It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My terrifying sleep paralysis experience.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
One time I had this happen and when I looked up there was weird, glowing, almost demonic looking writing on the ceiling. Don’t know what it said. May have a dream, but if it was it was a lucid dream with sleep paralysis.
a reply to: maddy21

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I had sleep paralysis quite a bit when I was a teenager. I would think I was awake, and would be looking around my room (just moving my eyes because the rest of me was frozen still) and would see nothing there but the indentations of something crawling my bed from the foot towards me. I could see and feel the indentations of the weight of whatever it was, getting closer to me. I would try to scream with all of my might but wouldn't be able to.

Every once in a while though I WOULD be able to scream and when that happened I would wake up. It was always disorienting because I really thought I was awake when I was paralyzed. But the scream, when I managed it, would wake me up and I would realize that obviously I was dreaming. In a few of those paralysis dreams, the thing would make it to my arms and would start what felt like biting them and clawing them. If I screamed myself awake during these, I would wake up to my arm being asleep- that tingly-numb feeling you get sometimes when you leave your arm or leg or foot in a position where the blood doesn't get to it easily.

Weird about the electricity in the room though. I would make friends with Jesus, if you aren't already.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

So.....Kindly don't kill my thread.

Sorry that I answer the questions you posed when you replied to me.

Not trying to kill anything, me posting is adding to your thread not killing it,

People will hestitate to speak, if you outright deny their experiences as being some "Hellucination" or "biological" reason.

Have I outright denied anything?

I offered my opinions of what a poster said because of how you replied to them and then in my 2nd post answered the questions you asked?

Every one who is actively visiting forums and discussing about sleep paralysis is very much aware of the "rational" or biological reason as to why it happens.

NO, most likely they are not in my opinion from looking into these subjects and others on online forums

they will glance over the information without further research, I guess you can say its awareness but its better to actually look into the psychology of sleep and studies done where possible answers to why so many see a dark figures can ease their minds

same goes for subjects here on ATS that are based on history, space and many other things.

Many just want to read and hear and absorb what they want to feed or try and convince themselves of their beliefs.

No one said anyone was hallucinating but if one wants know why so many see dark figures it takes more than a google search and a reading a paragraph or 2 about sleep paralysis.

Are dreams hallucinations?

we dream during REM sleep, awaking from that stage can make us see things.

Personally...... I believe that our minds do actually perceive beings in those stages or when one is extremely fatigued that crates a sort unbalance chemically in our brains. Substance use such as hallucinogenics could also open up our perception to beings that would not be perceivable under other conditions.

are these beings actual external to us or a part of us?

There are those who have experienced such events which leads them to believe there is more to it than just biological.

If you are not adding chemicals such as drugs and foods that give you bad dreams to your body to change your brains chemistry then its mostly psychological,

Looking into the physiological studies, actually learning about the human mind and whats known and theorized by the experts actually made me lean more to that something paranormal is involved if its not the power of the human mind which in itself is quite extraordinary and paranormal itself.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hmm I had the exact same hooded figures and a taller man in a hat behind them but my cloaked guys looked more like ants marching TV static if it became a 3d medium in the real world. Not just black but the shifting black pepper and white of the static

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I've had sleep paralysis far too often, but it's not aliens or ghosts causing it.

www.brainandspinalcord.org...

Sleep paralysis is a disorder characterized by the inability to move upon falling asleep or waking up. Sleep paralysis occurs as a person is moving in our out of rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, and is the result of a premature disconnection between the brain and body. While the brain and body normally disconnect during REM sleep, those who suffer from sleep paralysis experience the disconnection as they are about to enter or exit REM instead.

They used to happen to me often as well. Now it is a much rarer occurrence. I've noticed that in the past I had a weaker mind, so I couldn't break free of them. Now that my mind is strong, if I put enough will into it, I can snap out of it fairly quickly.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Once is pointing. Twice is yelling. Thrice+ is grabbing them by the neck and holding open their eyelids.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Never happened to me personally, but has happened to a family member who is such a strong minded, no nonsense, Alpha male type, that his account of exactly what the OP and others are describing really left an impression, he was freaked out !

