It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Found The Balls Bluff Ruins - Pretty Cool Place.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I heard about this place before or maybe just saw a photo, I don't remember. I had a couple of days off and went to the area with my metal detector. I really wasn't expecting to find something in extraordinary. I went deep in the forest and after crossing a Lenape Trail I found it. Very interesting. If you notice a difference in the sunlight of the photos, it's because I went there 2 different days. (I didn't have measuring tape the first time).

They call it Balls Bluff. No, it isn't the Ball's Bluff Battlefield Regional Park northeast of Leesburg, Virginia. This one is located in New Jersey.

I read somewhere that it was built by a rich man called Ball (last name), in the early 1900's like a picnic area and that's pretty much what we know so far. When I saw it, I found hard to believe such story for many reasons. The soil is so rocky and uneven, a huge rock covers about 50% of the area in the circle, really bumpy. Certainly very uncomfortable and distant. There are other flat areas around that are more suitable for a picnic.

I tried to run a cord from one pillar to the other to see the symmetry of the construction, it was windy, cold and didn't have enough cord.

It would be way less complicated to build a square shelter. This one has 16 pillars (some of them almost destroyed), forming a circle of 25 Ft. diameter. I measured the separation between the pillars, about 4 1/2 Ft. (from the center of each pillar to the other) in the north side, but seems like the distance gradually changes and the distance between the 2 of the south is about 1 Ft. less.

I was planning to post a video on my YT channel but I'm pretty tired and edit it would take too much time and I can't wait to know what you guys think about it.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Interesting. Did you find anything with the metal detector?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kocag

Interesting. Did you find anything with the metal detector?

I only got one beep the first day, I think it was a tiny peace of foil. The other side of the mountain is actually a good place for metal detecting. I think Washington was there when he escaped from the British.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Could of been built by satan worshipers or something. Very cool, thanks for sharing it. Hope you didn't take any hitchhikers home with you

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Haha...
You know, it could be. It also looks like a good spot for meditation or watch the stars.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Reminds me of a memorial of sorts. Great thread

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

What is it that is so interesting about it? Some pillars made of rocks and some guy wanted to have a picnic there. What's so unbelieveable about that?

ETA: I'm not trying to be a jerk; I sincerely wonder that I'm missing something. It happens a lot .😂
edit on 3-1-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

You are not missing anything. It reminds me of my friends building a box fort in their 2 car garage because they had unlimited access to appliance boxes.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

ETA: I'm not trying to be a jerk; I sincerely wonder that I'm missing something. It happens a lot .😂

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

You didn't read my first post. The place is the worse spot around for a picnic.

The construction seems to have a peculiar symmetry and orientation.

I believe the place was built for meditation or to observe the sky at night. No signs of walls.

There is zero information to corroborate the "picnic" theory.

I hope that makes sense for you.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

What a find, really cool.
Did you summon the forest demon to do your bidding?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA

What a find, really cool.
Did you summon the forest demon to do your bidding?

No but I think it is a place where you can find peace and clear your mind. It really invites you to stay.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

If You read this on Friday "AncientAliensâ„¢" is on (Every Friday on the Herstory (History) channel...) You can also go to their website. They are currently running 'The Monoliths' (Season 5 Episode 12) They've already visited Stonehenge, Avebury (twice as big as Stonehenge) then to a mountaintop in Sri Lanka that ties in w/Easter Island that ties into a place on an Indonesian Island. Now We are in Costa Rica check out 'Palma Sur' and the perfectly spherical balls out of granite and granodiorite

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Interesting thread, I love oddities and unexplained stuff

...but if we're talking stone circles, this is local to me and I camp there in summertime, it was built thousands of years ago...
I reckon I'd feel spooked out at the place you went to in the woods, but the stone circles here are calming places to me, I'm romanticising, I know lol

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Here is the rest of My soliloquy:

and granodiorite

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Whatever is going on will NOT allow Me to post information which is pertinent to this thread.

Look for monolith on Mars "Phobos Monolith" from 1998 and what Buzz Aldrin said about it.

Check out "Palmar Sur" in Costa Rica and look for the perfectly spherical balls made out of granite and granodiorite and try to figure out how folks carved those w/rocks.

Did You know there is a "American Stonehenge" Did You know it not only does it go through the England Stonehenge but continues on to "Mt. Herman" from TheBibleâ„¢?

Do You know any of the history of that area? I mean way, way, way before The Civil War?

I'll pinpoint that area and see if anything pops up

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Where in Jersey? When I typed in all I got back was "Real Housewives of New Jersey"

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The coordinates shown in the OP takes me via Google Earth to someone's backyard in East Newark .

2nd

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Really interesting OP though, why some guy built a stone circle hundred odd years ago.
Saying that, when I get some land I'd love to build a circle with single standing stones, not cemented small stones, big ass local granite...no way that is in my budget yet though lol

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I don't know what's wrong with the coordinates but it's in South Mountain Reservation, Essex Country, NJ.

www.google.com...@40.7465035,-74.2924821,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x89c3ac133f51ae97:0x98dca70fbc4342f2!8m2!3d40.74649 95!4d-74.2902934
edit on 4-1-2019 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join