It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Is Dumping U.S. Dollars for Gold

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Russia Is Dumping U.S. Dollars to Hoard Gold.

Vladimir Putin’s quest to break Russia’s reliance on the U.S. dollar has set off a literal gold rush. Within the span of a decade, the country quadrupled its bullion reserves, and 2018 marked the most ambitious year yet. And the pace is keeping up so far this year.

Many people have said that the next real war will be an economic one.

Lets be honest, the US isnt vulnerable from a military perspective. Much like Rome, we are over extended and digging a deeper hole under our never ending debt and spending.

TPTB know this which would probably explain our invasions and occupations of resource rich nations.

But wait, theres more.

As the rush for gold continues, we've seen more and more of these headlines:

How A Manhattan Jeweler Wound Up With Gold Bars Filled With Tungsten.

Do a search and you'll find endless headlines about how fake gold is becoming more and more frequent. But dont use Google. Theyve conveniently scrubbed a lot of the results.
Germany has since received its gold, but its taken much longer than it should have.

Word on the street is that theres a serious gold shortage and that the central banks ie the Rothschilds are trying to keep the gold market from exploding and taking with it their counterfeit fiat debt based money.

One of the biggest threats to the gold market was India. While they are in 3rd place for gold imports, they do something much more "dangerous".

INDIANS ACTUALLY MELT THEIR GOLD FOR JEWELRY.

Indian gold market threatens to expose the gold ponzi scheme!

So the banksters cannot send fake gold to India.

So what they did instead is to create a gold "SCHEME". Yes, they actually call it a scheme! The idea is to stop or greatly reduce the amount of gold imported by India.

Gold Imports by India Collapsed in 2018.

And its working.

Essentially people deposit their gold with the bank. The bank pays them interest on the gold. The gold is melted down and sold back to the jewelers...

It mimics the early Goldsmiths and fractional reserve banking but with real money: ie gold.

edit on 31-3-2019 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Have no fears, Bitcoin is here!

Shatoshi Nakamoto... you know, the person all people trust for their new asset vehicle standards yet hae zero clue who they are? Maybe people should not be so surprised when they learn that DIGITAL gold may have been created by a governing entity? It's amazing how people will jump onto the digital gold ship without even knowing who created it...

Gold and cash are what old people use...

An estimated $30 TRILLION dollars of baby boomer wealth transfer will occur in the next 2 decades. Do people really think that they're going to buy gold bars or cash with that inherited money?

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Russia is dumping treasuries and buying gold. Because you can’t sanction gold .

Theres really nothing more to the story .

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I have been buying fractional gold for a few months now.

Coupd that be considered dumping my fist for gold? I'm not Russian though, just saying.

I just want to be ready as I can be for/if something should happen.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Afraid I need my income to live, do i can't be buying much gold...

Hoarding some silver though. Here's hoping it helps.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
There's a danger that people overstate the economic power of Russia. It has a GDP comparable with South Korea and less than Italy. The Russia is economically dysfunctional.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
Have no fears, Bitcoin is here!

Shatoshi Nakamoto... you know, the person all people trust for their new asset vehicle standards yet hae zero clue who they are? Maybe people should not be so surprised when they learn that DIGITAL gold may have been created by a governing entity? It's amazing how people will jump onto the digital gold ship without even knowing who created it...

Gold and cash are what old people use...

An estimated $30 TRILLION dollars of baby boomer wealth transfer will occur in the next 2 decades. Do people really think that they're going to buy gold bars or cash with that inherited money?

One imaginary value for another... When it all comes down, you wont be able to trade your bit coins if the lights go out. Gold is physical. It has value. It doesn't deflate. It has actual physical worth.

Trade you my bitcoins for your gold any day.

Since the US has been off the gold standard, you can't just go to a store and buy a bottle of water with it. It has to be 'downsized' to a lesser worth piece of paper that depreciates in value every second. Crypto is FAR more unstable and will/can never be stable or secure enough to become a permanent unit of value. The levy will break one day and it'll be worthless.

One EMP and it's ALL worthless. Except gold.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
I have been buying fractional gold for a few months now.

Coupd that be considered dumping my fist for gold? I'm not Russian though, just saying.

I just want to be ready as I can be for/if something should happen.

Hasn't WWII taught you anything?

Remember what happened to the Jews? They were stripped of all their gold and precious metals/jewels. It was melted down and hoarded for the the Nazi cause.

