It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investing: Avoiding Working Until You Die

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ADUB77

mining stocks are looking good

www.bloomberg.com...

The data show not all Americans are benefiting from the strong labor market, New York Fed economists say. Consumers with the weakest credit have driven deteriorating performance of auto debt: The share of subprime borrowers who fell well behind on car payments the last three months of the year was the highest since the second quarter of 2010.

Look at the article lol... market is great, wages are up! oh except the 7 million loan delinquencies

The number of loans at least 90 days late exceeded 7 million at the end of last year, the highest total in the two decades the Federal Reserve Bank of New York has kept track. Expressed as a percentage of total debt, the delinquency rate is the highest since 2012, as overall borrowing has also increased.

I want to short this market

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I would say put options on none of those companies as you said previously you plan to buy low

As you know a put is an agreement to sell an asset

So, what strike price do you plan to sell GM at?

Maybe you’ve confused call options or shorting with puts

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ADUB77

you don't have to own the stock to purchase options and if you are smart you sell options based on %'s not trying to get rich, small increments

if there's someone to buy

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

If I'm gonna start investing it would be in one share at 78p, in all seriousness anything more than £10 is too much for me to spend. Could I make my millions staying this way?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

I recommend you use the informational tools availabke in the OP or do your own research.

As far as millions are concerned I prefer to stick to realistic goals.
edit on 14 2 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Ford.

Ford put 90% of their capital into trucks and SUVs. They havent done anything innovative in 25 years or more. They're taking a big gamble and I dont believe it's going to work out for them.
edit on 14 2 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

Amazon on Thursday canceled its plans to build an expansive corporate campus in New York City after facing an unexpectedly fierce backlash from some lawmakers and union leaders, who contended that a tech giant did not deserve nearly $3 billion in government incentives.

long term puts on Amazon are cheap right now, $38

that's in my budget

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   
dropping some cash into 3 junior gold mining stocks monday and I have a lead on a nice grab on a gaming stock

buying puts on Amazon

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Hey. thank you so much for this thread!

I am older and have never thought I would have anything to do with stocks or that world, but you have made me realize that I could actually learn about the market and maybe make some money for my 'end days'. There is so much information here and much to learn, but for the first time in my life, I am excited about learning about the stock market. I never thought this might be possible for me. I would love to own my own modest home, maybe this will help me earn enough to have a decent down payment, or possibly even more. I don't even understand the basic jargon so I gotta get busy. Time to hit the books and start studying

Thanks again!

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

Glad you found this thread useful.

Learn all you can before you make any deposits.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   
dropping more cash into mining stocks, the more I look at the market the more volatile it looks like it's going to get

the current bull market is a response to the Fed not rising rates it's days are limited. I plan on positioning myself to take advantage of the inflation we are about to experience and the major volatility I think is coming in 2019 maybe even the second half of 2019

just going to save all my puts and dump everything into mining stocks and commodities at specific price points

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
I have never really understood how technical analysis of stock prices can be profitable. No-one can manually out trade an algorithm that makes trades in milliseconds of millions of shares for just pennies in profit per share. From a statistical standpoint a stock or option price has a 50 percent chance of being either up or down in any millisecond, second, minute, hour, day, month or year and on and on.

Insider information can be definitely profitable, which I think is occurring with people that have become very wealthy from trading.

It doesn't always have to be insider information. My younger brother once made out pretty well by betting on a video game company on the basis he knew they were about to publish a certain game which, based on his experience with games, he was pretty sure would boost its stock.

All public information, but no algorithm is going to be able to account for something as subjective as the particular quality of a specific video game release.

He had the same information as the analysts, but his is particular "expertise" (That of playing mindless video games a lot), made him able to make more use out of it than they could.

If you really want to bank on your own trades, just learn as much as you can about a particular industry. Then look and see what the algorithms are accounting for.

If you're pretty sure the algorithm is going to bet against you, and wrongly, then you can make money off a losing stock just as well as a winner.

It's all about being ahead of the curve. If you bet with the mainstream, then you need to be pretty much perfect at following trends to get anywhere (like those computers), but if your quality of research exceeds their quality of research for a specific stock, it's almost a virtue to be bad at following trends.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

thats actually about to happen with another stock this year

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
It took a few months after reading the OP to finally give it a go but I`m in the game now. After a $150 deposit on RobinHood and a few days its started to grow. I`d love to have the real $$$ to drop into the aviation industries but I`m seeing tons of growth in the "hemp" companies. As a joke I threw a few bucks into a crypto and low and behold its started to go up as well.

I`m really liking IGC right now...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join