It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would the Superpowers react to a Carrington-event disabling only one side?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

My understanding of the Quebec 1989 x flare event though was that it was fairly minor vs the strength of what the Carrington Event flare is believed to be. It can't really be used as a basis for comparison, anymore than a pellet gun can be used to approximate a naval rail gun.

The closest thing to a Carrington scale flare we've seen recently is the 2012 ejection that missed the planet completely.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
We would have a couple of days warning before it got here. Shut off all your breakers and unhook your batteries. Another site says to leave everything hooked up and ride it out. you decide for yourself..

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

The last time it happened the Platinum on the Morse tappers welded together, so it is certainly something to watch for.I don't think a chip could take it.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Lumenari

The last time it happened the Platinum on the Morse tappers welded together, so it is certainly something to watch for.I don't think a chip could take it.

No that big a deal they stretched cables thousands of miles That was the perfect thing for Geomagnetically induced current. Low voltage with loops stretching hundreds of miles. Modern electronics in most cases will not be effected.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Since we are speculating here...I wonder if super powers already have planed scientific explanations that show how a directed and coordinated emp event could be explained and accepted as being natural in order to shut down a super power without causing a war.

Am i too maniacal for this site?

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: joeraynor

What does ATS think?

I think in terms of vibrations-frequencies-energy & consciousness...

Following this type of thinking I feel that matter carries frequency in forms of positive/negative/neutral charges. So SOL the Sun is carrying a charge as are Moons and Planets such as EA*RTH in the SOL system.
As well are the inhabitants. Of EA*RTH

Going further into this theory then all the animals and plants or fauna/flora are carrying a charge or frequency too.
Attaching consciousness...
Now animals and humans & plant life (ecosystems) are carrying positive, negative or neutral charges.

Attach behavior coordinating with output of energy from a specific species and SOL detecting the flora/fauna energy output and consider SOL responding to charge a dying Ecosystem w/ discharge...
edit on 2/9/19 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
In other words if SOL responds it will be to the planet.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Has anyone heard the audible click when an electro magnet is switched on? it happens when all the atoms line up in the iron mass, to the lines of force. If the poles switched since the earth is an electromagnet the same thing should happen. Which might account for the booms that have been happening. Since the poles are moving faster.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Interesting analysis
I do remember a few years ago there were noises being reported in various places around the world that had no reasonable explanation.
1 would think if such a discharge did occur from SOL that caused a charging of the poles of EA*RTH and a event as you described occurred it would resonate out as a vibration like response as a quake or tectonic interruption small or large of some type.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
The United States would send aid and help a disabled Russia and China and I believe they would help us as well. I don’t think either side is as eager for a nuclear exchange as you think. I also see us as economic rivals and not military.

I do not see that unfortunately.
If it only effected a small part of the country, sure.
If it effected the whole country, I think the elite would hide in their bunkers and let the die off happen.
Pull up your bootstraps, you are on your own kind of mentality.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: joeraynor

Nice thoughts to everyone but I think in reality we would be left to kill each other for food for months until the foreign powers start setting up "safe zones" for the population under their control (with propped up US puppet leaders they appoint of course).

During the frontier days, there were several occasions where the sole survivor in a winter storm, unable to get supplies would resort to cannibalism and eat the dead family members. Survival tends to override many built in norms and morals.

I am not just speaking of the well known Donner Party either.
There have been many cases of families in log cabins, far away from supplies resorting to such measures.

Us that are well off, would find it hard to fathom how fellow Americans could resort to such measures, but history and human nature says otherwise.
edit on 9-2-2019 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

originally posted by: Metallicus
The United States would send aid and help a disabled Russia and China and I believe they would help us as well. I don’t think either side is as eager for a nuclear exchange as you think. I also see us as economic rivals and not military.

US will not get any aid from any country. They still think they are the leaders of UN aid. Not even Canada will give aid to US because we still have Americans brainwash stuck in 1800's still thinking the world after her. Canadians soldiers will also be shot. That is how dangerous and crazy US is right now. US could've done things more peacefully if it actually ended its own war first.

Too bad they kept their own enemies alive within.

What the hell are you talking about Canada would immediately help the USA. Canada and the US are basically like brothers from the same family. Canada and the US are the 2 countries that could easily become 1 country with little to no problems.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I would like to think that humanity would come together in a realisation that we are better off together.

However, in reality, it would be "fill yer boots" time for the other Superpowers.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
a reply to: infolurker

If it comes to that, we should kill the lawyers first.

Thanks for that. It's the 99% of lawyers that give the rest of us a bad name, you know.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Nice thoughts to everyone but I think in reality we would be left to kill each other for food for months until the foreign powers start setting up "safe zones" for the population under their control (with propped up US puppet leaders they appoint of course).

Yes, again too many gangs and brainwashed cults will shot and target any people that aren't in American uniform causing chaos in cities and towns.
edit on 19-2-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOnlyBilko

If you think every cults uses the internet then your dumb. Some don't even have access and too busy doing other stuff in stone age.

en.wikipedia.org...

No, Canada will not be able to help. First they have to deal with their own. Second Canadians are actually afraid of Americans going gun running on them and won't even want those crazies in.

If Canada doesn't want to do it. Obviously Russia, China and rest of the world won't want to help.

US military aggression has ruined an chance of proper relationships. First the rest of the world have to get through US military to help. That is if the US military allows and have proper protection in place first place.
edit on 19-2-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join