It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A government that gives is a government that can take away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I've said this so many times.

My parents always told me if you take care of yourself, you'll always be OK.
I can't think of more wise words. I know we all rely on certain things to a certain degree. The more we can
get away from reliance the better off we will be. Off grid living is my dream and end goal.

I think about the Government shut down. It will affect many people I know.
Just imagine not being paid but still having to go to work. What does that sound like to you?
Sound like someone owns you!

When someone gives you food, shelter, clothing, cell phone, medical care, and it is all at their whim to
give or take away, what does that sound like..
Sounds like someone owns you!

NO THANKS!

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I'll go ya one further: "government money is like heroin. It causes dependency and makes the recipient incapable of caring for themselves."

General Dynamics was once one of America's leading companies. They made refrigerators, totally dominated that industry. They made big machinery too. Then they started building military equipment especially submarines. Their consumer products fell by the wayside and couldn't make anything by the 70s.

Look at Colt. The 1911 is one of the finest arms, even a hundred years later. But they got military contracts, and immediately went to snap. The armalite m-16 was a wretched mistake, which had to be re-engineered for decades. So much so that it was eventually designed to have mods and replacements easily switched out, which is why it is so popular now. But Colt lost its main contracts beginning in the 1990s, and it is hardly competitive in the civilian market now....

Farmers. The decades of a periodic "farm bill," wherein the Dept of Ag tells the farmer how much of each crop they can grow, and all because if you've EVER taken a government loan, the feds have the ETERNAL right to make all of your crop decisions until Jesus gets back.

If you are flat busted broke (and minority or female), welfare is guaranteed. you can be fired for being late to work at Macdonalds, or for not scrubbing the toilets as a night janitor. But you cannot be fired from welfare. Guess which choice most of the underclass will make, given those truths....

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Governments don't give anything. They only take and redistribute.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
Governments don't give anything. They only take and redistribute.

They should only provide for the common defense.

For some reason we have elected officials who seem to think they are the rules when they are to help vote for the rules based on the needs of their state.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Do not my friends become addicted to money, it will be your undoing!
-Immortan Joe

Wait that was water he was talking about same thing applies.

new topics

top topics

join