It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange to be expelled from Ecuadorian embassy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
Oh come on! You people have an excuse for this guy every time!

Who are "you people"? Anyway, you don't need an excuse. The facts are plain for all to see.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Oh come on! You people have an excuse for this guy every time!

Who are "you people"? Anyway, you don't need an excuse. The facts are plain for all to see.

Yeah, the facts are plain to see. You lot dismissed him saying the US wanted to extradite him. Turns out he was right, and now you tell him to man up. Pretty much plain for all to see!

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

[Yeah, the facts are plain to see. You lot dismissed him saying the US wanted to extradite him. Turns out he was right, and now you tell him to man up. Pretty much plain for all to see!

Oh, the generalisation.

I could not give a flying fork about whether the US seek extradition of Assange, but I do care about the law. Such a request for extradition has not been made to the UK by the US. If it is made then he'll just have to sort that out, but only after he's dealt with his current offence, for which he will be arrested for in the UK. How is that not plain?

And yes, he does need to man up. This ain't going away, so he may as well get it sorted out once and for all. The UK arrest warrant ain't going to time-out like the Swedish rape accusations.

As quoted from his last attempt to avoid justice in the English courts around his arrest warrant...

...On occasions Mr Assange says he fears being extradited to the United States. On an extradition request from the United States in this jurisdiction he would be able to argue extraneous considerations, fair trial and conditions of detention in the United States prison system. The courts would consider, with the assistance of Mr Assange’s lawyers and expert witnesses, whether he should be extradited. There would then be the appeal process which would consider whether the first court got it wrong, whatever the decision either way.

Source - ruling 2 point 57
edit on 6/4/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Creating self Imposed prisons is human nature, funny though because what was he looking at cause he's done 7 years for nothing. If we are to believe the displayed narrative, which I don't anyway so. F.I.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

[Yeah, the facts are plain to see. You lot dismissed him saying the US wanted to extradite him. Turns out he was right, and now you tell him to man up. Pretty much plain for all to see!

Oh, the generalisation.

I could not give a flying fork about whether the US seek extradition of Assange, but I do care about the law. Such a request for extradition has not been made to the UK by the US. If it is made then he'll just have to sort that out, but only after he's dealt with his current offence, for which he will be arrested for in the UK. How is that not plain?

And yes, he does need to man up. This ain't going away, so he may as well get it sorted out once and for all. The UK arrest warrant ain't going to time-out like the Swedish rape accusations.

As quoted from his last attempt to avoid justice in the English courts around his arrest warrant...

...On occasions Mr Assange says he fears being extradited to the United States. On an extradition request from the United States in this jurisdiction he would be able to argue extraneous considerations, fair trial and conditions of detention in the United States prison system. The courts would consider, with the assistance of Mr Assange’s lawyers and expert witnesses, whether he should be extradited. There would then be the appeal process which would consider whether the first court got it wrong, whatever the decision either way.

Source - ruling 2 point 57

You mean the English law that covered up, powerful peodo rings in the UK. The law that lets ISIS sympathisers protest on our streets! You have faith in our law system lololol

Like I said, it's easy to act the tough guy in your own home telling him to man up. What's the bets if he did leave the embassy and was exdradited to the US, peoe like you would then change what you are saying, and start saying he needs to face justice in America!

The fact is you do not like him. I do not know if it's because you are a government puppet who thinks the government and its laws are never wrong or corrupt, or the fact that you just do mot like him, so will agree with everything that goes against him!

Like I said, if you were in his shoes, you would not leave the embassy. If you say you would, you are simply lying! Would you risk bring extradited to a country with a corrupt government responsible for the deaths of innocent men, women and children? No, you would not!

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

You mean the English law that covered up, powerful peodo rings in the UK. The law that lets ISIS sympathisers protest on our streets! You have faith in our law system lololol

I have yet to see any evidence to support your claims, but go and start a new discussion. Classic diversion, eh?

Importantly, and to topic, have you any evidence that previous US-UK extradition hearings have been unfair? Have you any evidence that Assange has been treated unfairly by the English justice system, considering he has used it quite a lot.

The fact is you do not like him. I do not know if it's because you are a government puppet who thinks the government...

Oh, dear me. You really are being dramatic. I don't know him, nor am I a puppet. Sorry that you cannot handle people who have a different opinion than you, but celebrities rely on their unquestioning fans to help them get away with all sorts, as recent sexual abuse revelations show.

Like I said, if you were in his shoes, you would not leave the embassy.

Well, that's a good question. If I were in his shoes I would have faced my accusers in Sweden and been honest about the process of extradition, had that come about.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I have yet to see any evidence to support your claims, but go and start a new discussion. Classic diversion, eh? 

