It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are They Playing Asteroid Wars for Real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I have to seriously ask myself this question. What are the odds that the last two greatest "blind" meteors (meaning that it went undetected until after it hit) would hit so close to Russia? The last one in the Bering Sea, was that a close miss? It's a pretty darn big world out there, and I am not liking this strange coincidence.

I mean after all, not an exact science, but pretty close. And a science close enough with today's technology to where I could see covert military planners willing to take a risk they they are correct enough. Get lucky, and yeah, you might deflect a small asteroid with just the right composition to survive our atmosphere and make an impact.

Geez, what a terrible tragedy if the next one happens to take out Moscow- and more. The second asteroid deflection technology was conceived of, someone somewhere realized on the spot what a perfect weapon it would be. Undetectable, untraceable, and all of it to be blamed on random chance and nature. Nice. And super powerful, rivaling nuclear weapons.

Now you can't tell me military planners are not aware of this. It just makes logical sense. If there was a way to achieve this by secretly detecting a suitable asteroid in motion, and sending that puppy slightly off its course just enough to make an atmosphere entry in the right spot, well hey, why couldn't it be used as a weapon? I mean it would be the PERFECT weapon.

With no risk of political, or nuclear, I might add, fallout.

We've already landed on one. It has been said that military covert projects are at least 30 to 50 years ahead of what is known publicly. And I am seriously questioning if Russia right now may be a target guinea pig. Big territory with a wide enough error margin that it can let the mad scientists play without too much risk to our own population. And if they get lucky, well hey, see ya Moscow. See ya Beijing. It wasn't us. You were just unlucky as hell.

Just random thoughts of the day that might be reaching a little too far, that's true- but I wouldn't put it past them. In fact, if you think about it, it would irresponsible of them not to pursue the possibility. It is too perfect and too powerful- and I will argue- irresistible.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

I think the chances of meteor/fireball events over or near Russian land/sea are probably higher than other countries primarily due to it's incredible size:

Russia's 17.1 million square kilometres easily make it the world’s largest by area. In fact, if Russia were to lop off 7 million square kilometers, it would still be the largest—and the lopped-off section would rank seventh overall! Like China, Russia borders 14 different countries. Unlike China, none of Russia is tropical, though humid summers prevail in much of southern Russia. The Taiga, the world’s largest terrestrial biome, extends all the way from Eastern Canada throughout the vast majority of northern Russia. Massive oil reserves exist underneath Russia’s frozen forests and tundra; however, due to the expense and difficulty of extracting it, much of Russia’s oil wealth remains untapped.

LARGEST COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD
edit on 3252019 by seattlerat because: added text formatting

edit on 3252019 by seattlerat because: changed stuff

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Geez, what a terrible tragedy if the next one happens to take out Moscow- and more. The second asteroid deflection technology was conceived of, someone somewhere realized on the spot what a perfect weapon it would be. Undetectable, untraceable, and all of it to be blamed on random chance and nature. Nice. And super powerful, rivaling nuclear weapons. 

That would trigger the doomsday machine, pretty scary. Here's the beast.....

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat

I think the chances of meteor/fireball events over or near Russian land/sea are probably higher than other countries primarily due to it's incredible size:

Yeah which is exactly why the experimental side of this can go so unnoticed. Because the probability factor is in their favor, making it even all the more devilish and inconspicuous.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I do not know of the who or what that could be capable of deflecting an asteroid to a general target but..... I have always figured that if some space fairing race wanted Earth or to destroy most of mankind all they would have to do is stand off at a suitable distance and direct properly sized asteroids to key spots on the earth. Big splash near a coast, there goes all the coastal cities not to mention the climate change that could happen if a few properly spaced were to impact..

No reason to invade just come in and pick up whatever pieces they wanted after a couple of months or years..

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The best chance to deflect a meteorite is to put something as big or bigger in it's path. Like billiards, the resulting paths will depend on the angle these two object hit. Hopefully, we would want to direct it away from the earth rather than point it at a specific location.
It would be much better to deal with the debris from the impact of two objects out in space than have a large bolide hitting the earth. In case the first object doesn't work or is missed, put a few of them in the projected path at different distances from the earth. If the meteorite misses all of the road blocks there is a good chance it will not hit the Earth anyway.
It would be a lot easier to move some space rocks around than try to move or stop a meteorite traveling at around 50,000 miles per hour. The space rocks are closer giving us more time to plan a defense rather than trying to catch a fast moving object.

top topics

join