It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Ummm...I have an admission I’d like to share...that admission is that I am an addict...

My friends...I am addicted to the game from Haemamont Games...Surviving Mars...

As a rule...I’m an FPS kind of guy...who coincidentally is impatiently waiting for my preorder of Anthem to open in February...
Suffice to say...this is my first real foray into this genre of video game...simulation strategy...

All I can say is my hats off to Surviving Mars...
Yes...I admit to starving colonists to death a couple of times...to not building up my officer corp in favor of geologists...engineers...and botanists...and thus engendering pilfering of supplies...

At the end of the day...my colony is thriving now...after it’s first few stumbling steps...I have my first telescope...my first space elevator...and I just can’t seem to stop...

I love this game...in a different way...but every bit as much as I love Halo...and Destiny...Call of Duty...and many more...too numerous to list...

Here...for you that have yet to experience this game is...Surviving Mars

YouSir

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Best ATS thread today! Much better than all the political threads by a mile!

Surviving Mars rocks!

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Best ATS thread today! Much better than all the political threads by a mile!

Surviving Mars rocks!

Ummm...ya just gotta love it as the meteor’s smash your work and domes leak and run out of water and air...but there’s an answer to that...for those who haven’t played...

I can’t wait to start playing it again...the wife won’t let me just now...she says it’s our time to watch tv so I just started the series...”The First”...I’ll get my Mars kicks in after all...

YouSir
edit on 19-1-2019 by YouSir because: I’m me...

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I have heard of this game, and I have heard good things about it.

I'll get around to it-one day-but I have nine consoles and hundreds of games to boot, it's probably best if I beat some of them first. If I recall correctly it's kinda like civilization.

I'm guessing you have bloodshot eyes and a cup of coffee in your hands, gaming will do that to you. I remember Starcraft 64-in bed by five, at school by nine.
edit on 19-1-2019 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Ah , Haemamont Games , they're the shady dealer that got me hooked on Tropico ... I still get cravings.

I might give Surviving Mars a go before Tropico 6 releases at the end of March , can't resist being El Presidente.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

I have heard of this game, and I have heard good things about it.

I'll get around to it-one day-but I have nine consoles and hundreds of games to boot, it's probably best if I beat some of them first. If I recall correctly it's kinda like civilization.

I'm guessing you have bloodshot eyes and a cup of coffee in your hands, gaming will do that to you. I remember Starcraft 64-in bed by five, at school by nine.

Ummm...same...same...I’m a gaming fanatic...it all started with pong...then Asteroids...and Gauntlet...until today...
I’ve still got my Atari...and Sega genesis...and on and on...

I turned 58 years old in September...but I’ll never let that child that still lives in my core die...not until that day that catches us all off guard...rolls around...which if I have any say about it...will be endless years hence...

YouSir
edit on 19-1-2019 by YouSir because: I hate mistakes...

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Are there in-app purchases? Thanks in advance.
I googled it and couldn't find much. So I'm guessing there isn't.

edit on 19-1-2019 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Ah , Haemamont Games , they're the shady dealer that got me hooked on Tropico ... I still get cravings.

I might give Surviving Mars a go before Tropico 6 releases at the end of March , can't resist being El Presidente.

Ummm...I’ve never played any of the Tropico games...I’m a sci-fi nerd...

I suppose that’s why I love this Mars game so much...all those many times I dreamed of being there...all those sci-fi books I’ve read...

“A Princess of Mars”...”Red Mars”...etc...

That’s why I love the renditions of the Elon Musk Starship...it honors all those that have gone there...if only in their imaginations...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

Are there in-app purchases? Thanks in advance.
I googled it and couldn't find much. So I'm guessing there isn't.

Ummm...no...no in app purchases...there are different game play arenas...one where you set the parameters...a challenge game...and the game itself where you choose your sponsors and the level of funding...you can choose corporate or country specific funding and representation...I chose corporate as that’s who will realistically be the ones doing the heavy lifting on BFR’s that will get us there in a realistic sense...hopefully in partnership with NASA and it’s Ion engine development...

IMO...of course...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Just remember the 20-20-20 rule and you will be ok
From an old-time gamer from the 70s on...

new topics

top topics

join