It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Foreign Affairs Dem rebukes Ilhan Omar for ‘vile anti-Semitic slur’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Well that didn't take long:

Rep. Ilhan Omar is drawing criticism again for comments about Israel — this time suggesting that pro-Israel activists and lawmakers hold “allegiance to a foreign country.”

In a lengthy and blistering rebuke late Friday, Rep. Eliot Engel, the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, said Omar’s remarks amounted to a “vile anti-Semitic slur” and called on the Minnesota Democrat to apologize.

Link

How long are the Dems going to coddle/ignore the anti-Semites in their Party?

How many times does Rep. Omar have to say such things before you believe her?

But Trump is the Nazi Anti Semite, right?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I don't think we should be giving foreign aid to Israel, does that make me an anti-Semite?

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I don't have a problem with her being critical of Israel.

But she's being dishonest for the reasons why. She will fall back and say it's special interests yet support groups like CAIR.

She's hiding a bias against Jews by pretending to go after PAC's.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

How long are the Dems going to coddle/ignore the anti-Semites in their Party?

Better not ignore for too long,

Majority of jewish people vote D for some asinine reason.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Omar is a bigot.

All the way til the Mahdi comes home.

www.dailywire.com...
edit on 3-3-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I don't think we should be giving foreign aid to Israel, does that make me an anti-Semite?

No it doesnt. But that isn't the reason for her comments

Are we giving aid to Israel because our Senators and Representatives "Owe allegiance to a foreign country.” ? She uses one of the oldest anti-Jewish slams.

She isn't just going the I'm against aid to Israel route, she went way beyond that.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

If anyone thinks that "allegiance to a foreign country." is a anti-Semitic slur, you're a moron. I don't like the chick at all but the blanket defense of Israel is an issuein the US.The guy stated "Omar’s remarks amounted to a “vile anti-Semitic slur” when replying to the first quote. She is definitely an anti-Semite but dude wasn't saying that in conjunction with other past statements... he was saying it about this statement is... so yea... He's a #ing moron who blanketly defends Israel.
edit on 3-3-2019 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2019 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
Are we giving aid to Israel because our Senators and Representatives "Owe allegiance to a foreign country.” ? She uses one of the oldest anti-Jewish slams.

I think she's right, they suck up to Israel so they can score political points. They can stand on their own, we shouldn't be sending them money.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If that's the case, we shouldn't be sending anyone money.

There's a whole list of countries that aren't friendly to the US who gladly take our money.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If that's the case, we shouldn't be sending anyone money.

There's a whole list of countries that aren't friendly to the US who gladly take our money.

I don't particularly care for financial foreign aid for anyone. There are select times it is appropriate, natural disasters and such, but a line item for specific countries in our budget is not where I want my taxes going.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I agree.

I'd stop funding any nation immediately who aren't friendly to the US, have high tariffs on our goods.

I don't give money to people who think I'm a dick, so why should the US?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You loaned me $50 the other day.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I think she's right, they suck up to Israel so they can score political points. They can stand on their own, we shouldn't be sending them money.

So, in your opinion, our Congress owes allegiance to Israel equal to their Allegiance to the United States? She used those words, not simple support of Israel.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

You loaned me $50 the other day.

That's only because I stole your money clip that had 300.00 in it.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Pakistanis hated the US, So, we stopped giving them aid, now..
Well, they still hate us so thats a bad example. NM

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

So, in your opinion, our Congress owes allegiance to Israel equal to their Allegiance to the United States? She used those words, not simple support of Israel.

I think some members of Congress unequivocally offer support to Israel (and other countries) regardless of the situation.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

That's only because I stole your money clip that had 300.00 in it.

It's cool, I lifted it from TAT when it had $500.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

No it doesnt. But that isn't the reason for her comments

She isn't just going the I'm against aid to Israel route, she went way beyond that.

The problem with that "old anti-Jewish slam" is that it's factually true.

I'm not sure of the current count, but last year 89 members of Congress and Senate were dual Israeli citizens. There's no other nation boasting dual citizenship in the U.S. that even comes close to that number.

I'm sure nobody would mind if there were 89 Russian or Chinese dual citizens running our country right?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Pakistanis hated the US, So, we stopped giving them aid, now..
Well, they still hate us so thats a bad example. NM

The bad part is, we probably fund some countries and with those funds, they do crap that causes the US to spend more.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The bad part is, we probably fund some countries and with those funds, they do crap that causes the US to spend more.

Like those slimes the Saudis? Go figure, no one can honestly claim they saw that coming.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join