It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone remember the hi-jacked plane that landed in Canada on 911?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I remember on 911 of a report that a hi-jacked plane landed in Canada - I believe Toronto. I think the report was on CNBC or one of those news channels with a scrolling marquee on the bottom of the screen. Did anyone else see this. It's strange cause I remember seeing it and thinking great now we can find out who was behind this. Is it possible that there was a cover up. It just seems strange that a news agency could report such a story and then nothing becomes of it.

[edit on 2-3-2005 by Growling Lion]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Many international flights were diverted to Canada on 9/11 once the FAA shut down US airspace. Is that maybe what you're thinking of? Don't remember hearing about a plane that was actually hijacked landing there, would be interesting though!

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
No, I actually heard that a plane with hi-jackers was diverted to I believe Toronto. Just curious if anyone else remembered?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
So your telling me that 20 some odd other terrorist killed thousands of Americans by slamming missiles filled with human beings into national landmarks yet these terrorists kindly diverted to Canada as requested by Air Traffic Controll and went peacefully.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature
So your telling me that 20 some odd other terrorist killed thousands of Americans by slamming missiles filled with human beings into national landmarks yet these terrorists kindly diverted to Canada as requested by Air Traffic Controll and went peacefully.

I am saying what I heard was reported on the news. And again my question is did anyone else here the report. The report was probably a mistake, yet it seems odd they would report such a story.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
WHy is it odd that they would report that story? Were you just not paying attention to the news that day? Were you unaware of the literally HUNDREDS of false news reports that came in? The news media had never dealt with anything of this scale before and very literally reported every tiny little rumor they heard as fact. The car bomb in front of the State Department building is the big one that sticks out in my mind.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   
First reports are usually wrong. It's no surprise at all there were many incorrect preliminary news reports on 9/11.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Nope, never heard the story & I too doubt the hijackers would of said "okay you win we will go land where you tell us". We all know they would have made them shoot them down - which is appearently what happened to one flight that day. I have several members of my family that are airline employees & one was diverted to Toronto & was stuck there for several days - there was never any mention of a hijacked plane that landed safely there or anywhere else for that matter.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Are you thinking of the instance where a Middle Eastern man was arrested on 9/11 when his plane was diverted to Toronto? He was carrying flight gear and a photo himself in a flight uniform in front of a fake backdrop of the WTC towers, identical to the picture that known terrorist, Mohammad Zeki Majoub, had in his possession when he was arrested a year earlier. Another man had been arrested carrying the same picture and flight gear just days earlier--it is now thought to be a "calling card" of sorts for those involved in the plot.

www.cbsnews.com...
www.cooperativeresearch.org...:05am%2011%20Sept%202001&timeline=complete_911_timeline&startpos=300

top topics

join