It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Weakening Of Earth's Magnetic Field Has Greatly Accelerated a new article

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Not solely, no.

I bet enough to cause some confusion though.

What in interesting time to be alive.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Earth's magnetic field has been much weaker than it is now, in fact it's stronger than the long term average. It doesn't seem to be behaving like it did prior to other reversals, more just a return to normal.

This new evidence is consistent with the factor-of-2 equator-to-pole paleointensity signature of a geocentric axial dipole field and also indicates that the time-averaged field is considerably weaker than the present-day field. The resulting dipole moment provides a new calibration standard for cosmogenic isotope production rates and suggests that the present decrease in geomagnetic field intensity may simply be a return to a more average magnitude rather than a harbinger of a polarity reversal.

source

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Cheers Phage for the corrections.

I wasn't aware that the magnetic field was actually in a phase stronger than what it has been previously, and that this 'stronger' phase is now in a weakening phase and might be returning to its more (normal) lower levels?

I agree the liquid core will have variant temperature circulatory vortexes driving dynamic flow. Where the mantle meets with the lowest part of the crust there will, I think be an exchange of debris into the mantle (bit like the erosion of a river bank), and material up welling, keeping things at a stable correspondence.

My weather paragraph is rendered moot by the fact of being or coming out of a stronger magnetic field phase, and only probable if solar and interstellar radiation were to reach the earth's surface in much greater quantities, due to imbued lowered or absent filtering of said radiation.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
One of the better videos on the magnetic shield of earth and the video also discusses the South Atlantic Anomaly which now covers 1/5 the Earth's surface. youtu.be...

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Thanks for the early Saturday morning video.

It pretty much covered everything in the thread!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join