It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Visits US Southern Border Today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
ATS'ers

In my opinion this is great stuff that shows how much we need a full, uninterrupted wall on our southern border. We have it now in bits and pieces under both Democratic and Republican Presidents (where are the Greens, Libertarians and Independents? That's another topic) anyway, so why (rhetorical) the gripe from certain parties or individuals?

The facts being such: the world is more populous today in every way, the US is more sought-after-than-ever as a target for terrorist and rogue groups and for a plethora of other reasons. These facts show to this 'dumb American' that a wall is not only useful, but necessary.

In this video just shot today, the President visited the border and got a SITREP from the local units on the ground in both civilian and military capacities.

The reason I had to post this, is the fact that despite all the drugs seized, as if that wasn't good enough, they had over 450 interceptions of illegal crossing attempts in one day. And of those 450ish interceptions, about 133 people were from 41 different countries other than central American ones!

There were Indian, Pakistani, Chinese, Romanian, Ecuadorian etc. 'Humanitarian' seizures or arrests ie women and children are less than 50%!

The 'bad guys' are coming in in droves, or attempting to, and laughing because our government is ineffectual and weak.

Now that we have someone trying to help, he is branded a 'Satan' by everyone easily brainwashed into thinking globalisation is good and we should all hold hands and everything is fine if we just start accepting people for who they are no matter what [meanwhile a PUBLIC double standard goes on with mocking of minorities and building of personal walls].

www.youtube.com...

Good evening, day and morning to all,

Chris

PS Edit to say: they already have 55 miles of fencing NO ONE was complaining about but they need more. ITS BEEN THERE SINCE 2006
edit on 10/1/2019 by chris_stibrany because: edit to talk about fencing

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
How would you ‘see’ if white South Africans wanting to build a wall around their neighbourhoods..
that is how rest of the world sees Donald and the supporters..

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
How would you ‘see’ if white South Africans wanting to build a wall around their neighbourhoods..

Considering how white South Africans are being treated by the blacks at this time, I wouldn’t blame them one bit for erecting walls around their communities.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
He walked along the border a few feet and waved and saluted at a helicopter with a couple of beefy security guys.

That's what he did in this national emergency.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

What's he supposed to do? Hop into a bulldozer and start leveling things??

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

Have you been to Albuquerque New mexico? pretty much everyone has a wall around their house and noone complained about it?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

Considering how white South Africans are being treated by the blacks at this time, I wouldn’t blame them one bit for erecting walls around their communities.

likewise

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

they already have 55 miles of fencing NO ONE was complaining about but they need more.

So now it's not the BIg Beautiful Wall but a fence (or barrier, maybe some barbed wire, burned out vehicles, who knows?).

So now it's American taxpayers who will pay for it, not Mexico.

Gotcha. It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

link   
a reply to: Willtell

whats your point?
what have you done?

have you donated to poor immigrant children?
I don't get what you are trying to say?

link   
I heard that CNN's Jim Acosta was there and actually helped President Trump prove that a wall is needed!

Someone slip a mickey into his water?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
He walked along the border a few feet and waved and saluted at a helicopter with a couple of beefy security guys.

So you are admitting that it is a national emergency now?

You are catching up on how the majority of America feels!

edit on 10-1-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

He wrote in his book about the needs for walls in civilisation and he was correct.
What is pathetic about securing our borders?

Have you even travelled to another country?

They have better actual border security than we do, whether it's walls or customs.
Our TSA is a theatre. You want real security theatre which works better go through customs in an Eastern European country. They are true nationalists. Ukraine, Romania, Poland. I have been to all.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

This evening, Senator Lindsay Graham says "The Time Has Come" for President Trump to invoke his emergency powers to build the wall, and then sign one of the bills for reopening the government.

Source: www.newsweek.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Probably the worst analogy I have ever read.

SoOo... in South Africa you have a new political party that advocates killing off the white people.

Not only that, but they are taking lands held by generations of farmers and giving it to people who have no idea what to do with it, but they are political supporters so it's ok.