So let me get this straight? You are saying you jave not seen evidence that the law in the UK did not ignore or cover up successful people who were peodos? Are you saying the law did not ignore or cover up what he was doing because of who he was and what he knew?

And are you saying you have seen no evidence of isis sympathizers on the streets of the UK calling for the isis flag to fly above Buckingham palace.

You have not seen any evidence of this? Are you serious?

As for Assange, it is obvious that the reason he will not step out of the embassy has nothing to do with skipping bail, and all to do with the fact that a corrupt government want him to be extradited to their own country. He was saying this when people like you were saying he was talking rubbish!

And like I said before, it will be the very same people who will say good if America does get their way! Because people like you, easily conditioned and brainwashed, cannot see passed what your mini Gods tell you!

There is a reason why these sociopaths get away with so much!

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

And are you saying you have seen no evidence of isis sympathizers on the streets of the UK calling for the isis flag to fly above Buckingham palace.

You're stretching what you said. This of course happens, but how is this connected to the judciary and the possible proceedings to extradite Assagne to the US? How does this have any baring whatsoever? Try and keep to topic.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

You're stretching what you said. This of course happens, but how is this connected to the judciary and the possible proceedings to extradite Assagne to the US? How does this have any baring whatsoever? Try and keep to topic.

Plain and simple really. How can you put faith in a legal system that covered up horrible acts against children for years? What other horrible, disgusting things have they covered up? Just one example as to why you should not trust any system!

So look at it from his view. Wikileakes has released stuff that has pissed off a lot of people in power, including the UK. Gets accused of rape, redicules when you look at the whole case (but of course being who do not like him will call him guilty)

He goes into the embassy, skipping bail and is worried that the bogus rape claim is a ploy to get him extradited to the US.

Off course the haters say there is no evidence of this, and he is just avoiding the case. Turns out he was right, and the US were planning to get him extradited to the US. With what he has done releasing these documents, you really think the UK would not want him to be extradited to the US. Corrupted allies will work together of course.

So why the hell would he leave the embassy when chances are high that these sociopaths will get him! You say he needs to "man up" You think he should then give up and give in to these sociopaths? Seriously?

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Assange may also be honouring Manning's loyalty.

Last month, Manning was brought before a secret grand jury. Prosecutors told her to testify against Assange. She refused, the judge held her in contempt and sent her back to prison.

She was quoted as saying 'In solidarity with many activists facing the odds, I will stand by my principles. I will exhaust every legal remedy available. My legal team continues to challenge the secrecy of these proceedings and I am prepared to face the consequences of my refusal.'

Manning has been held in solitary confinement and intends to appeal. She has filed a motion for release pending the appeal.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: teapot
a reply to: Jay-morris

Assange may also be honouring Manning's loyalty.

Last month, Manning was brought before a secret grand jury. Prosecutors told her to testify against Assange. She refused, the judge held her in contempt and sent her back to prison.

She was quoted as saying 'In solidarity with many activists facing the odds, I will stand by my principles. I will exhaust every legal remedy available. My legal team continues to challenge the secrecy of these proceedings and I am prepared to face the consequences of my refusal.'

Manning has been held in solitary confinement and intends to appeal. She has filed a motion for release pending the appeal.

Such a corrupt system! What happend to the people who were involved in the illegal invasion of Iraq and Libya? We're they punished? Of course not! And people cannot see through this BS, that's the frustrating and annoying thing!

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I am not sure if the arrest of Assange will help the UK together with the EU to distract from upcoming new failures surrounding Brexit, the Lybia situation and the Ukrainian situation .....

Looks more like taking a hot potato off Moreno's hands and holding it tightly in British hands !
edit on 11-4-2019 by Flanker86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So after all the crap, this is the best they could do?

The US indictment against Julian Assange alleges that the whistleblower engaged in “conspiracy” with US Army soldier Chelsea Manning in 2010, according to a statement from the US Department of Justice. The statement said Assange is charged with conspiracy to commit computer intrusion and alleged attempts to break the password for a classified US government computer.

www.rt.com...

And pathetic Britain p*ssing upwards of $10 million in tax payer money away because of it:

Scotland Yard has spent about £10m providing a 24-hour guard at the Ecuadorean embassy in London since Wikileaks founder Julian Assange claimed asylum there, figures show.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The arrest of Assange is a clear message to any journalists who publish negative press (such as the Wikileaks reports of US Iraqi war crimes) against them, that's the only thing it was ever about, and it's an absolute disgrace, both on the part of the US and UK

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

I would not believe you. I would be wondering how you managed to post from your British jail cell...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join