It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

--Sigh-- Elon Musk is in trouble with the SEC again.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Musk’s tweeting gets him in hot water with SEC — again

Elon, Elon....

It's seems he's hasn't been living up to his agreement with the SEC to get his tweets pre-vetted by Tesla, so he doesn't tweet out overly-optimistic crap that misleads investors. And the SEC is decidedly not pleased.

One of the options available for the SEC is to bar Musk from running any public company for period of time. So, we now find ourselves at a point where we need to consider what will become of Tesla if Musk is no longer in charge of the place.

I personally think the company would be in much better hands without him, but so much of the value of Tesla consists of Elon's adoring fanboys that I suspect demand for the cars would crater without him.
edit on 26-2-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

So you're siding with the stuck-up regulatory body and not the entrepreneurial and technological genius?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV

So you're siding with the stuck-up regulatory body and not the entrepreneurial and technological genius?

He's merely pointing out reality.

To be honest, if Musk was actually a genius then he should understand that him tweeting will eventually put him out of business.

I mean, that's not rocket science...

edit on 26-2-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

originally posted by: Lumenari

He's merely pointing out reality....

...tweeting will eventually put him out of business.

The REALITY is that sales and production have done nothing but grow since the companies inception. A few stock dips here and there due to some knee jerk investors is just drama and doesn't really affect the overall momentum of Tesla, Inc. Its growing.

His tweets are publicity. Brings the company back into the light... "oooh look at what Elon said" ... then they slap his hand with a ruler and keep cashing the checks. All for show... all press is good press.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Elon Musk is a FRAUD. It's funny to me how every time I say something like this, members on ATS say I'm "jealous" or that Elon Musk is saving the planet. Nope! I simply understand how the CEO of a company is responsible to their shareholders and GENERALLY should toe the line when the SEC asks. He has been completely irresponsible and pompous time and time again, at the expense of the company and his own public image. His ego is his Achilles heal and his fraudulent ways are being exposed more as time goes on

The constant pipeline of executives abandoning ship should be a major red flag (as well as Elon's outlandish behavior). Their general counsel, Butswinkas left after less than 2 months... HA!

Elon Musk didn't even start Tesla. Elon has done a lot of shady things, including buying his counsin's failing "SolarCity" company (now a subsidiary of Tesla), which has been nothing but trouble for the company. Not good for investors, not good for the company (but hey, he's "saving the world", so nepotism doesn't matter, right?)

Tesla has $920 million of convertible debt that matures March 1. www.sec.gov...
The company will have to pay bondholders in cash unless the stock exceeds $359.87 (tick tock - PS, it ain't gonna get anywhere near that price).

So many folks who love Elon so much seem to want to justify his choices as CEO, claiming "he's not in it to make money,", "he wants to change the world", but he has been stuffing his pockets with investors and taxpayers money and not making choices that are beneficial for a publicly-traded company. Defaming others, claiming he had funding secured to take a publicly-traded company private (which was an outright lie), making poor business choices to support his cousin's company, and personally profiting while hurting his investors all seem to point to the fact that Elon is, in fact, a fraud.
edit on 26-2-2019 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

The REALITY is that sales and production have done nothing but grow since the companies inception. A few stock dips here and there due to some knee jerk investors is just drama and doesn't really affect the overall momentum of Tesla, Inc. Its growing.

His tweets are publicity. Brings the company back into the light... "oooh look at what Elon said" ... then they slap his hand with a ruler and keep cashing the checks. All for show... all press is good press.

"Genius"

"Publicity"

Like that debacle with him randomly defaming some guy as a pedo?

