It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump - January 2019 is Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Tuesday, January 1, 2019

It's stunning when you learn how prevelant Modern-day Slavery and Trafficking is, here in the United States of America, of all places..

Such crimes are often described as an everyday problem hidden in plain sight. Data from a landmark Global Slavery Index report in July last year found that 1 in 800 people in the United States lives in modern slavery.

The phrase is a broad term used to describe victims of forced labor, sexual exploitation or servitude, and forced marriages, among other abuses.

Apparently, even before being elected President, Donald Trump understood how bad the problem was/is. Immediately after becoming President, Trump put his administration right to work on identifying the networks, and arresting the perpetrators. Making it a top 5 priority delivered huge results...rescuing a lot of women and children from modern-day slavery.

Comparison Chart: Trump 17 Months -vs- Obama 8 yrs -- www.reedcooper.net...

As we begin 2019, President Trump is mobilizing an unprecedented number of nationwide resources to fight Trafficking and Slavery..

In one of President Donald Trump’s final actions of 2018, he proclaimed January as “National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month.”

In a lengthy proclamation issued on Dec. 31, Trump said that it’s not enough to merely denounce such horrific assaults, instead, we must “actively work to prevent and end this barbaric exploitation of innocent victims.”

“Human trafficking is a modern form of slavery,” the proclamation stated. “We are morally obligated to confront and defeat the abhorrent practice of human trafficking, and I am keeping my pledge to take aggressive action.”
More at: www.theepochtimes.com...

The year 2018 ended with a totally unprecedented 70,887 sealed indictments on file, in court houses across the country.
Source: twitter.com...

Let's hope that most of the indictments are unsealed this month, and are for arresting individuals & companies involved in human and drug trafficking. Those two "businesses" often exist together. Evidence points to a lot of top people in Politics, Hollywood, and the Business world, being involved in these heinous crimes.

Make it a Great 2019!

-CareWeMust

edit on 1/1/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This man is a monster.

This action is obviously directed at some minority group in some way, hence, hes a racist.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

And the best angle for a wall being built to date.

After all, what better way to stop the flow of human trafficking...

Then to close off the main source.

Do you know that in North Dakota there is a big problem with both?

A van drives up to the wellsite, 5 people get out... one of them speaks English.

They either work as roustabouts or pipe insulators for the day, then are rounded back up into the van.

They are given a gallon jug of water and a sandwich for the day, that I have seen.

These workers are being charged out at roughly $800 a day. Times 4....

As for sex trafficking? We have a whole bunch of able-bodied men here that are making a ton of money and are away from home 3/4 of the time in a room that the company pays for.

You have NO idea the stories I have heard... or the "business cards" I've seen.

So yes... let's get this done!

edit on 1-1-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If the wall stops ONE single child from being ‘trafficked’, is it not worth it?

Libs?

Or should we ignore child trafficking so that leftist politicians and leftist celebrities can continue to have sex with young kids?

Regardless, the best President you’ve seen in your lifetime is going to focus on ending the practice, much to the dismay of the left.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
How can anyone not love Trump?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
We have needed to have a POTUS focus on this epidemic of evil. The fact that we still have to deal with this bullcrap in 2019 is infuriating. I hope there are real steps in place to help those in need and to put the perpetrators behind bars where they belong. Having awareness months, weeks, days etc doesn’t do anything without a real plan of action.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Let us not forget that it was Hillary's gross incompetence in Libya that led to the reopening of slave markets there.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   

He did the same thing last year.
www.whitehouse.gov...
And thank you for the graphs I've been wondering if arrests were up from the obama admin.

But how is it trumps doing? He's not the one making command decisions in the field.

It's the fbi that we should be thanking.

Explain with specifics what trump really did. Besides declaring a holiday?
I mean does the potus have the authority to tell the fbi what to focus on?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

We have needed to have a POTUS focus on this epidemic of evil

What specifically has he done .

Can the potus sign something that makes the fbi focus on trafficking?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

“Obama killed Bin Laden” - drops mic

Probably ten thousand times I’ve seen that posted on this site and many others.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

I never said that.

And that doesn't answer my questions.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

While I have known about the problems mentioned for years, this is the first president I have heard actually focus on it in a public manner raising awareness, which will at least put pressure on other agencies indirectly.

But I am sure you will dismiss it or give credit to someone else...

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Its sickening the way people hate this man so much.. and then support actions which help traffickers such as weakening or eliminating borders... The Deep State is playing their heart strings like a fiddle to preserve their criminal enterprise...
edit on 1/2/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Metallicus

We have needed to have a POTUS focus on this epidemic of evil

What specifically has he done .

Can the potus sign something that makes the fbi focus on trafficking?

I think he can hire/fire an FBI Director at will. That MIGHT have some influence on the focus of the FBI, but hey, what do I know?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I don't think that the southern boarder is the main source of slaves but I understand why you think a wall might help.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join