Because the farmers are white... and everyone knows white man bad.

If I was a farmer there, I would most certainly attempt to protect myself... a wall would at least give me the time to take a bead on the first couple coming over. The same if I was a property owner in a city.

In America it is about the same... we would like to build a wall on the southern part of our property to keep criminals and drug trafficking and slave owners out.

So I just have to ask... wtf were you thinking when you typed that?

Because all it actually does is support the idea of a wall.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I have no clue why you guys continue to tell the lie that the majority of America is with Trump and his supporters.

All polls have him around 40 or less and even Rasmussen a conservative poll can't even muster up 50 percent approval rating.

Even though the polls represent a fraction of America, it is a pretty accurate way to judge America. He never even won the popular vote and I doubt it is going to be any better in 2020. Also I am pretty sure he is losing more and more votes due to the shutdown, no matter how much you cry that it is the democrats fault.

He is said he would do it and would be proud about it but now that it is going south, he and his supporters are now trying to switch the blame to dems except the majority of America is not that dumb.

How popular is Donald Trump?

41 percent average
edit on 10-1-2019 by j4ckd4r1pp3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: j4ckd4r1pp3r

I have no clue why you guys continue to tell the lie that the majority of America is with Trump and his supporters.

All polls have around 40 or less and even Rasmussen a conservative poll can't even must up 50 percent approval rating.

Even though the polls represent a fraction of America, it is a pretty accurate way to judge America. He never even won the popular vote and I doubt it is going to be any better in 2020. Also I am pretty sure he is losing more and more votes due to the shutdown, no matter how much you cry that it is the democrats fault.

He is said he would do it and would be proud about it but now that it is going south, he and his supporters are now trying to switch the blame to dems except the majority of America is not that dumb.

~Yawn~

A wide-ranging Economist/YouGov survey gauged the level of concern Americans have on the issue to find that only 7 percent of the overall public say illegal immigration is “not a problem”; 2 percent of Republicans, 7 percent of independents and even 12 percent of Democrats agree with the statement.

The Economist

Amid non-stop news coverage of the President Trump’s battle to fund a border wall and the Central American caravan, the poll suggests that public worry is pronounced — almost two thirds says illegal immigration is a serious problem, with some predictable partisan divides. Here’s what the survey found:

• 40 percent of Americans overall say illegal immigration in the U.S. is a “very serious problem”; 73 percent of Republicans, 38 percent of independents and 15 percent of Democrats agree.

• 22 percent overall say illegal immigration is a “somewhat serious problem”; 19 percent of Republicans, 21 percent of independents and 26 percent of Democrats agree.

• 24 percent overall say illegal immigration is a “minor problem”; 5 percent of Republicans, 23 percent of independents and 42 percent of Democrats agree.

My advice to you is stop using Google as your search engine.

They slant a bit left you know... after having a satellite office in the West Wing when Obama was President.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Poll:
How many of you actually watched the video?

After watching how many of you still thought a wall was a bad idea?

If so, what is your solution? Any takers?

It's easy to talk snip instead of coming up with solutions. Unless you really 'don't care' because you would rather smoke pot and play video games.

Yes I know things can be scripted for camera. I am almost 40 for fukssake. I am saying that the majority of people posting here seem that these days they are between 13 and 25 and have no fing idea what they are talking about.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I posted this in another thread but thought it relevant...

Border Patrol agents overwhelmingly support Trump's wall in new survey

Perhaps we should ask the people actually doing the work instead of armchair quarterbacking political ideology..

Otherwise some of us might end up looking like idiots.

*Spoiler alert... the people actually doing the job want a wall. NOW.*

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Best quote on quote ever.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
a reply to: Pandaram

Have you been to Albuquerque New mexico? pretty much everyone has a wall around their house and noone complained about it?

Lived there once in the 90's... we had a 8 foot iron fence and burglar bars and a security alarm system and neighborhood watch and video cameras with the cute VCR recorders.

This is how we bought the house.

So it might have been an ongoing problem at the time...

Maybe it has gotten better!!!

/sarcasm

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join