I said above that I would rather gold but that's only because Crypto and paper money will go the way of the dodo should the lights go out. In truth, I believe it wont matter what we think we have as supposed worth. In a pinch, there will be few types of currency and it likely wouldn't involve metals or paper. It'll be:

- Nourishing Food
- Clean Water
- Medicine
- Shelter
- Safety

All the gold in the world wouldn't be able to purchase or trade for these things if the SHTF.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt
Afraid I need my income to live, do i can't be buying much gold...

Hoarding some silver though. Here's hoping it helps.

Doesn't the market fluctuate though? There was a time when gold/silver shops were opening and tv commercials were on trying to buy your gold or silver. Now the shops are gone, and I remember seeing a commercial about a month a go that was advertising to buy their gold coins.

I'm pretty bad with this stuff, so correct me, but aren't gold like anything else? Buy low, sell high? That seems to be the trend of companies. Unless I'm missing something.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

When Owning Gold Was Illegal in America: And Why It Could Be Again

www.huffpost.com...

FDR Outlaws Gold

One of FDR’s first acts as president, therefore, was to declare the fact that Americans were withdrawing their gold and currency from the beleaguered banking system “a national emergency.” He ordered all banks to close from March 6-9 “in order to prevent the export, hoarding, or earmarking of gold or silver coin or bullion or currency.”

Because he believed this action was not sufficient to prevent runs on banks and the resulting drain of gold from the system, on April 5, 1933, one month after taking office, Roosevelt used the powers granted to the president by the Trading with the Enemy Act of 1917 to make gold ownership illegal. He issued Executive Order 6102, which made gold ownership—both in coins and in bars—illegal for all Americans and punishable by up to ten years in prison. Anyone caught with gold would also have to pay a fine of twice the amount of gold that was not turned over to the Federal Reserve in exchange for paper money.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
EO6102 was a real doozy. Arguably, the worst thing to happen to the US dollar since the Federal Reserve created it out of thin air in the first place, deciding it was worth gold.

I say bring back greenbacks... or start circulating REAL silver again.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The Bureau of International Settlements is supposed to reclassify gold as a tier 1 asset for commercial banks today with their Basel III rules. It was classified as a tier 3 asset before today. This means physical gold will count as capital just like a treasury bond.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That's what outted FDR as the biggest threat the US had ever had in office. If we didn't have him in office, I imagine that we would be quite a bit ahead in this country. Wonder who's side he was on. Globalist?

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I said above that I would rather gold but that's only because Crypto and paper money will go the way of the dodo should the lights go out. In truth, I believe it wont matter what we think we have as supposed worth. In a pinch, there will be few types of currency and it likely wouldn't involve metals or paper. It'll be:

- Nourishing Food
- Clean Water
- Medicine
- Shelter
- Safety

All the gold in the world wouldn't be able to purchase or trade for these things if the SHTF.

Quite true about gold...

Gold is a way to transition wealth from a bad or collapsed economy to a better or robust one.

If an EMP hits, the chance of there being a "stable" economy in the USA in any foreseeable future will be slim.

In a total collapse gold will be useless.

THAT being said, look at the economies the last 100 years that have collapsed and learn from them.

Top items that have been used as a form of currency...

Bullets.
Booze.
Drugs.

THEN your list, with medicinal supplies being first on the list.

Shelter, safety and food can all be purchased with the above in a SHTF scenario.

edit on 31-3-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
EO6102 was a real doozy. Arguably, the worst thing to happen to the US dollar since the Federal Reserve created it out of thin air in the first place, deciding it was worth gold.

I say bring back greenbacks... or start circulating REAL silver again.

But greenbacks weren't backed by gold or silver. Only by government. We don't exactly trust the government today. I'm certain they would print money just like the federal reserve does.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Gold is physical. It has value. It doesn't deflate. It has actual physical worth.

Your crazy if you think I am going to trade any of my things for your shinny rocks once the lights go out.

You better have something of real value like food, water, salt, bullets, warm clothing etc. Gold would be worthless in a post apocalypse.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Russia sure is making some big moves.

Messing in usa elections.
The Ukraine.
Super missiles.
New subs.
Venezuela.
Moving away from the dollar.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

The Ukraine.
Super missiles.
New subs.
Venezuela.

And If China calls in it's markers...could get nasty, very nasty!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I'll stick to guns, food, ammo, real estate for investments.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

The Ukraine.
Super missiles.
New subs.
Venezuela.

And If China calls in it's markers...could get nasty, very nasty!!!

USA wouldn't pay up, simple as that. What are they going to do, start ww3 and correct the world population problem?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join