I do believe I have been visited by Good spirits, so there's a lot beyond our reality we don't understand. If this happened to me, I would call on Jesus, these "demons" seem to back down when you call on him.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

I went to a Church for a blessing and I've never had an episode since.
They are truly the most terrifying experiences ever.
I've had similar episodes involving Aliens and being on their spacecraft but they are never frightening, more peaceful and calming.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I've seen the shadow people 3 times in my life. All accompanied by paralysis and sheer terror. Whatever it is, isn't friendly for sure.
edit on -05:002019Sun, 14 Apr 2019 18:48:06 -050030America/Chicago000000Sun, 14 Apr 2019 18:48:06 -0500SunAmerica/ChicagoApr by PorteurDeMort because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Check out my comments on sled735 Thread. Hoodie has followed me around to every home that I have ever lived.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Followes you to every house. Gee... it's almost like it's something caused by your own brain, so it doesnt matter whether you move or not because the issue is with you! Like, say, some kind of well-documented sleep disorder!
But sure, a paranornal creature following you around seems more logical...

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Every one who is actively visiting forums and discussing about sleep paralysis is very much aware of the "rational" or biological reason as to why it happens. Its the first thing we read on Google. I have been aware of this for years. There are those who have experienced such events which leads them to believe there is more to it than just biological.

People will hestitate to speak, if you outright deny their experiences as being some "Hellucination" or "biological" reason.

So.....Kindly don't kill my thread.

Yes, how dare you have a dissenting opinion or offer another well-researched explanation! How rude!
And clearly most people are NOT aware of the biological reasons, seeing as how they continue to assume that it is paranormal.
People will continue to be uninformed if someone does not point out the biological/psychological reasons.
If pointing out concrete, verifiable scientific data is such an affront to your argument that you find it offensive, then mayhaps you should reconsider your argument.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I've had a similar experiance although I wasn't asleep,not a fun one either,never want to feel that again,I cussed out whatever it was

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   

It's researched yes but not explained, they also have researched OBEs and found substance in the evidence, and again unexplained. I had sleep paralysis years ago but didn't see anything I thought my brain has woke up before my motor, it wasn't untill I went to uni and learned just how well studied it is, of course the first shouts are it's a waking dream facilitated by fear garnered from being awake and unable to move, I'm torn on imagination or outside forces but either is amazing because if it was imagination then it has been created by us and has an energy print, your very own servitor.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:23 AM
link   

So I suppose when shaman go on their trips and communicate with spirit animals then that can all be explained as well, because you are talking of the same thing. Honestly though if u wanna put a line under it at what you found then do so, but it is far from explained, as Jung said many years ago and still so relevant, we havent even scratched the surface of the human brain and it's intricacies.
Paraphrased.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21
So this happened a few years ago, when I was 17. I finally had a long vacation and decided I would spend a few days in my brother house as he was alone(his wife had gone out for a few days). After the long trip, I finally reach his place, and he takes me to the guest room. That used to be his bedroom and for some reason he had changed it. So I go in the room, relax and freshen myself up and the electricity only in that room goes away. We did check everywhere, and found no reason for the electricity to stop, was working fine through out the house.

So its my first night and everything is more or less fine. I wake up around 3:00am but I think nothing of it. Just some weird sensation which I ignore straight away. The second night, I wake up again around the same time. I am sleeping sideways, sort of cuddled and closed. Suddenly, I notice I can't breath properly, when I try to get up I can't move, not a muscle, not even my pinkie finger. All I can do is blink. I look around, on the corner of my eyes. I notice this large black figure, around 7ft tall. Sort of looking like a grim reaper, thick black. He had no face as such. Just a humanoid figure wearing a long loose robe. He was standing beside the guest room door, with night lights coming in. So there is no reason for that figure to be dark unless this asshole of a ghost decided to bend the laws of physics itself. His figure was as black as the void, just darkness. The next is the sensation of pure terror. The feeling of being pulled downwards. I genuinely thought I was going into this abyss that day. The absolute terror and the helplessness. All I see is that dark figure, just standing there. Just staring, right at me. I was in the same position, completely paralysed, lying down and started actually having visions of being pulled down into hell. I don't know if that was induced by the ghost or I started it myself due to sheer panic. This continued without any end for 15 minutes. After it stopped, suddenly, Just like that. I regained my motor functions. I looked around and the figure was gone. The Night lights were again lighting up the wall where the figure once stood. I just sat there for almost 10 minutes, before I had the courage to dash out of the bedroom.

My brother is an atheist, so I did not bother mention that to him. Suffice to say I slept in the living room the next few days with the excuse that it was too hot. Weird part is, just when I was leaving that place. Electricity came back in that guest room. Just like that. Neither did I have any logical explanation. Neither did my brother.

