It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial casting: Wolverine in the MCU

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I had a thought driving home from work that Danial Radcliffe (remembering he was less than average height) might be able to physically embody the character-- with an obvious workout regimen before filming. But not to extreme: i.imgur.com...

Dude, Just NO

Harry Potter can try and make other films, to me they are unwatchable even if the movie is decent, not unwatchable but he playing Harry Potter just distracts if the movie is good.

I liked the harry potter movies to a certain extent, good entertainment and was funny when I heard about all the nonsense of hardcore religious parents thinking the movies were demonic

Its roles like Harry Potter that make certain actors who take on these roles just unwatchable and unbelievable when playing other characters in other films.

Could you really watch Wolverine while thinking he will scream out expecto experiumus and pull out a magical wand and wave it around?

What are your thoughts on who should play Wolverine in the MCU?

Some characters are played so well by certain actors that they shouldn't ever be recast.

Hugh as Wolverine is one of them

Kurt Russel as Snake Plissken being another, been that hearing that a remake of escape from NY will have teh Rock as Snake, just NO.

The Rock is good in many movies, annoying as F in others but shouldn't try and take on classic characters.

Daniel Radcliffe is Harry Potter, Other than reprising the role in any future installment I cannot think of him playing a character such as Wolverine, it make me shiver.

If there is anyone I think would be OK or actually great to take on Wolverine, is what The LieWeLive says

Tom Hardy

That dude is a hardcore awesome actor, just look at his name, see him in the movie Warrior, he would be a good choice if any for Wolverine.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Glenn Danzig

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Whomever they choose to play the character, they will probably look to someone who can play it for 20ish years like Hugh has done.

I do not think casting a gent in his 60s would be a great choice.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I say cast Jussie Smollett and really piss people off.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

He is too tall. That's the big issue.
Agreed he could play the part.

Height's not too much of an issue. Look how they made Sylvester Stallone look like he was tall in Rocky movies.

They do the same for Tom Cruise, too.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Another great Aussie actor that can play a great "hard guy with heart" role, Callan Mulvey.
He's also been put back together after a hectic car accident so along with natural ability he has the scars to nail the tough and complex characters.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join