It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Lawmakers Approve $27M Tuition Aid To Illegals Rejects Bill For Gold Star Families

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Another Cloward-Piven overload trick 😎

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

This is a topic near and dear to my heart as I'm a military brat.

I'll share something that most don't know.

Back in the day your Home State was considered where ever your Military parent put down as their permanent residence. In my case it was Pennsylvania.
So if I choose to go anywhere to college except Pennsylvania I would be charged out of state tuition. Keep in mind, I never lived in Pennsylvania. It did not matter if I lived in Texas for ten years, or overseas for all of my life, all that mattered was that my Dad was from Pennsylvania.

President Obama changed this. I know a lot of people don't like him, but I have to give him credit for this. He made it so that military children could get instate tuition a lot easier. There are still rules that apply, but they make much more sense now.

As far as letting "Dreamers" get our money, and it is OUR money, this is crazy. People need to WAKE up.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Ridiculous. I work in NY state. On a related note. I realized recently, thinking about affirmative action both literal and de facto, that in nyc many employment establishments will put immigrants over me (as a white male who moved from the west coast). This is probably true in education diversity initiatives too. Even though I struggle and am a single dad from several thousand miles away.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Why are we putting illegals through college? They will be returning home soon enough so that will leave plenty of available funds (at least $27,000,000) for our wonderful military families

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
Ridiculous. I work in NY state. On a related note. I realized recently, thinking about affirmative action both literal and de facto, that in nyc many employment establishments will put immigrants over me (as a white male who moved from the west coast). This is probably true in education diversity initiatives too. Even though I struggle and am a single dad from several thousand miles away.

This is precisely why affirmative action is a joke. Sure, lets push more qualified candidates aside because someone is XYZ race or "special group" Eye roll

Affirmative action implies selecting a candidate based on their race/other factor over a more qualified candidate. Otherwise, the individual would be picked regardless of any "affirmative action" BS

The only institutionalized racism in this country is BS laws like this
edit on 4/12/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm honestly having a hard time figuring out who and why someone with any sense or intelligence can keep voting for these people. Is it just a party line thing? Because you'd have to be pretty frickin stupid to vote for people who just want to destroy your country. What a pathetic display.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
But it’s also absurd because Im kinda an immigrant as far as relocation from west coast, and because i didn’t have any connections in ny before I got here, struggled at times as an outsider. However, an actual immigrant is seen as more diverse and in need of help and affirmative action. It doesn’t really compute.

I agree with you that affirmative action especially as it has become is unfair to individuals. It’s not just equally qualified people losing out to a minority, now I’ve seen first hand objectively less qualified individuals who are minorities getting chosen over more qualified white males. Not only is that harmful to those white guys, it’s also potentially harmful to the organization’s goals and impact.
a reply to: JBurns

edit on 12-4-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Well, yeah, and in a lot of states, illegals also receive in state tuition rates no matter where they're actually living. My kid lives about 20 miles from the Kansas border, and I'm a third generation alum from my alma and former student athlete and varsity letter winner (so I was a good one), but if I want to send him there and we don't move back to Kansas to establish residency, he will still pay out of state rates despite all of that even though some illegal living down the street from us would get in state rates just for being illegal.

(I don't know if Kansas is one of those states, but some states are like that.)
edit on 12-4-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
I'm honestly having a hard time figuring out who and why someone with any sense or intelligence can keep voting for these people. Is it just a party line thing? Because you'd have to be pretty frickin stupid to vote for people who just want to destroy your country. What a pathetic display.

Because the cultural narrative on Republicans being the party of hate is so very strong and pervasive.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Damn yeah that’s deeply frustrating.

I have sympathy for all kinds of immigrants, but illegal immigrants shouldn’t be treated better in the sense you are saying than legal residents or citizens.
a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: strongfp

I am guessing if one has a visa, they would be considered documented and a proper legal immigrant. This appears to be for those who are not documented or illegally overstayed their visas.

Only rewarding those who do not follow the law this time.

You raise some good points. How do we know how much of any of a city's or states money goes for undocumented illegal aliens? How could you possibly track that?

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Isn't that the point?

College aged people equals voters. Remember these are the same people who want every state to do away with the Electoral College, and replace it with a "popular voting method". The more people your state has the more that state controls the vote. Now I know that many here will say wait a minute, illegals can't vote! It's not about if they can or can't, but rather it's about how many voters a state can claim. As we saw in Florida and as we are now seeing in California, When you have a third party responsible for collecting up the votes, it only matters how many votes can be claimed and fixed. If you can prove that there are a billion people in your state (since these people also don't want the citizenship question asked) then you can rig a billion votes for who ever you want, and the rest of the country has to follow suit.

Of course this isn't going to happen, but the ground work is being set, and this is just a step in that direction. De-value citizens that ask questions, and elevate non-citizens with free stuff to shut them up. SICK

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
What a horrible decision.....how any normal American citizen can relate to anything Democrat is beyond me

top topics

<< 1   >>

join