It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drunken Purchase Resolutions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
So between Christmas and NYE I've been cutting down on the old party sauce. I've tried quitting before but I think I got a real hold on it this time. Haven't had a drink or a craving in a few days. Instead I bought a blender with a good motor and have been making green smoothies lately.

But the remnants of my past still hang around my doorstep to haunt me!

Apparently I had one of the weirdest and most impulsive online drunken shopping sprees!

I am now the owner of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Super Dragon Ball on home video. Also waiting for my Newhart boxset collection to come in.

Newhart makes sense, I love that show.

But DBZ?!?!

I never watched it as a kid, wasn't into anime at all. Jeez I hated the stuff.

One of my buddies was talking about it on a nostalgia chat we were having. Yeah, I guess I needed to plop down several hundred dollars for these blu-ray collections.

Well, now that I have them--is it any good? Should I watch them?

What is the weirdest drunken purchase you ever made?

edit on 31-12-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
As a non drinker, the festive period has been making me think of having one or two. Thank you for reminding me not to?!

As to your question, I can't recall odd purchases, but conversations that should never have taken place.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I bought an Oculus Go while I was pretty drunk...

One of the best things I've bought in years... but $329?!?

LOL... oh well, money well spent

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I used to go to college in a town very close to the Mexican border. I'll just leave it to your imagination...

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I did the same thing. I bought Red Dead Redemption 2, the $99 deluxe version, Dark Souls 3, Spyro the Dragon Reegnited, Vampire,, and I think something else.

Boy was I surprised, to remember in the morning, I went on a video game shopping spree. It did not dawn on me, till I turned on My Xbox One X. I looked at my games, and thought, oh yeah. Oops. I am taking my card off the Xbox!

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I used to go to college in a town very close to the Mexican border. I'll just leave it to your imagination...

Tequila?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assemble
conversations that should never have taken place.

I'm all ears, Assemble

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Didnt mention your Beanie Baby collection eh.

I've got my eye on YOU!

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Didnt mention your Beanie Baby collection eh.

I've got my eye on YOU!

You leave my friends out of this!

edit on 31-12-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

My friends and I had a New Year's party and I brought about 3 gallons of my wine.

Lots of fun was had!!!

The next morning we slowly remembered that 3 of my friends and I had bought a $40,000 pontoon boat... we split the cost.

The funny part of the story is that the owner of the boat didn't remember it... we had to show him his signature on the back of a pizza box... odd contract, that.

We shared it for probably 5 years, had a blast with it and then sold it for what we had in it.

To the original owner.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I am into retro gaming on a raspberry pi3 b and the 3b+
But i am also into arduino r3, and arduino nano projects too.

So like about a month and a half ago I was on a drunk shopping spree myself. I must have had many ideas in my head that night.

Now i have package after package arriving almost daily. Mini boards of all kinds ( op amps, Charger circuits, Solar charger), Other stuff leke micro switches, dc motors, breadboards, wires, clips, resistors, capacitors, leds, among other project type stuff.

I ordered most on Wish.com, so after the fact i couldn't really cancel the items.

Whoa boy! Part's is part's, i still have no idea what I had in mind? I guess my shelf space for projects just got more full.

So yea i hear you, my orders just keep coming. I only wonder what the mail man is thinking i am up to?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

HEHEHE that's funny!

I have two Darth Vader gumball machines just so I could use one. I was wasted when the purchase was made.

Also one time I purchased a sex doll and sent it to a friend just to be a penis. Then 2 weeks later his GF left him......OOPS

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I always regret the purchase of the last few drinks, but only the next day.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Does xanax count? Years ago I took it every night for sleep and it worked great. Until, it didn't and had to take more and more. Off of it with a Florida legal substance which is much better.

However, during that time, I found woot on line and loved everything so much that I started buying and sending everything to my adult children in Minnesota. Know nothing about electronics. Absolutely no memory of the purchases so when my son called about his packages it was an awkward moment. And threy kept coming for months. It was hard to wean because I loved the site but I had no idea what I was buying - they just sounded so cool.

I hide my purse these days at night.
edit on 1-1-2019 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I'd leave them sealed and tuck them away.

They'll look like doubloons a little further down the family tree.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
What is the weirdest drunken purchase you ever made?

I have never had too much money to spend around. When i was a lot younger, i drunk bought 10 big hamburgers and then i asked night people if they were hungry and if they were, i gave those burgers for free. Most were grateful and amused, but i also got some nasty remarks also.

CX

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
My last drunk purchase was 20 resuscitation face sheilds.....and ......wait for it.......a reel of miniature crime scene tape so I could put it round and dead squirrels I found in our village.....even had some tiny stickers made up saying "POLICE AWARE" to stick on the side of them just like the police do with the larger forest animals here in my village.

There's a reason why I don't drink much!

CX.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

New year's Eve 2016 I drank a bottle of jack Daniels after a fair few beers and bought half of a 3 phase industrial morticing machine on eBay.

No idea what I was wanting it for but I had to get a mate to collect it and put it in his garage, apparently it weighs about 250kg and is in the way, he still messages me demanding I come and get it now and again.

The same night I also joined a block paving chat group and have never laid a block in my life or even thought about doing so.

top topics

join