It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL Penalty Fix

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: neversleep
Should be a shootout.

Just another gimmick. It should be overtime, 15 minutes of it.

I agree, but what if after 15 min OT, it is still tied? Then sudden death?

P.S. Screw the Saints, best non call in NFL history.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Tipped ball even if it happened would not negate the no call. Helmet to helmet hits are also a foul and just for the record no picture exist that show the ball being tipped. One angle shows the possibility but it did not happen.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
How about the bears last game where the ref recovered a fumble. Later on the field goal the ball rolls back out onto the field still a live ball when everyone rushes the field. It would be interesting to see where that ball ended up.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The way you make more money in sudden death rather than full 15 minute quarter was said to highlight that not the players make more or the team but the nfl in general and the sponsors and especially the networks.

The reason i see is because they have a schedule to keep and is planned very detailed to certain markets and they lose much sponsor money when they deviate from the plan. However in playoffs it is a different story cause limited amount of games.

To restate i think ability of the refs being allowed to call penalties during challenges and reviews if the penalty effected the game in a meaningful way and can be seen at normal speed should be a new rule. (this could likely cause coaches to hold onto their challenges and thereby speed up the game)

Also full 10-15 minute quarters should be added in place of sudden death during playoffs.

Anyone hear goodells comments yesterday..."our refs are human"

He forgot the second part of the sentence...

Our refs are human and subject to bribery.........

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
I agree, but what if after 15 min OT, it is still tied? Then sudden death?

P.S. Screw the Saints, best non call in NFL history.

No, stop being fairies, play more football. Ties are for losers.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
What the heck made adam livine think football fans wanted to see him do a strip dance?

Whatever happened to cheerleaders?

<< 1   >>

join