That feeling of terror in you, that's what they come for. That fear within you, it is the creation of negative energy and it emanates beyond your physical body from within you when you're terrified. Fear/terror creates a very strong energy, so strong it can make a human physically capable of super-human feats. The lower-vibrational creatures need and absorb this negative energy in order to exist.

Prayer helps. Immensely. Meditate often, and learn to control/change the energy you produce inside by controlling your mind/thoughts. You have to practice to master it.

We all affect each other and everything on this living Earth with the energy we create inside us as it emanates way beyond our physical bodies, it touches and affects others' energies and vice-versa. Be aware of this and ensure your energy is positive - be forgiving, be selfless, be calm, pray often. And please meditate. Meditation changed my life, and me.

They're only interested in your negative energy, they need it. They won't come back if you don't have any.

Speaking from experience. Many.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

There's nothing to fear but fear itself.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I’ve had sleep paralysis since I was a kid.
Happy to report it’s not demons or spirits.
Just your own mind tormenting itself.

Best of luck
GG

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I'm trying to point them toward the actual medical causes of a common disorder , in the hope they will seek help, not keep insisting it's a boogeyman come to torment them.

And yes, we do know what causes it. The research is there for anyone to read.

No. Youre spamming the thread. Like a jerk would do. (not saying that YOURE a jerk... I, unlike SOME PEOPLE I KNOW...will allow others to come to their own conclusion without trying to shove My preferred version of reality repeatedly down their face.)

You made your point. Nobody cared. So you pleaded with them "come on you guys" as if it somehow bothers you that people are discussing things they experienced and what it made them feel.

"some people even saw a cat"

BS

There are a TON of reported "evil, dark entities". Dont try to water down the truth with this "cat" nonsense. Any ATS threads about someone seeing a cat upon waking? No its always something evil preying on us in our moment of vulnerability.

A #ing cat.... you gotta be kidding me.
edit on 4/16/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I never had sleep paralysis I dont think.

Once I had the weirdest nightmare ever. Thw only dream I ever had that took place in my bedroom, in my bed that i just went to sleep in.

The dream was as follows:

I wake up suddenly, detecting that something or someone has entered my room. Immediately the chaotic struggle begins. The first thing I notice, a bunch of little 3-4 feet tall "things" (i think of them as kinda like gremlins, or goblins. mischievous. little. monsters.) at the foot of the bed, immediately surround me on both sides, using my own blankets to cover me, i had sat up as they pulled my blankets over my head and I would pull my way out in one direction and they would have some of them rush over to that spot, outnumber and overpower me, pulling it back down and keeping me trapped under my comforter and sheet, and so I would go to the other side, where there were a fewer number of goblins that I could overpower, and as soon as I made any progress, they would "send reinforcements" over to That side...

This was all over in a matter of like 5 seconds, definitely less than 10, so I hadn't tried standing up in my bed or rolling off it or kicking wildly at them or anything like that, I was still trying to figure out wtf was happening when it ended. Which I'll get to soon...

So, as I was struggling against them, I would have a small "slit" of a view out into my room each time I pulled the blankets up high enough, and just before they would pull it back down again. One or two of these times that I got a peek out into my room, I saw a tall entity wearing a hooded robe, all black. I don't know if its because its face was shrouded by shadows, or what, but, inside the hood of the robe, I saw only a darker blackness than the blackness of the robe itself. I got the sense that this being/entity was the orchestrator of my torments that night.

So, after maybe 5 or 6 seconds, Maybe 7, it was like God snapped his fingers and I was alone in my room and I was laying on my back, my covers were not over my head and everything was back to normal except that I was breathing And sweating like I had just finished a marathon.

I had the sense that whatever had come for me was defeated (by who? me? an intervening force? I dont know), and failed to do whatever it had come to do. I felt confident, but my adrenaline was jacked up still, so I definitely wasn't clam, but, I wasn't feeling any sense of dread, if that helps to clarify. But I really have no way of knowing if it failed or succeeded, do I? (or if it was real. I tend to feel it was more than just another dream, but how much more?

Nothing like that has happened before or since. I was about 22 or 23. When I was about 11, I saw 2 UFOs within less than a month while camping for a month during the summer, in Chinook Pass, around 1992. Other than that, nothing Too interesting has happened.

Sorry, I know my story isnt sleep paralysis per se... but it happened during a sleeping/unconscious event, and involved a tall, dark, ominous figure. And scared the bejeezus out of me.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

<< 1    3  4 >>

join