It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just how "private" is Beresheet..? Israel's first moon landing hoax?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

To me it looks like you are obsessed

Wow. Ad hom much?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Here's the SpaceX lift off through the lens of the main stream media of Fox 10 Phoenix...

...this video ends at 59.2km (36.8 miles) altitude.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

That is the only answer you have to what I have said?

I see it's useless to try to have a discussion on this topic, so I'm out of here.
edit on 22/2/2019 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
They say the SpaceX video on the SpaceX channel was "streamed live" -- which includes 15 minutes of CGI orbital graphics @ 21:30-37:00 in the video.

They say the Beresheet deployed at (approximately) T +34 minutes/775km. The mulit-national team of engineers, space physics and rocket experts, government and commercial, oversaw the deployment of Beresheet with the camera pointed directly into the sun.... so we have to accept that the deployment was intended this way and conclude that people on the ground were not meant to see it.

Beresheet separated from its Falcon 9 launch vehicle and the Nusantara Satu/S5 satellite stack 34 minutes after launch on 22 February 2018. Unfortunately, separation wasn't visible because the Sun was directly in the Falcon 9 payload camera's line of sight. Source: www.planetary.org...

They say it like this was un-expected. "Unfortunately, separation wasn't visible because the Sun was directly in the Falcon 9 payload camera's line of sight."

Here is the NASA laser reflector riding Beresheet:

www.planetary.org...

Source: NASA-PROVIDED LASER RETRO-REFLECTOR ON BERESHEET
SpaceIL's Beresheet lander contains a Laser Retro-reflector Array (LRA) provided by NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center and MIT.

But if you click on the image to download it the filename says this is a magnetometer.
planetary.s3.amazonaws.com...

------

TL;DR. I made observations about the mission and criticized the poor "space journalism". I pointed out the Israeli Beresheet was mixed private/public funded. I pointed out the USAF military-industrial payload ride-share with the Indonesian Nusantara Satu com sat. I noted that the USAF/S5 payload was confirmed *only after* I posted this thread. I looked at the claim that Beresheet would make a "hop" on the moon -- and then I showed where the spokesman backs off the claim. I noted that SpaceX claimed the Beresheet was deployed but actual deployment was not visible due to the sun shining directly into the payload camera. Finally, I indicated that Beresheet will not go to the moon alone -- there is a NASA laser reflector on Beresheet -- it was not added to the mission until October 2018.

edit on 2/22/2019 by SayonaraJupiter because: edit to add link

edit on 2/22/2019 by SayonaraJupiter because: edit to add pic

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The S5 sat is designed to detect and track satellites and other objects in or near the geostationary band. It's rather small, and has nothing to do with the moon.... The "situational awareness" is to catalog all those objects and map their orbits to avoid collisions between geostationary sats with debris, etc

It is one of three satellites that piggybacked on the same launch to spread the costs.

IAI is a defense contractor like LockMart or NG. It is not a government agency. IAI spending money or being hired to supply systems is not the same as government funding. NASA provides support to many missions. Sometimes for free, and other times for a fee (I have no idea which applies here).

The plan was to claim the Lunar X-prize. The hops were planned for locomotion. Not the same thing done earlier for other reasons.

You seem to have a paper-thin understanding of everything surrounding this, and are hellbent on reading things you already believe into it with zero context. Good luck with all that.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
A retroreflector sends the signal, wave, light, whatever directly back to it's source. It amplifies a return signal by reducing scatter and sending it directly back to the source. It would be useless as a reflector for your implied space laser weapon.

The LRO laser altimeter works by shining the laser at the lunar surface and getting a small reflection back. It needs to be very sensitive. If they shine it at a retroreflector, it gets a very strong signal back instead of the very weak signal it is designed to receive. The retroreflector would blind the sensor.

It's the same reason you don't point your digital camera at the sun. It doesn't make it a laser weapon.
edit on 22-2-2019 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

You seem to have a paper-thin understanding of everything

Thanks for the ad hom, pal. I love it every time. I collect them.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

A retroreflector sends the signal, wave, light, whatever directly back to it's source. It amplifies a return signal by reducing scatter and sending it directly back to the source. It would be useless as a reflector for your implied space laser weapon.

NASA put a device on Beresheet. I'm sure you noticed the reporting which said that there were no immediate plans for the laser reflector/deflector?

Rhetorical: Why would NASA put laser deflector on Beresheet, announced at the last minute (October 2018)? Cover for a hoax.
edit on 2/22/2019 by SayonaraJupiter because: add quote tags

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Wasn't an ad hom. It was a statement of fact. Tough love.

Your continuing use of "deflector/reflector" in reference to the retroreflector isn't helping convince me you know what it is, for example.

I'll bow out of your thread now, though , because you obviously don't want a dialogue or you'd address any of the multiple points people have brought to the table.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   

This is not a weapon. You keep falsely calling it a "laser deflector". You are flogging a dead horse.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join