It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When friends are like family

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
My best mate of 20 odd years is like a brother. I actually have brothers and love him the same as them. I even called one of my brothers his name by accident in a conversation the other day, he was a bit miffed but I explained he should be happy because while I live far away he is my surrogate bro so it was no insult at all.

Today I called round to his house, and the deal is if the door is unlocked then I just walk in and shout "Only me" so his bulldogs don't come a'running lol, they still come a'running but with waggy tails. Anyway, I get in and there is nobody around so I shout "Anyone in?", no reply so I switch the TV on and start watching the rugby thinking he'll be back at some point.

20 minutes later his teenage son comes downstairs, turns out my mate had a late one and he was having a lay in bed with his missus, fast asleep. We chatted for a while and he went out to see his mates leaving me watching the rugby. 10 minutes later his early 20's daughter came in, "Hiya Tony" again perfectly normal to see me sitting on the couch on my own lol. Quick chat but she is a nightmare and woke them up, I told her not to because nobody likes being woken up.

Mate and his missus come downstairs, both in a grump and start bitching at each other, I started laughing and teasing the pair of them, that diffused the situation and we all watched the last 20 minutes of the game.

I can't believe how lucky I am to be part of their 'family'. If I need something he is my first shout and I am there in a heartbeat for them, whatever they need. People say you can't choose your family but I certainly have, they are more than just friends to me, my mates missus is like a big sis to me and their kids I treat like my own nieces and nephews.

So, to anyone interested, share your mates stories here, can you just walk into their house like I do? Do you trust them absolutely? Do they feel like family?
Silly thread I know, just musing about how lucky I feel.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Bromance?

ETA Someone was going to say it...
edit on 8/12/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Star for the chuckle haha!
I actually love my mate like my bro's, I'd help him bury a body in the moors if I had to, then give him # afterwards for putting me in that position depending on the reasons why.
We both know what each other would be saying in police interviews if we were involved in something lol, if a cop said to me "Your mate has just admitted blah" I'd piss laughing and say no he didn't you are lying.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Your a lucky man Cornish ..😊I’ve been best friends with my bestie for 27 years and have been in the police station with him many times and we’ve never been convicted off any crime haha his kids call me uncle and I’m their 1st port of call when they can’t get hold of their dad .. we lived next door to each other when we were kids til we were 18 but weren’t friends then !! But as adults you can’t separate us .. I call him bes and he calls me bez 🤣 same nickname just spelt different 🤣

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
Hahaha! Brilliant!!!
I'll wear that cap! My mate is my bro, I'd lie for him in any police investigation, I had to check his breathing/circulation a few months ago, found him on the floor in his house, again after I let myself in, the dogs were frantic worried, turned out okay but I was ready to do CPR.
Funny, he's an ATS member just never posts so I know he'll read this haha, love ya mate, you've been a total rock in my life over the last 20 odd years.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: nofear39
Ah I love your story mate!
Mates is amazing isn't it, absolutely knowing you can trust each other or know what you'll both be saying in a police interview haha!
No doubt about what the 'story' is supposed to be even if you can't speak to each other. Just knowing, being mates.
You sound as lucky as me.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Yea pal Im thankful every day he’s in my life.. he carried my old mans coffin and I carried his old mans .. I tell
Him I love him every day and that’s not gay !! 😁xx

edit on 8-12-2018 by nofear39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: nofear39
Dude that is a deep connection.
And yep, it ain't gay, it's love for the folk we trust and rely on.
Your story made me smile, sounds like you have the same trusted friendship as I have, we are really lucky, so many people don't have that.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Yea pal we can both count our blessings 😊 x

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

If you say it ain't gay one more time, I'm going to believe it's gay..

simmer down, I'm just joking!!

I love my best girlfriend just like your friend. I don't consider her a friend but family.
We are very lucky, many people have a lot of acquaintances but zero real true friends.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
Haha!
Such a good position to be in with deeply trusted friendships though.
I've lived away from my family for nearly 30 years so my friends are my life tribe.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have a tight tribe of brothers and sisters who would go far and above the call of duty, each for the other.
Priceless.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
My best friend of a quarter century is more of a family member than a friend.

He is the only person who can come into this house without Layna-Bear going full on Cujo.my parents consider him a second son.

We have the same open door policy, come in make your self at home.hit the fridge or whatever is lying about
,and chill .we don't knock..That would be weird, like knocking at your own front door..

This was the case in high school, and is the case now.. no matter what his fiasco-ahem- Fiance has to say about it..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
My two best friends are like Sisters to me. I would trust them with my life. They could come and stay in my home even if I wasn't home and vice versa. I have known them since childhood and am forever grateful.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic
Haha you know exactly what I mean!
It's the most normal thing in the world for me walking into my mates house and chilling on the sofa if he's not around, switch the TV on and pat the dogs.
It truly is priceless.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic
Haha hit the fridge, yes same with my mate, we have a rule though you can't drink the last beer, that is a crime!
I can make as many cups of tea as I like though.
😊

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Friendship like that is priceless.
I can't imagine not having it, even knocking my mates door if it was unlocked would seem weird...gotta shout "Only me" though for the bulldogs lol

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
fascinating.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Speaking of friends.. You have mail..

/Hugs hun!

Respectfully,
~meathead

new topics

top topics