It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building up walls when informed of Fake News!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The persistent use of the words war on terror provided society in general with a mind set, we are suggestible animals and in my opinion connected by a collective unconscious, lets not get into the war on terror however, lets concentrate on the new narrative, #Fakenews and #Buildthewall

on my pondering on this and trying to figure out if there is a more psychological meaning behind these two sets of stimuli.

What does it mean to build a wall?

The meaning of the dream symbol: Wall. The powerful symbol of the Wall represents personal barriers which seem impossible to cross, penetrate and overcome in general. Unlike a gate or fence, which implies security with controlled accessibility, the thick, ponderous wall neither receives entry nor allows escape.

While walls and fences are certainly physical things — imposing ones at that — a good deal of their power comes from elsewhere. As their role in political discourse makes clear, they are also things of the mind. And it is not a concept confined by American borders. The Germans, who seem to have a name for everything, use the phrase Mauer im Kopf (“wall in the head”) to refer to the phenomenon. The Berlin Wall may have been torn down long ago, but many people in Germany still feel divided; the wall is intact in their minds. (As a native of Germany, Niemann may know a thing or two about this.) Walls can be spectacular as architectural structures but they can be even more fascinating as entities that inhabit our thinking and shape cultures. Walls, then, are built not for security, but for a sense of security. The distinction is important, as those who commission them know very well. What a wall satisfies is not so much a material need as a mental one. Walls protect people not from barbarians, but from anxieties and fears, which can often be more terrible than the worst vandals. In this way, they are built not for those who live outside them, threatening as they may be, but for those who dwell within. In a certain sense, then, what is built is not a wall, but a state of mind.

opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...

now on a psychological level if Trump and his handlers are putting messages like build a wall and fake news into the collective psyche, it would seem that there is big news coming at some point in his presidency, news that much of society may require to build up strong walls to be able to retain their sanity.

what could the news be if my pondering is right?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

The irony is that the term 'fake news' started with Hillary right after she lost.

Then In January at that glorious press conference, Trump turned it around on them.
Now, out of pure shame and embaressment, they are hoping nobody remembers Hillary started it.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LedermanStudio

they all singing the from the same song sheet imo

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LedermanStudio
a reply to: ManyMasks

The irony is that the term 'fake news' started with Hillary right after she lost.

Then In January at that glorious press conference, Trump turned it around on them.
Now, out of pure shame and embaressment, they are hoping nobody remembers Hillary started it.

Kind of like the "Birther Movement". Funny how these two things seem to be headed in the same direction too; first as a cleaver talking point, then as a cover to the truth.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
On my house I have walls with windows and doors. The walls steer people to the door where there is a signal to get in or a key to enter my house. If I had no walls on my house, what good would a door do, even the squirrels would come in to take my food. What good is having a door or point of entry if people go in anywhere they want?

We need something on that southern border to steer people to the door and we need to make sure who comes through the door are not thieves or people who are cranky or destructive, just like we would be leery to leave those kind of people in our homes.

Maybe Trump says it wrong, but the fact is that we do need something to steer the people to an area where they can legally come in. One where we can look at their credentials and quickly identify if they are a threat or not. Both sides are using language that is not appropriate or ignorant. The fact is that border is a threat to national security, in a perfect world it would not matter, but this is far from a perfect world, we got what we got and must do things to protect our people and to guide good Mexicans to come here legally. There are a lot of good people in Mexico, they live and work there. Many of the people sneaking in here are not welcome in Mexican communities, they are disruptive and steal and hurt and rape others. We do not need to allow these people here, I feel sorry that the Mexicans have to put up with them if we don't let them sneak in but I am more interested in protecting our countries people first. Maybe once the wall is build we can reduce our costs of border security and help the mexican government build some better hospitals or something with the savings we get after a few years.

Maybe the Mexican government will start conditioning their citizens better and keep the criminals locked up and try to reform them, although that does not work so well here half the time either.

top topics

join