It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just one crazy adventure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Had this sitting in my notepad for over a year now. Figured I would share this scary story. Choose to believe or not IDC.

Dear mods if I have placed this in the wrong forum please correct my mistake. Thank you in advance.

With the recent very unfortunate event unfolding as we speak I decided to share a story with you guys.
I used to assist park rangers and properly map caves and assist with the difficulty rating. One day I was in the Ozarks trying to get to a cave that I informed could be dangerous and one that kids were going to. It was me and two other very good friend and we are well experienced. So the mouth of the cave is huge and raised up about 20 feet. Me being the lightest was tasked with testing this rope that was in place already. I went up and had gone to make sure it was properly tied in place. Well it was not and was also very old. So I replaced it with a new one and actually tied this one down. As I am securing the rope my sat was ringing. I finished the rope and answered. The only people that have this number are the park rangers and another buddy that couldn’t make this trip. It’s the freaking park ranger. The weather was pretty crazy that day and some severe storm systems were expected, though after looking at the radar and consulting the park rangers we didn’t expect much. So the ranger told me that circulation was forming just south east of where I was.

If anyone has been in tornado ally that is not the “best” news to hear. I tell my two friends that are with me and they made it up the rope as if the world was going to end. We get inside the cave. We knew that being in the cave would be dangerous but we would be free of debris that could be flying around. Not ever being in this situation and not one we ever expected to happen we didn’t have a guide of WTF to do if a tornado is near by. So my buddy stepped to the mouth to listen or that unforgivable sound (anyone that has been near one knows what I am talking about). Well sure enough the sound was present. We didn’t really what to do and knew that even a small F2 could possibly suck us out of the cave. So we attached ourselves to the newly secured rope and locked arms at the rear of the mouth. This was no F2.....it was a freaking F3 heading straight towards us.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   
And???

Well, keep going!

What happened next?

P

ETA. I gave you an offering of a flag and a star. Can we have the rest of the story please.
edit on 8/4/2019 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

That was pretty much it man. After the tornado passed we waited about thirty min for the wind to die down. Then we went to the car in hopes it was good to go. Btw it was then we headed to the nearest stop and headed home. The story is all the juicy stuff. Cool story and one that most wont get to experience but after all that nothing exciting happened.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Lame, man. You built it up in your OP like something crazy happened ("Believe me or not IDC"). Nice trolling. 😂😂

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
And you fainted and when you woke up you were all in the vehicle everything packed and ready to go...except one guy was missing. Its already dark by then, so you decide to leave one guy at the vehicle, to uh, man the radio ueah thats it. So you alone with a flashlight had to go back to the cave and explore it to find out what happened to your friend with 19 uears of experience cave diving. This was early in your career, just 2 years in, but, again, you were the sprightly-est of the group so you had to get in that cave. The kids had been in there so the usual "wannabe" Satanic and obscene writings littered the walls, along with lots of broken beer bottles and god knows what else littered on the floor. Suddenly you hear a groan echoing fron deep within the caverns...man or beast, you could not tell...

Ok you finish.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Nice, I've been in 2 nados.
1 did a final destination 12" thick through my roof, I went towards the outside to check my jeep out, turned to turn on the light, turned back toward the door and there was another giant spear shaped tree where I was just standing.
Almost died like a mandroid-kabob.

Gotta say, I thought this was going to be about samsquanch.

top topics

join