It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Blogs Thread!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I figure instead of inundating William with U2U's of blog issues, we might as well keep all the present issues in one easy to find thread, eh?
not to mention any other discussion of life with the ATS blogs that isn't really conducive to being conducted in message comments in the blogs.
I've noticed that all member pages are headed with "OzChris" instead of the correct member's name. (click the links in my profile and look at the bar at the top of the browser...that's what I mean). I've also noticed that the lack of links to individual member blogs is a big old pain. all links seem to head to a member's profile, and the only way to get to their personal blog is to actually know the URL. am I missing something?
otherwise, fabulous job on the weblogs, William.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Good idea. Here are the known issues.

1- Title names (yes... getting to it)
2- members now have the ability to add topic sub-menus
3- working on allowing members to modify CSS style sheet for color scheme and font modifications
4- working on auto-generation of new blog for members with 400+ posts
5- need to find a way for members to modify their HTML template (this will be hard)
6- working on integrating "Member Blogs" pull-down menu on forum home
7- working on a "Top 5/5" blogs for forum home that shows the most recently modified blogs, and most visited blogs
8- cleaning up other bugs
9- allowing multi-member blogs so that members can get together and focus on shared topics (this will probably replace the ATS Clans idea)
10- Integrated all blog topics into some kind of forum-looking feature on the ATS Forum home page. Sort of like item 7, but showing the hot blog topics, rather than hot blogs.

- did I miss anything? -

Advertising. The blogs will always have some form of moderate advertising that is also in-place on the forum (for now, member banners only). If there are enough members that want this turned off, we'll probably devise some way to track a small yearly donation to Simon or Forum Technology in exchange.

I'm not sure on a completion date as I've become rather busy at work.

But we're still looking for a few new people to be our testers.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 11:23 PM
link   
c'mon, bloggers! I know someone has something to say! let's get some commentary in here!

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Keep up the good work! I think I submited my title request 10-20 minutes before it went into effect.
I'm gonna go to sleep now.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Masked is on this issue an ignoramus.

Masked wanted to go beta-testing, even offering to ship an entire blog here to see how it fits.

Yet Masked doesn't even know where to look at the workings of other ATS members' psyches in their own blogs.

Masked feels challenged, but not militant.

(Does the Hulk movie use the classic Marvel third person dialogue like 'Why do puny humans always try to hurt Hulk?' ... 'Hulk will smash!' ... I haven't seen it yet...)

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Forget the blog problems, where's the CONTENT?

1/2 the blogs are empty.

Come on guys being a beta tester means you actualy have to make some entries.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

check the links in my profile

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I tried to log in but it didn't work. Do I need to register?

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
I tried to log in but it didn't work. Do I need to register?

yeah. if you're not registered, you can read the current blogs and leave comments in them. right now they're not really open to open registration because they're in beta (e.g. not quite ready for prime time). but if you're interested in helping to test them, send a U2U to William and ask him. I think he's still looking for a few good testers

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
all right, I've got a question or two for William, and since this thread has been floating around, I might as well use it, eh?

how exactly am I supposed to modify the CSS? when I click the link, there's nothing but an empty box. am I supposed to modify it from scratch, or is there something I'm not seeing? also when I click the 'categories' link, there's no options for creating or modifying categories. am I missing something?

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
You shouldn't see an empty box... I'll have a look.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Thats all Im getting as well william, an empty big white box?????

blackwidow

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Whats the status on the Blogs anyhoo? I wouldn't mind having my last, and only one so far --- hehehe, short story made to a Blog.

regards
seekerof

arc

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm having the same problem with modifying css and categories. Also if I view my blog and click on categories - I get Williams

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
VERY IMPORTANT FOR OUR BETA TESTERS!

Do not change your log-in name!

In arc's case, the blogging software didn't provide a choice, as 3 characters is too short for a username (I get around this with a blog auto-generation script).

Maintaining a username for log-in, that is the same as your blogname is important for some hacks that I've created that allow multiple blogs to edit their own categories and style sheets.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Hey MC, dont forget to add my blog to your sig too! lol! go FOOBB!

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
can anyone have a blog???

i wouldnt mind one...............

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Wel, I figured I might as well use the thread.

Im starting to get alot of the CSS coding.
Awesome program William.

I can change font allignments, color schemes, and I can use the three differnet fonts. I can upload pictures, write entres,and respond to entries.

However, I haven't figured out how to add my own font.
Is this possible?
Could I upload a truetype font file into my css or something?

Help please,
Tassadar

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It's best to stay with standard fonts...

Verdana
Times New Roman
Arial
Courier
etc.

There is no reliable way to add a custom font other than setting your typography as a graphic in a program like Photoshop.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join