It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does China's Yutu 2 Rover Look Different In Some Of The Pictures?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I think it's a great accomplishment for China to send an unmanned rover to explore the dark side of the moon. Currently, the rover is exploring the South Pole-Aitken basin and several pictures show it creeping towards a small crater.

When looking at the recently released photos of the Yuta-2 rover, I'm seeing components on the solar panels and on the rover itself, that aren't seen in some of the earlier photos. I also noticed that a few components seen in an earlier picture, have disappeared entirely. There's also some sort of anomaly that appears on the latest photo of the Yuta-2 rover near a small crater. I'm not sure if the anomaly is a shadow, but it has a greenish color to it and it's on the surface, while the shadows, that are cast from the rover, are pitch black. It doesn't appear that the rover turned around, so I'm not sure why I'm seeing these things. Perhaps there's a logical explanation that can explain this. Anyone?

The Yutu-2 Rover, As It First Rolled Off The Chang'e 4 Lander. Keep An Eye On Those Components I Circled...They're Not Seen In The Latest Photo Shown Below

Picture Of The Small Crater That The Rover Is Headed Towards

Picture Of The Yuta-2 Rover Close To The Small Crater. See The Anomaly On The Ground, On The Right Side of The Rover?

Anomaly Circled

Check Out The Three Objects On The Rover That Weren't Seen In The Earlier Photo. What Happened To Those Two Small Structures On The Right Solar Panel? Where Did The Large Pack Go That Was Between The Wheels In The Earlier Photo?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

If its built like everything they send to the United states then it's just parts falling off as it moves.
Like leaving a trail of breadcrumbs.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Probably the best explanation I'm going to get.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

maybe these are devices wich can extended or retracted?

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The rover is turned around 180 degrees between the two different images showing it.
This is why that pack is missing, it's on the other side.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
The rover is turned around 180 degrees between the two different images showing it.

I was about to say the same just looks like it turned around for another picture.
ETA you can even see the soil disturbance where there rover turned in place.
edit on 1/5/2019 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

I was about to say the same just looks like it turned around for another picture.
ETA you can even see the soil disturbance where there rover turned in place.

Yeah, it's gotta be that or wait for it......wait for it...…. China hacked, stole the blue prints, and built a copy of the US film studio at Area 51 where the fake moon landings where filmed!!

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
There might be more hints about what this is if there would be pictures as to how the solar panels unfold , if they unfold from the top down it could be some sort of coupling device , wich couples both solar panels together during its stay in the lander/fairing.

There could be some room in the top of the rover to have them couple together using the 2 "stick" like things , but its tight.

Besides that i have no clue.

Edit , found another picture , the sticks on the right seem to have a bigger diameter , they could be hollow so that the sticks on the left could lock into them when they are in the lander.

edit on 5-1-2019 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel
There might be more hints about what this is if there would be pictures as to how the solar panels unfold , if they unfold from the top down it could be some sort of coupling device , wich couples both solar panels together during its stay in the lander/fairing.

There could be some room in the top of the rover to have them couple together using the 2 "stick" like things , but its tight.

Besides that i have no clue.

Look at the regalith beneath the rover in the later pictures you can see the tracks from it rotating on its axis it’s simply 180 degrees off from the original pictures.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Yes, it turned around.

You can see the things at the very top are on the opposite sides that they were in the first image.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

yeah i know
Just interesting in what the devices might be for , as you can see from my profile picure i got a thing for this kind of tech

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel
a reply to: BigDave-AR

yeah i know
Just interesting in what the devices might be for , as you can see from my profile picure i got a thing for this kind of tech

Indeed I’ve got a bit of interest as well as you can see from the link in my description.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Thanks everyone...riddle solved!

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Well maybe it turned around and you are seeing the opposite side of the rover....uhhhh boyyyy

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It sort of appears that it has the ability to turn the whole top around to face backwards. The standing poles must be able to be deployed or retracted individually depending on what they want to do.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

If its built like everything they send to the United states then it's just parts falling off as it moves.
Like leaving a trail of breadcrumbs.

You get what you pay for..

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Yes, I think the OP seems to have forgotten that things have a front and a back, like a car.

If people want to make a conspiracy, then as the Chinese landed on the Dark Side of the Moon, then why is it light?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Ask the 4th wall.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Yes, I think the OP seems to have forgotten that things have a front and a back, like a car.

If people want to make a conspiracy, then as the Chinese landed on the Dark Side of the Moon, then why is it light?

Because even the dark side of the moon gets into the sunlight , since it is tidally locked to earth , the term dark side is confusing it only means the dark side will never rotate towards the earth side.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

the term dark side is confusing it only means the dark side will never rotate towards the earth side.

Nope. The far side (well, most of it) is never toward the Earth. The dark side is toward the Earth at new moon.

Some people equate the far and dark side.
edit on 1/5/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join