It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd views in a you tube video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hello ATS,
While watching "Jordan Maxwell 2019: EBEs, Other Dimensions, Our Reality is a Computer Program", I noticed something I just don't understand.

At the beginning, Maxwell is sitting in his chair and the window behind him is to his left and the bookshelf to his right then later @ 5:20 it's the opposite, again, later it switches back again. Am I missing something here or is someone tricking this video and if so what would be the purpose?

I was just about to view something different as I don't believe a word he says but I figured I would ask anyway.

Here is the video in question and I don't expect someone to watch the 1 hour and 35 min video. lol

youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I've noticed this on some videos too.

My theory is that when folk download YouTube videos that they don't own and then re-upload them to their own channels, they horizontally flip either the whole video, or portions of them, in order to try and skirt the /algorithms/code/I have no idea/ that searches for duplicate uploads and potential copy right infringements.

Like I say though, this is just a theory,

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: openedeyesandears

blistering;y obvious that the vid has been edited - and section " flipped "

look at his gesticulations , the writing on objects , the position of his microphone [ headset ]

why ? - CBA wondering

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Probably simply to add interest--in absence of a multi-camera production.

Many talking heads will use two cameras for differing POVs and then sync the video from both in post to create interest. It adds interest by changing the view and creating a more dynamic presentation.

In single-camera setup, you can flip the imagery in post to do the same. It's a really low-budget production trick.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Occam's Razor: Poor editing skills.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
What ignorant_ape and schuyler said ...

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
There are plenty of pretty good editors on youtube that do mirror the video as well (including the largest youtube channel that also has a professional editor). Much of it has to do with maintaining the attention of viewers. If you are constantly watching the same background your brain shuts off the external stimuli that is not the center of attention. If you mirror the video in editing it creates the illusion of subconscious setting change, and helps to keep your attention longer. Another reason for doing this is less "mind control" esque. It has to do with having a better flow between videos done with multiple takes, as the change of perspective subconsciously hides the difference in posture and position of the person talking.

I have helped with actual TV productions, and to get the continuity correct with objects it can take stops of 10-15 minutes to allow the editing floor/control room to get the continuity right so they can stitch two shots together and make it look seamless. If you don't have a full on production team and someone that is incredibly ... peculiar... about this stuff the breaks in continuity can completely ruin the focus of the viewers. The method used as mentioned in the OP is a far lower budget way of doing this without the need for immaculate frame keeping.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

Obviously the subject of the interview can't be that interesting if that's what they have to do to keep your attention. lol

Not worth my time,,,
Thank you

top topics

join