It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Government Tracking Journalists and Immigration Advocates Through a Secret Database

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I think that was the plan.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

propagandists or political operatives

That is not a crime though and the justice department has to have valid suspicion in order to look into such.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

That is not a crime though and the justice department has to have valid suspicion in order to look into such.

How do you know they don’t?

Don’t get me wrong, i don’t want to be an apologist for gov overreach.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
My fear on all these topics is the same. There’s a bigger agenda going on.
a reply to: wheresthebody

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

They might but signs point to no.

The signs being no specific target but generally everyone involved in helping at the border. Such broad nets are not really born out of a specific complaint or valid suspicion.

Also is the fact that usually the doj is quick to defend when it has a valid defense.

These people are reporting on the situation and helping with legal matters of arrivals.

Coordination of caravan formation would be done at the beginning of the journey not the end.

Looks like they want to pressure the people helping and this admin has a track record of using pressure and attempting to circumventing the law. Example is putting the military on the border and then admitting it is an intimidation tactic. Separating families then admitting it is an intimidation tactic.

Challenging the courts by issuing eo's that contradict written law and attempting to stack judges in order to get a favorable outcome.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: links234

wait, the government is actively trying to find out who is responsible for organizing the caravans that continue to disrupt activity at the border? Those bastards! It's nobody's business who is trying to undermine the sovereign borders of the US! Those migrants have every right to cross illegally if they choose. Amnesty or something.........

That is not the case here. These are journalist and lawyers offering services.

This is outside of what you mention and the gov. had no reason presented yet to think what you just mentioned.

This is harassment of the media.

Papers please.

No, you can try to spin this if it makes you sleep better, but it won't float in my pond. If all they are doing is legal stuff, they have nothing to worry about. If they are trying to help the caravan, providing aid, or worse yet, helping to organize, then they are not doing things correctly. I sure won't fault the government in trying to find who is behind all this. It's a shame you don't seem to care.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

who has been arrested?

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

The signs being no specific target but generally everyone involved in helping at the border. Such broad nets are not really born out of a specific complaint or valid suspicion.

Also is the fact that usually the doj is quick to defend when it has a valid defense.

These people are reporting on the situation and helping with legal matters of arrivals.

Coordination of caravan formation would be done at the beginning of the journey not the end.

Looks like they want to pressure the people helping and this admin has a track record of using pressure and attempting to circumventing the law. Example is putting the military on the border and then admitting it is an intimidation tactic. Separating families then admitting it is an intimidation tactic.

Challenging the courts by issuing eo's that contradict written law and attempting to stack judges in order to get a favorable outcome.

LOL, it's like you don't even understand yourself. Yes! They are intimidating people from breaking into our nation illegally. Is that wrong?

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I agree

I though it was intense after 9/11, but it's no much worse now. We are all being manipulated even more than ever. There are constant attacks on our very sanity from all angles and philosophies, it's almost painful, it feels like having my brain smashed in by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick, but without the fun.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If all they are doing is legal stuff, they have nothing to worry about.

That is what is being said about the potus and family.....

I feel that valid evidence is needed in both matters and maybe they have it.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

LOL, it's like you don't even understand yourself. Yes! They are intimidating people from breaking into our nation illegally. Is that wrong?

IMO yes it is wrong and by all reports it is failing and back firing at every turn. On top of that it is a weak attempt to stir up the base supporters for potus more than intimidating legal asylum seekers.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

who has been arrested?

Many people everyday.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
But one aspect of the the media manipulation is the claim that stemming the tide of illegal immigration is the same as being anti refugee or anti asylum seekers. That’s a false conflation. The majority of these people aren’t legally asylum seekers nor refugees.
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

But one aspect of the the media manipulation is the claim that stemming the tide of illegal immigration is the same as being anti refugee or anti asylum seekers. That’s a false conflation. The majority of these people aren’t legally asylum seekers nor refugees.

I do not know if the majority of their claims are being granted permanent asylum status or not but i do know they are not illegal.

If the ports were open to claimants then they would not cross between ports.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well your first points regarding dragnet targeting of these helpers is fair.

Separating children at the border wasn’t started by trump, and wasn’t focused on intimidation. It ramped up via moving towards a more strict immigration enforcement policy.

It doesn’t matter where caravan formation happens. I have studied and worked in international affairs. International organizations and intelligence agencies operate all over the world.

The cia organized coups in other countries..

The open society foundation, based in NYC right near me, organizes political programs in many countries. Etc etc.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Surprise, surprise, doing the same thing the Obama administration did, and every other administration before it

drain the swamp right?

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
That’s not accurate. First the data shows a minority are actual asylum seekers or refugees in the legal sense. That’s an important point.

Second, it’s stilll illegal to storm a border. That’s true in China, Canada, and countless countries.

The ports are open to claimants; they just aren’t open to giant caravans of economic migrants, which don’t fit the definition legally of refugees or asylum seekers.

These are facts.

I’m a liberal, but I also believe in objectivity, evidence, pragmatism, and sustainable policies. Virtual open borders, with the current varying levels of development of different countries, is not just unsustainable, it’s dangerous and naive.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Separating children at the border wasn’t started by trump, and wasn’t focused on intimidation. It ramped up via moving towards a more strict immigration enforcement policy.

Potus admitted to it being done for intimidation purposes and deterrent.

He most certainly was the first to come out with a policy that separated ALL families at the border. In the past it was policy to only do so in cases of immediate danger to children and was rarely done. Cases like a child reporting being raped or kidnapped and such but now it is policy to separate all of them and that has never been done.

It is really just a word game when fox says potus was not the first and then cnn says yes he was. The truth is that potus created a new policy in that regard and admitted it to be for intimidation at the time.

These tactics back fired and we are going from reduced numbers showing up and heading toward record numbers.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
They didn’t backfire in the sense you mean.

Many of us think those caravans are being organized for political purposes, with immigrants and yes some legit refugees being used as political props.

Politics including international is far dirtier, on all sides, than I think you realize. Much isn’t as it seems or is represented.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

First the data shows a minority are actual asylum seekers or refugees in the legal sense.

In the legal sense....It is a matter of timing. When they show up they are mainly seeking asylum and are legal to do so. Recent numbers are being reported that around 300000 will show up this year and seek asylum. Most will be granted temporary status.

They are not storming the border in an illegal manner. Such would have to be done in a manner of being armed and having bad intentions to do harm.

They are not armed and the ports are slowed to a trickle and the asylum laws say they can cross between ports.

There may be a need for the national guard but not for the active duty to help with the influx.

We need to help their governments and create some us spaces in mexico for them to wait but they have to be givin the opportunity to work while they wait. We need to just lease some land down south.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join