It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moving on from Mueller and what to do about those sneaky Russians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I have a problem with her opening line...

The Russian disinformation operations that affected the 2016 United States presidential election...

With a whopping 250k spent, I don't think a single vote was changed in either direction. They ran ads on both sides and in the end nothing.. Her statement rings once again like there is an external reason that Trump won, has to be since Hillary was 95% guaranteed to win.

My interpretation is that the Kremlin is more focused on the public divide. They liked the idea of Trump over other candidates because they felt Trump would be more susceptible to reducing or removing sanctions than other candidates. Either way, creating a disruptive wedge in western society is, perhaps, just as powerful as positioning their own candidate in the white house. Either way, they made it a win-win situation.

We could, in theory, take that power away from them ourselves by changing our technological dynamic here in the U.S., demanding action and accountability from our politicians (but do we really want them creating controls and barriers in our internet access), or empowering tech companies who can weed out the Russian trolls and bots.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

My interpretation is that the Kremlin is more focused on the public divide. They liked the idea of Trump over other candidates because they felt Trump would be more susceptible to reducing or removing sanctions than other candidates. Either way, creating a disruptive wedge in western society is, perhaps, just as powerful as positioning their own candidate in the white house. Either way, they made it a win-win situation.

We could, in theory, take that power away from them ourselves by changing our technological dynamic here in the U.S., demanding action and accountability from our politicians (but do we really want them creating controls and barriers in our internet access), or empowering tech companies who can weed out the Russian trolls and bots.

With so little effort on their part all the division was created internally, mainly by the left freaking out.

<< 1   >>

join