It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fine Feathered Dinosaur

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
To be honest there were plenty of resources in the tropics, humans are simply out breeding the food supply. We may go the way of the Neanderthal. Wonder what’s next?

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I bet that would taste great cooked like southern fried chicken in bacon grease.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'd love to see a movie with the special effects budget of Jurassic Park do dinosaurs right. It irritates the heck out of me the best looking dinosaurs are all wrong.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Malak777
Please don't take offense but I don't see any scientific data backing up the claims in the OP. While its very possible I suppose, I would like to see the data supporting the theory. This reads more like an opinion piece than scientific fact.

Saying "it is believed that" does not make it fact nor do pics of dino's with feathers. Just saying.

It is believed that dinosaurs feathers and later bird feathers came from bristles that evolved out of scales.

When you say "I think" do you not have data to back it up? We have micro-organism fossils dating back 4 million years ago, do we have fossils of Dino's with feathers? I would think we would if they did exist as you say they did. IDK just asking.

I think the mutations inherited the earth as the meek because the giants could not cope. The mammals, the birds and reptiles inherited the earth as the meek with their most worrying predators wiped out the world became theirs. They flourished and continued evolution.

From what little I know, I would agree that not all Dino's became extinct and evolution is certainly a huge part of what we see in all life today. Theories are all good and all but some real data would be nice in order to back up your claims.

The dinosaurs did not become extinct. The birds are here and so are the reptiles. They just went different ways. They evolved into mammals, birds and reptiles.

The evidence seems to point at the dinosaurs disappearing at the same time universally, in a very short space of time yet life was able to go on. Whatever happened was not a total cataclysm as the mutations they gave rise to are them in another variant, out of the same DNA and species ancestors.

edit on 14-4-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
What do you say about prehistoric fish? Or alligators or snakes? Insects? Many have had no need for further evolution for millions of years. Dinosaurs and bird species clearly are related but you pose no proofs only claims.

a reply to: Malak777

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Evolution doesn't occur because species "need" to evolve. No matter how hard you try, you will not evolve.

"It irritates the heck out of me the best looking dinosaurs are all wrong."

There is no "wrong," because there's no consensus among paleontologists regarding what dinosaurs looked like. There is little to no evidence of skin/feather/etc., coloration. Everything we use to depict a living dinosaur is based on fossils/bones combined with coloration of living animals, and a whole lot of imagination.

For many years, dinosaurs were thought to be grey in color simply because that is the color of an elephant, and elephants are huge, so the correlation between size and color made sense to the experts at the time. Certain bird-like dinosaurs are now depicted as having coloration similar to living birds (compare the dino-critter and the cassowary above).

The feathers argument is simply more guesswork. It has yet to be proven.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join