It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry white man' class offered at KU this fall

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: Beach Bum

Nah man, this is an OPPORTUNITY! An op to see why all those white men are angry. I really want to be in that class!

Why go to all that trouble, just pick up a few of the Professor's books.

The author or editor of twelve books, including Zarathustra in Paris: The Nietzsche Vogue in France, 1891-1918 (2001), The Dreyfus Affair and the Crisis of French Manhood (2004) and Masculinity in the Modern West (2008), Forth is the co-editor of Fat: Culture and Materiality (2014) and editor-in-chief of the journal Cultural History. His new book is entitled On Fat: A Cultural History of the Stuff of Life (London: Reaktion Books, 2019).

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Because those books say nothing of angry white men. AND....I wanna argue...errr...counterpoint his discussion. But not angrily.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Because those books say nothing of angry white men. AND....I wanna argue...errr...counterpoint his discussion. But not angrily.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. Nietzche

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Lol. If you take any position other than what Professor Goebbels here is spitting up, you'll just be dismissed as an angry white person.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

If it floats your boat have fun, take some notes for the rest of us so we know what makes us white guys so "Angry."

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I grew up in Kansas, live about an hour from the People's Republic of Lawrence, but I wouldn't be caught dead in that class. I'm a proud K-State alum.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

As a member of this bastard class.

I've never had to be taught how to be angry or the reason I am.

This is what passes for higher education people.

Let it sink in.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Let it sink in.

How can someone let something sink in that someone knows nothing about?
edit on 14CDT12America/Chicago023121230 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I'd certainly be angry if that was a pre-requisite for a degree... exactly what profession does that prepare a person for? And what is the starting salary compared to cost of the course, after at least 10 year's interest is applied?

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

With my best tinfoil hat firmly in place, I'm finding this media/social attention to toxic masculinity and angry white men quite curious in that it distracts attention from the absolute most toxic and angry white men as a group: the gender euphoric autogynephilic man identifying as a "woman."

As the Equality Act continues to be debated and discussed in Congress, could it possibly be that some folks would like the majority of men to be too busy defending their own names and reputations to be able to effectively fight the truly toxic and angry men forcing themselves into women's private spaces?

Just a thought (and observation) for now...

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
... exactly what profession does that prepare a person for?

Academia.

Or journalism.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: neo96

Let it sink in.

How can someone let something sink in that someone knows nothing about?

I wonder ...

Since, in modern times, we are told that we are not to talk about why certain groups are this and that because we do not understand the authentic day to day experiences of those groups, why is it that a class like this can be offered through the women's and gender studies department and taught by someone in that dept. who would presumably by a female prof and not an actual white man is considered legitimate?

Wouldn't it be as inauthentic as only considering the voices of whites on blacks and the black experience is considered to be?

*EDIT*

Ep, nope. This guy is teaching it, but looking at his academic publishing history, his area of real expertise is apparently fat shaming, not study on angry white men.
edit on 7-4-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Pretty goofy and par for the course for surprisingly-stupid "intellectuals"

However, it is about time they make some effort to understand the forces behind the Patriot movement. Too bad they showed us they still don't understand it at all... has nothing to do with being angry and white. Just plain angry.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

And back in the day, individuals would get eaten by a saber-toothed tiger if they went out too far on their own.

- Lakenheath24

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Indeed, but man what fun it would be to calmly discuss the syllubus, only to be tossed out in anger....by the Professor and other students. It would make a great YouTube vid.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

LOL, I just wanna see the lecture. I wonder if this professor has actually spoken to any of these angry white dudes? I mean has been gone to Cleveland lately? Cuz there are a bunch of punch-drunk happy, white, Browns fans!

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Star for making me look up a word. But I dont think the Professor is worried about angry dudes who think they are women. I think he is talking to us Mid-Western, country-music listening, Trump-votin, Jeezus-lovin, pick-up drivin, heathens.

But yeah, I get your point.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
... exactly what profession does that prepare a person for?

Academia.

Or journalism.

Fair enough, now what about the second question? And how many journalist openings are there now? Wouldn't it be better to just go ahead and learn to code?

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Well, APPARENTLY, you are qualified to do ANYTHING!!!!!

wgs.tcnj.edu...

I man damn, my MBA and Marketing Degree don't rate 10% of those jobs. LOL

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

It's not about understanding it, or addressing it. It's about marginalizing and criminalizing it. Sort of like what white peeps did to brown peeps back in the day.

The pendulum never stops at equality though.....on anything.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join