It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump's ObamaCare Alternatives Are Saving Consumers Billions of Dollars.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   
February 10, 2019

Trump Administration efforts to enable alternatives to ObamaCare are starting to catch-on, and help people, where those alternatives are not impeded by State Governments. (More on that below...)

Huge savings are being realized!

A White House Council of Economic Advisers (CEA) study released on Friday found that Americans will save $450 billion through Trump’s Obamacare reforms.

The CEA suggested that Trump’s repeal of the Obamacare individual mandate, and the expansion of short-term insurance plans and Association Health Plans (AHPs), will save Americans BILLIONS of dollars over the next ten years.

President Trump signed an executive order in October 2017 which expanded short-term limited-duration health insurance plans.

Short-term plans allow for Americans to keep their plans for up to 364 days and to renew their plans for up to three years. Because short-term plans do not have to comply with many Obamacare insurance regulations, insurance companies can offer more customized and cheaper plans compared to the individual market.

Trump also expanded Association Health Plans, which offer businesses and workers more affordable health insurance options. AHPs are health insurance pools sponsored by an industry, trade, or professional association that provides health coverage to their members.

Land O’ Lakes, which created the nation’s first AHP, said that their plans were roughly 50% percent less expensive compared to Obamacare plans.
More at: www.breitbart.com...

CAVEAT: The $450 Billion in savings will probably not be realized because, as we've seen with "Sanctuary cities/states", Federal Rules and Laws are often overridden at the local level.

In LIBERAL states, these alternative health insurance plans have been, or are being, made illegal, or severely crippled. The goal is to FORCE people to buy ObamaCare, or go without any health insurance.

Example: Here in Illinois, our liberal legislature limited the duration of these alternative health insurance options to just 6 months. So, if you buy one on March 1st, it ends on August 31st. You cannot, by Illinois law, extend it, or purchase a new plan.

If you develop cancer in July and need ongoing chemo-therapy, the medical bills will only be paid up to August 31st, because that is the day your health insurance automatically terminates. And you will not be able to obtain ObamaCare medical coverage until January 1st. So you're left paying all chemotherapy (and other) medical bills incurred from September 1st thru December 31st that year!

Check out this document: www.stephens-matthews.com... . It shows which states allow the ObamaCare Alternative plans, and which states have curtailed them to be less than the 12 months allowed by the Federal Government. Those states with a red "X" do not allow the new ObamaCare alternatives at all.

But in states allowing a full 12 months of ObamaCare alternatives, with continued plan renewals available at the end of the 12 months, those lucky citizen consumers will save a ton of money every year!

-CareWeMust

edit on 2/10/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Obamacare turned out to be a curse on the American people.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Cool, I want ...I want

I need I need

Bout time something happened about why Trump didn't or couldn't end bamacare

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

ObamaCare is hugely expensive to the nation per enrollee. But you'd be surprised at the number of people who need it and/or love it.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY
Ending ObamaCare, without a replacement for those with chronic illness(es), wouldn't be humane.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 03:04 AM
link   
PelosiCare tried to kill me once upon a time
A story for another day...

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Ending ObamaCare, without a replacement for those with chronic illness(es), wouldn't be humane.

But it would be humane to give those people the option to do the Kevorkian maneuver.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

And putting a hidden tax on everyone else who has a real insurance policy!

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   

The insurance companies are still large and in charge over our health issues no matter what. I know 2 people who are dying of stage 4 cancer. Kicker is the cancer should have been detected earlier, but wasn't due to insurance companies dictating what tests may or may not be conducted during their earlier doctor visits. The one person is straight up going to die soon, because they are too weak and too far along to be treated. The other is young enough to go thru the therapy and fight back.

You can no longer trust your doctor to do what's right for you. You have to fight and insist they do the tests. It's almost like WE have to be able to diagnose our own illnesses before even seeing a doctor.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   
America should be very careful about handing healthcare over to the Democrats. They are pushing further and further into killing human beings because they are incovenient or not wanted. Only a matter of time before they start culling the human race from the other end of the spectrum - old and those not able to contribute to their state run means of production.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Something happened with the aca this year.

Last year The aca paid 260$ of my 450$ monthly health insurance cost.

This year it is paying $430 of it. Nothing about my job or income has changed at all.

Did trump do something? Did the congress change the aca in some way??

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Except for me and my mom.

It saved our lives.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

My mom is one of those.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Except when the dems save lives like mine.

Literally saved me.

I couldn't afford health insurance even though I work. I also take care of my mother who has dwarfism.

With the aca I was able to get insurance for the first time. Had some tests done that found cancerous polyps in my colon. Had them removed.
Doctor said in five more years I would have been dying of colon cancer but lucky for me they caught this early. (thanks obama)

In fact I just made an appointment for my check up on it. And in six months I will have to have a colonoscopy and hopefully they wont find more polyps.

They want me to have one done very two years after that for the rest of my life. I can't do that with out cheap insurance.

How much more money would I cost tax payers if I end up in the hospital with no insurance dying of cancer?

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

For the states that let this happen. I don't know if my state of forida does.

I hope this works for them. I hope that this is a start to trumps promise of better health insurance.

A healthy country is a great country.
edit on 10-2-2019 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Dont thank Obama. Thank the people around you he stole the money from. When is he going to jail for the fraud committed, stealing money under false pretense for no services rendered is fraud, and using the force of the government to do it. Maybe if I had the roughly $3000 back thats been stolen from me I could have went and had my broken nose checked out last week. I do have insurance now, hopefully I get cancer cause with a $6000 deductible it will be the only way its worth it.
edit on 2/10/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

If you mean by not going to the doctor because it isn't affordable. Then yes, maybe. Trump should be hung for distorting reality and flat out lying like this.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

What if you're not a Consumer?

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
450 billions huh...I wonder where the trump admin gets these accountants from.

450 billion dollars can provide healthcare for every single American citizen and fund a wall, fund nasa for 5 fiscal years, fund the military for 2 fiscal years, fund the United nations forever, and still have left to match the GDP of all of south america and Africa combined.

Sure... trump saves us '450 billions' in magic currency.... no questions asked from trumpians...none at all.

And that 450 billion, as realistic as it sounds, wont be realized because of 3 or sanctuary cities and the 'dems'...

It's like we've reverted to the middle ages common sense for some reason..

I have never read an official government analysis written like a high school essay.... "we estimate that trump save billions in savings " lmao 🤣

If Obama care was a travesty, this mysterious savings, from an eo passed less than a 2 years ago, and not really enforced , can somehow predict the largest medical savings in the history of currency, this eo with no real plan to 'how' is beyond a travesty!

"Free healthcare for every American citizen " -trump 2016 (promise kept...in mysterious savings ) 🤣
edit on 10-2-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Wow - genuinely glad they caught it early for you. Good luck with every future check-up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join