It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Protesters in Beirut put pressure on Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
In Lebanon today protestors celebrated the over throw of the Pro-Syrian government. They celebrated peacefully with singing, horn honking, and other means of celebration. The government resigned on Monday after protest over the assassanation of former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri.

www.ctv.ca
Jubilant protesters crowded downtown Beirut Tuesday, waving flags, honking horns and singing in celebration of the ouster of Lebanon's pro-Syrian government.

Meanwhile, opposition leaders called on Lebanese to continue their "independence uprising" with nightly peaceful protests at Martyr's Square, while they begin their search to replace Prime Minister Omar Karami.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Nice to see something peaceful in the Middle East after all the wars and death. With peaceful resistence they were able to get what they wanted while terrorists have been killing for years and gotten nothing. This peaceful opposition and over throw of a government may show other nations in the area that terrorism is not the way to make changes.

Related News Links:
www.babsonfreepress.com
www.csmonitor.com

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
allahu ka'lih ya beirut w ya beiruti! Inshallah kill'na mnistafeed min'll khalabi. Allah ka'lih lubnan w ka'lih il'hakil lubnani!

I have never been prouder of my countrymen as I am today.

join