return.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Cool I failed my english lesson, but Trump did not (of course). I appreciate the time you took to mark my work, have you any relevant homework for me now?

So the phrase "Go Education" = "Stupid" look like 2 different words/phrases to me, but hey maybe its you crying because I dared to higlight an error

Also for some levity, I did fail English in the 90s (you were spot on, I had to take a resit and thus now work in construction), lighten up a little, I am not marching the streets of London against the Pres, i have an actual life to live and worrying about any politician for more than the time I spend taking a dump is beyond me.

You asked for a grade, I was just fulfilling your request.

Ok, if complaining about how he fat fingered a one syllable name, followed by "Go education" doesn't equate to "you're stupid" then you tell me what it means.

I'm light, man, I was just calling out the grammar mistakes that you made in response to your calling out the president for fat fingering a name. At least he didn't say there were 57 states.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

So if Trump said "Go education" and it was reported as Trump calls someone Stupid, I wonder what phrase he would use to describe the accuracy of said reprot, hmmmmmm something begining with F___ N___

So did I call Trump stupid as you stated or did I use a phrase on its own "Go Education"

After this response mate I am done though, I made 1 post pointing out an error Trump made, you then accussed me of crying over it, yet you have now made at least 3-4 posts, who excactly is crying again.

Enjoy your evening/day/night
edit on 4-6-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: typo, in this thread, like it matters, lol

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Jeremy Corbyn talks with representatives of Hamas and Hezbollah but openly criticises the President of the United States after previously refusing to meet with him and then asks for a private meeting.

What a complete and utter twat.

To think he wants to be the Prime Minister of this country and then meet, negotiate and discuss global matters on equal terms with the democratically elected leader of our biggest ally after so openly and publicly criticising and decrying him.

The man is an utter disgrace.
edit on 4/6/19 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

" So then are the british people protesting the queen for the invite, or trump for accepting? "

Both . Fools Know No Difference .

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Gay folks will pretest that he's a homophobe. Muslims will protest he's a racist. I'm sure the 2 will come together peaceably and without incident.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

or instead we just dont bother going after China as A major polluter because our governments owe them lots of money!

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Well we already deal with Saudi , so that's just as bad as talking with hezzbollah or hamas or any other terror group!

we supply arms to one of the worst states in the region!

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join