It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw Captain Marvel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Greetings from C-53.

Just saw Captain Marvel. I had mixed feelings about going to see this movie, partially because other people were knocking it.

This was a really fun movie. With going back to the 90's, this is a precursor to Guardians of the Galaxy.

Awesome to have Monica Rambeau in the movie, too. Seeing Fury and Coulson was great. Samuel L. Jackson had some of the best lines.

Mother-Flerken.

I saw nothing of the 'feminist agenda' that other people were talking about.

My biggest complaint is that Brie Larson needed a vocal coach. In the first 15 minutes, I had trouble hearing her. And I blame the Editor for that. Through about two thirds of the movie, it sounded like she was either half-asleep or half-stoned, with so much gravel in her voice. When she was in the plane with Annette Bening, she sounded like a little girl.

All-in-all, it was a fun movie.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I heard a lot of negative reviews about this film. And now I don’t know, is it worth going to the cinema or is it better then to watch it on the Internet?

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

A couple of my friends saw it this weekend.
They said it was "meh"
Bad script with a lot of plot holes.

They said there are some girl power moments but nothing excessive.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

A couple of my friends saw it this weekend.
They said it was "meh"
Bad script with a lot of plot holes.

They said there are some girl power moments but nothing excessive.

That's what the most honest reviews I can find on it say too. Meh movie that can't decide what it wants to be. Some of the spoilers I've run across do mention some huge plot craters that make me angry in addition to this idea that we need a Captain Marvel moment to introduce a strong woman because that's like there are no other strong women already existing ... which is wrong. But that last is my personal feelings. I've always tended to have a soft spot for the underdogs.

I've also run across the critique in some of the same reviews I started mentioning that Larson is simply miscast. She might be very good in other things, but wasn't cast well in this. Sort of like George Clooney is a fine actor, but he was horribly miscast when they made him Batman.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

It wasn't the best marvel movie. But it was fun to watch.

Both my wife and my kids loved it.

The people knocking the movie are just being lame.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

That's what I heard about the last jedi.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
It'll be one of those movies that I'll pick up at RedBox, because $1.50 is all I really care to spend for a not main story Avengers movie.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick
You still use RedBox? lol

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
a reply to: Hypntick
You still use RedBox? lol

I do sometimes.
When you dont subscribe to every streaming service it's about the only option for some movies.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I thought it was pretty good, if taken alone from the comics.
Good introduction of all parties involved, could set the stage for characters in future films.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Heard its not great but not bad which means not worth time and $13s.

Ill just watch it when it comes to redbox since it doesn't tie into endgame really.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Absolutely, cheaper than any of the systems that allow you to legally rent that I know of. Unless of course you wait the 6 months to a year for it to show up on a non-rental streaming service. Considering I'll wager this thing shows up at RedBox in about 2-3 months, I don't think the $1.50 is that big of an issue.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
It was a good movie...not great nor bad. I would recommend the movie. I think expectations given that Captain Marvel is supposed to be the savior of MCU is what brings it back down to Earth.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
It was a good movie...not great nor bad. I would recommend the movie. I think expectations given that Captain Marvel is supposed to be the savior of MCU is what brings it back down to Earth.

Any movie that has an actor pushing potical agenda before the release or in the movie its a automatic fade from me. I am not surprised to see such somewhat good positive reviews like this one popping up.

Captain Marvel is supposed to be the savior of MCU is what brings it back down to Earth.

If you actually read the comics its a male version of Captain Marvel is supposed to be the savior of MCU.
This character was brought up for a political agenda.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Both my wife and my kids loved it.

Of course advertising both by Disney/Marvel worked.

The people knocking the movie are just being lame.

No they arent, they have a legit point.

1.Brie Larson is a potical leftist feminist and marvels in a interview even admits it that the movie prompts feminist ideology.

2.Brie Larson hatred of white people, white interviewers "Wants more diversity"

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

Of course advertising both by Disney/Marvel worked.

so his wife and kids watching the movie itself played no part on their liking it?

Its all the Illuminati (Disney) programming?

No they arent, they have a legit point. 1.Brie Larson is a potical leftist feminist and marvels in a interview even admits it that the movie prompts feminist ideology. 2.Brie Larson hatred of white people, white interviewers "Wants more diversity"

Well if you watch movies for whatever reasons other than entertainment then its no wonder.

Its eye candy, like it or hate it.

saying advertising by Disney makes up people minds and not the watching of the film it self shows more programing by the nonsense that goes on like the agendas of who and who and what they say and do.

Its a movie about a comic book character, the political nonsense that needs to pushed onto everything and then debated by internet trolls is laughable.

Great flick in my opinion, I watched it

But who knows maybe its the Disney /Marvel advertising that had me convinced

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

Advertising alone doesn't make someone like a movie. They enjoyed the movie because it was good.

I feel that point isn't legit.

1. yes it does but not overly so. not anymore than wonder woman did.

2. I'm just gonna come out and say it. That's ridiculous and everyone is just blowing her comments way out of proportion.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I saw it and enjoyed it. Good but not great...a basic origin story on par with the first Thor. It's a bit of a Nick Fury origin as well and that's what really makes the film more enjoyable.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Just finished watching this.

At the beginning there was a little SJW snip, but not as much as it was made out to be.

Wasn't entirely bad.

At least we know how Fury lost his eye now, and they did set up up for Captain Marvel to save the day in Endgame.

Endgame is the one I want to see the most because it wraps up the entire MCU universe until next set of hero's.
edit on 13-3-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
My girlfriend and I were dragged to it today after much fussing by my roommate. I went in fully expecting to hate the movie, and gave not a damn about seeing it until possibly it was out on video or something.

I found I ended up enjoying the movie and the nonsense I built up in my head around it was just that, nonsense.

All I really have to say on that matter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join