It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Work, Consume, Keep your mouth shut!!" - Protesters in France

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Laws are necessary, the issue is when there are too many laws and they become unjust, it's a fine balance.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Ok....i am in agreement with that. The laws on the books are infinite in number...but you made an overarching statement. Society needs laws to control behavior. NOW the APPLICATION of said laws to everyone in society.....it is not equal. I give you that. Laws favor the wealthy for sure. That is an area that needs vast improvement.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Other countries do not have freedom of Speech and freedom to protest like America has. In this country those freedoms are abused a lot though, if everyone is complaining about everything, nobody really gets necessary stuff accomplished. In France that protest is legit, they have something to bitch about there with this issue.

I would never want to live in France.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I have a house there. The country French peeps are awesome. Stick to what you know man.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: toysforadults

I absolutely agree with you, it's sad really as America was built by immigrants and now the very same ancestors of those immigrants are anti immigration.

Stop being stupid.

Very few people are against immigration.

As you well know, it's ILLEGAL Immigration that people are against.

You are either incredibly stupid or incredibly duplicitous with your post.

I'm going with option 2 as j know for a fact that this has been explained to you at least 50 times on this site.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

a reply to: eletheia

Indeed, however we are all people and no matter where we come from or what we have we are all deserving of at the very least the basic necessities.

No one owes anyone anything The way in life is open to all to work

for attain and achieve, trouble is some want things handed to them

on a plate.

No person is more deserving than another,

You mean someone who works their butt off is as deserving of the same as

one who sits on their butt all day???

that should at the very least be the the basic model to work from.

One only gets out of life what one is prepared to put into it!!

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I don't know much about France or it's politics but this chant particularly resonate with me as it's one of the mainstream positions many take in America when confront with the systemic economic issues we are facing as a nation.

It shows.

France has the shortest work week of any modernized country.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

No, they are for correct immigration.

Not everyone made it through the first time through legal immigration. I think some people forget, or don't know, that just because immigrants made it through Ellis Island, it didn't mean everyone did. There were stipulations and a lot were turned away. So why do you think it's any different now?

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I'm talking from the basic level of Maslows Pyramid, should people want to work hard and make more money for a richer lifestyle that's fine and in that case people aren't equal .

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Americans are some of the most ignorant posters on these boards.

Its proven over and over again.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Laws are necessary, the issue is when there are too many laws and they become unjust, it's a fine balance.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
Tacitus

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: teapot

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
Tacitus

Well it seems we are living in time with much corruption, and judging by that quote this isn't the first time the rule of law has been abused.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Are you American? If so....totally agree with you.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Yes i am

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

American's are way to ignorant and blind, they would rather sit in their ivory towers looking down at the 100 million people around them struggling and blame them for our systemic economic problems rather than recognize the modern system of debt slavery and fiat currency and stand up and fight against it

that's why France is the birthplace liber-ty

I don't believe in liberty, thats what prisoners get when they are permitted to go out into the exercise yard. Its what soldiers get when they are allowed to go home for the weekend, its what a kid get when his old man says he can go out with his mates.

Me?? I believe in freedom, to do what I like when I like and say what I like without fear of arrest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join