It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece eyeing F-35

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Caughtlurking

Why we were ever friendly with them is a major mistake by Western leadership

I think there is plenty of room for concern with exactly how friendly we should be, but their inclusion in NATO was a strategic victory, and watching them leave would be a mistake. I'm quite aware of the depth of the rift, but I'd juat as soon not stoke the flames. There have been several occasions over the past few decades where "what do we do when two NATO countries go to war" seemed like it might stop being a hypothetical.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I sent you a pm as to not hijack the post. That being said we shouldn't have to pay for political victory's of almost a century ago by supporting a country that refuses to see it's genocidal past and it's current genocidal tendencies.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I think its all about turkey because they're the closest to them, so the money is going to be from another country "Germany"

I agree.......this is not that far fetched given their enmity towards Turkey AND that Turkey is banned from the type at present

If you really want to set them off give them the jets Turkey was slated to receive.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Isn't Greece actually paying their fair share of NATO obligations? Looks like they were barely meeting the threshold, which is good.

I think they managed to get their shoes tied and running again, lets hope.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I remember Greece signing an MoU to buy 180 Eurofighter just before their Olympics and decent into 3rd world economy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join