It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student cracks theologian's baffling religious code

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

It was shorthand, did you miss the simplest of details or were you looking for some esoteric gnostic psychobabble
Do you know what shorthand is?
Are the Baptists ministers sermon notes any good, we may find out
There are no false biblical narratives just false teachers

I wouldnt describe Gnositic Psychobabble as at all comparable to a similarly ancient form of 'taking dictation'. One is an elevated or 'fanciful' study; the other is obsolete.

edit on 29-1-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Wow...kinda hoped the thread wouldn't turn into an argument about religion...really wasn't expecting an argument over the semantics of the headline.

It says straight up exactly whatt it was. John the Baptist's shorthand notes on his sermons. That's it.

I just honestly thought it was kind of cool that despite.years of trying to figure them out some student did it in three weeks. I'm sure there's no amazing revelations or secrets....they're just some priest's notes. I'll admit...the headline is pretty clickbaity but it's the BBC..what do you expect.
edit on 30/1/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
It says straight up exactly whatt it was. John the Baptist's shorthand notes on his sermons. That's it.

I thought the shorthand notes (of his own sermons) were written by Leading Baptist Theologian Andrew Fuller; not John the Baptist's.

<< 1   >>

join