It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My chances of developing prostate cancer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
What are my chances of developing prostate cancer later in life because it can be hereditary? Because both my father(got it removed at an early stage so he survived) and his father had it but died from it.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Conspiracyskeptic
What are my chances of developing prostate cancer later in life because it can be hereditary? Because both my father(got it removed at an early stage so he survived) and his father had it but died from it.

There are no "chances" of developing cancer.
Go to the doctor for regular check-ups
Period .
Especially if older than 30 or notice any changes.
Why do I say that ?
I am one that knows. Now.

edit on 2/5/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Unfortunately, 100%. If we live long enough.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Catch it early and it is 100% treatable.

Don't see the doc and ignore the risk, and it can kill you.

Same for colorectal cancer. Get regularly checked for it after 50. Ask me how I know.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Your risk is higher because of family history. There are some dietary things a person can do to help lower risks of some types of prostate cancer though. Eating foods containing apigenen and loutanen can help. Those chemicals are more concentrated in the parsley family, including parsley, celery, oregano, and even cilantro. Apigenin is related to narageenan, but I have not heard if that will work for prostate cancer.

Of course, sometimes these chemicals can actually increase cancer growth because cancer can mutate the P53 protein system gene in some kinds of cancer. That is mostly in liver cancers though, and boosting p53will not cause cancer mutations to form, only feed a mutated gene. www.sciencedaily.com... Celery has more anti-cancer chemicals than just the P53 promoter though, the article is about meds that stimulate this system and does not account for natural products like the parsley family. It may be relevant sometimes, but I am talking about boosting prevention, not actually treating cancer...that you would have to see a doctor about.

You do not need to eat excessive amounts of these things, and sometimes people have an allergy to celery and other ones in this list. But in celery, the latex in the root bulb and lower stem are the ones that stimulate the balsam of peru allergy. That chemical is higher in the celarian root but less of it is in the leaves and green stem of the celery. It is also not very heat stable so adding it to soups helps.

Here is a link. www.sciencedaily.com... These compounds in the parsley family are not the only source, some similar chemicals are in onions and grapefruit. Just use some parsley flakes on food you make occasionally and use some poultry seasoning on your baked chicken, sage also contains some of these anti-cancer chemistries. Actually there are quite a few fruits and veggies that contain smaller amounts of these chemicals, just beware, if changing your diet, watch for negative reactions from the foods you introduce, sometimes we avoid foods because we sensed problems with them long ago when we were young. Subconsciously doing things means we do not consciously know why we do these things sometimes.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Some of the foods that are known to have an impact on prostate health include: Brazil nuts, pistachios, pumpkin seeds and in particular walnuts. According to several studies, walnuts may be helpful in fighting prostate cancer. However, one of the problems with nuts is that lots of them raises the risk for developing kidney stones. So, how do you keep the balance when taking the recommended foods? No one will tell you this.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Good food choices, balance and moderation are the keys to healthy eating. Healthy eating leads to better health.

top topics

join