Sharp cookie there.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Elon Musk is a FRAUD. It's funny to me how every time I say something like this, members on ATS say I'm "jealous" or that Elon Musk is saving the planet. Nope! I simply understand how the CEO of a company is responsible to their shareholders and GENERALLY should toe the line when the SEC asks. He has been completely irresponsible and pompous time and time again, at the expense of the company and his own public image. His ego is his Achilles heal and his fraudulent ways are being exposed more as time goes on

I will not claim jealousy
Musk's Tweets are overinflated garbage to bring the stock price up
Which the SEC , rightfully so , has deemed to be against trading regulations.
One cannot post anything that can be considered to be overinflated .
Period.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore
a reply to: MisterSpock

A lot of the tone people take when bashing him reminds me of my time as an Elon hater.

Ya'll just jelly and butt-hurt.

Highly intelligent people are often quite eccentric. He's gonna do some stuff and say some things are odd. F@#$ing pull your panties up and deal with it. It's the price of admission.

Where would we be without his influence?

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Musk is a snake oil salesman

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Ah.

So breaking the law is now... genius.

/facepalm

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Bbbbb-but what about pay-not-your-pal, big golf carts, sticking batteries together like an RC car, stolen flamethrowers?

Guys a regular Tesla

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Sounds like you have a (con)man-crush.

Nice

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

It's specifically against the law to tweet oddities about a company he is part of?

That's what we're talking about here right? Or aM i Los?T

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I don't get it either. No 1st ammendment protection from sec?

I can understand the board taking action.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

It's specifically against the law to tweet oddities about a company he is part of?

That's what we're talking about here right? Or aM i Los?T

Yes, you are indeed lost.

It's specifically against SEC regulations to attempt to influence your own stock's prices.

If he wasn't publicly trading his company then nobody would care.

But of course he wouldn't be worth anything if he didn't trade publicly, because nobody privately would finance him.

He is a genius at fleecing the public, if that makes you happier.

Just not so good at laws... which will eventually make his company worth poop but he'll still have a lot of money after.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

It's specifically against the law to tweet oddities about a company he is part of? That's what we're talking about here right? Or aM i Los?T

Are you that clueless? Tesla blatantly committed securities fraud way back in November or whenever he sent out that "Funding Secured" tweet. He has now violated an agreement made with the SEC about not disclosing materially-relevant (or misleading) information about Tesla on any social media. Illegal on all fronts.

Remember when Tesla Inc. Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk committed securities fraud by falsely claiming on Twitter that he had secured financing to take Tesla private? Remember how Musk and Tesla settled with the Securities and Exchange Commission by agreeing to pay fines and have Tesla lawyers review Musk’s tweets before he sent them out? Remember how Tesla hired a high-powered Washington litigator as its general counsel and Musk’s Twitter babysitter? Remember how Musk then said in a 60 Minutes interview that he and Tesla were absolutely not ever going to comply with the terms of the settlement that they had signed, that he does not respect the SEC, and that no lawyer would ever pre-clear his tweets? How’s that working out?

Elon Musk Can’t Help Himself

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Entrepreneurial and technological geniuses don't need to mislead investors.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
Elon Musk is a FRAUD. It's funny to me how every time I say something like this, members on ATS say I'm "jealous" or that Elon Musk is saving the planet.

The irony is you get lambasted for saying anything about the actual Tesla too, they are both a cult of personality that far exceeded their actual achievements.

edit on 26-2-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

It's specifically against SEC regulations to attempt to influence your own stock's prices.

Isn't what would constitute a legitimate attempt kind of subject to interpretation?

That's my whole point, you are FOR red tape and regulatory BS.

Nobody is forced into investing with Tesla, Inc. It's an unstable stock. It's tech. With an eccentric dude at the helm. Regulatory bodies can' go F#$% themselves.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Never really was an Elon fan, but my respect for Elon has grown since he hit that joint a while back and more recently helped PewDiePie by doing meme review. Those may sound like entirely dumb reasons to respect a person but I don't think so, it shows he's a real person with some humility and not a stuck up suit. He likes to live on the edge and doesn't like rules... again I respect that attitude over someone who always follows the rules and worships the status quo. And the fact that his own kind is now starting to turn on him because of it also increases my respect for him.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join