It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is evolution a universal constant?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: chr0naut

isn't technology a natural evolution though?

it's almost like we do it out of instinct

Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology.

I think that once we conceived abstractions of reality, we began to seek ways of improving our lot buy envisioning what might be. This led to a search for technologies, for working methods that enabled our imaginings.

At this point we became "cephalized" creatures and began to leave natural evolution behind.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Agreed.

With the caveat, was that thought our own?

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Agreed.

Was the thought out of the collective unconscious of humanity, or was the collective unconsciousness itself an expression of larger superconsciousness?

Are we all a dream within a dream?

How might we test that?

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

through the process of awakening, the emergence of the self
edit on 9-12-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Agreed.

Was the thought out of the collective unconscious of humanity, or was the collective unconsciousness itself an expression of larger superconsciousness?

Are we all a dream within a dream?

How might we test that?

Way beyond my paygrade.

To state the clear and present, is unconsciousness thought and expression, this I would love to define and measure.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Isn’t it so that there are more types/ways of evolving? We have natural evolution and natural selection, but there’s also evolution by design and artificial selection, in that we evolved up to the point that we were able to invent and use tools to improve on existing designs, and we can also make changes in nature, like japanese fisherman did with the so called “Heiki Crabs”. These crabs have the likeness of a samurai on their back, because the fishermen threw the crabs with the likeness back into the sea out of respect for the samurai and only kept the ones without the marking. Other examples would be mix breading and manipulation of plants and trees to combine their qualities. Is this a universal constant? I think it is.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

through the process of awakening, the emergence of the self

But the dream is a waking dream.

It can only be tested by analysis of mathematical structure and logic.

Where these break down, discontinuities begin to show. Wave-Particle duality, quantization, parity and cyclic redundancy check codes in the substrate of quantum reality.

The implication that we can simply wake-up from an unreal reality, a recursively dreamed dream, is not sufficient because we can dream we have woken.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

a reply to: JinMI

is change evolution?

is technology evolution?

Semantics of evolution.

Technology is a symbol of human evolution.

Evolution is the survival of certain genes and traits within living organisms.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2Faced
Isn’t it so that there are more types/ways of evolving? We have natural evolution and natural selection, but there’s also evolution by design and artificial selection, in that we evolved up to the point that we were able to invent and use tools to improve on existing designs, and we can also make changes in nature, like japanese fisherman did with the so called “Heiki Crabs”. These crabs have the likeness of a samurai on their back, because the fishermen threw the crabs with the likeness back into the sea out of respect for the samurai and only kept the ones without the marking. Other examples would be mix breading and manipulation of plants and trees to combine their qualities. Is this a universal constant? I think it is.

Is there a difference between natural selection and artificial selection by design?

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from nature.

The time that separates events is only a stubborn illusion and all things exist simultaneously, from the perspective beyond the timeline.

Surely that is the end point of cephalized attainment. When limitations like time itself and spatiality and existence no longer pose limits?

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

a reply to: toysforadults

The interesting thing about evolution is that it omits any record of time and technological advancement within the species to define it.

One would have to assume that the omission of time records and technological advancements within the species would soon be taken care of considering the recent changes. I mean I'd assume in a few generations there will be kids with very dextrous thunbs...

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
This is why i joined ats.

May a present my theory...

With the advance of technology, we are devolving. Things we did by ourselves, we now have tech for. We are slowly...and surely rendering ourselves useless.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Do you believe evolution can be expedited by technology?

It already has if you look at our species. (Sorta)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

With the advance of technology, we are devolving. Things we did by ourselves, we now have tech for. We are slowly...and surely rendering ourselves useless.

Very astute comment. But by mixing tech with "human" are we creating the Superman of Nietzche or the elimination of what it is to be human

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I believe in evolution because it is scientifically sound. Just like the law of conservation of energy. There's just too much evidence in the fossil record and the way are animals are today for it not to be true.

Just look at the physiology of fish and humans. We both have spines. We both have 2 eyes. We both have 2 nostrils. We both have a mouth and poop hole. And we eat and digest food for energy. Come on, how can simply ignore these similarities!!

edit on 9-12-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
"Is there a difference between natural selection and artificial selection by design?"

I think natural selection doesn't look at appearance and then chooses to keep what it likes. Nature supports what survives and works or has an advantage, mostly. Artificial selection, however, does work by that principle.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The laws of physics may change. There is a host of articles about the experiments demonstrating the speed of light is not constant. here's one,

www.livescience.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Why does a one-celled animal need to evolve? What is in its environment that triggered it to change? How long did the change take?

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

Why does a one-celled animal need to evolve? What is in its environment that triggered it to change? How long did the change take?

It probably changes shape to advance its function. Form follows function. It will take as long as circumstances allow.
edit on 9-12-2018 by 2Faced because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2018 by 2Faced because: uknowme

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2Faced
"Is there a difference between natural selection and artificial selection by design?"

I think natural selection doesn't look at appearance and then chooses to keep what it likes. Nature supports what survives and works or has an advantage, mostly. Artificial selection, however, does work by that principle.

Natural selection should be governed by rules of entropy, meaning that variability should reduce to uniformity and population survivability should reduce over time.

Yet we observe in nature an increase in variation. We see, along with that, overall population growths, not just as a random occurrence, but applicable to nearly every instance. The extinction rate is far smaller than the successful variation rate.

It looks like nature itself is a byproduct of design and therefore I ask again what is the difference, in overall terms, between artificial and natural evolutionary forces?

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Constant change of organized patterns across time and space.

Evolution is an observation of reality not actual reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join