It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Puts Phone Charging Station at Hacker Conference

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

We’ve all had that moment. Your smartphone battery is running low, and you’re desperate for some juice. But just how desperate have you gotten? Desperate enough to plug your phone into an NSA charging station? Because some people are seriously facing that choice right now.

Shmoocon, a hacker conference that started today and runs through the weekend, includes a cutesy display with this exact dilemma.

NSA Puts Phone Charging Station at Hacker Conference in Plot to Go Viral

What would it matter, they can hack your phone (and probable have) without you plugging it into their charging station anyway.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I think it a rather catchy recruitment idea.

Our agencies have been hiring hackers for the longest time.

Thanks for the OP... I got a giggle out of it.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This is hilarious! You've got to appreciate that NSA sense of humor. I'm sure it's not stealing anyone's data but they knew there would be a moment of doubt when you see the logo. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Gotta love their sense of humor!

But this is a real issue. The PRC government has salted the international market with phone chargers and vape chargers that have built-in data-collection and transmission software. Plug one of these into your computer and you've been hacked and you won't know it.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks
Gotta love their sense of humor!

But this is a real issue. The PRC government has salted the international market with phone chargers and vape chargers that have built-in data-collection and transmission software.

and the rest! It worries me sometimees what's out there and 'loaded'

Plug one of these into your computer and you've been hacked and you won't know it

Indeed ... lucky I'm broke and boring

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The joke being the phone sends everything to them already.

new topics

top topics

join