It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danish doctor warns: Vegan food may lead to mental retardation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I have digestion issues partly because of an odd birth defect and age 72.

Reason for adding dairy, gluten, coffee to my elimination list.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Adding a fruit and a veg to a diet is one thing. Being a fruit and a veg...er, never mind...

Nature had it all figured out, you just have to follow along. See, the thing is, you want to be in the smarter group. That is the carnivores, the ones with the sharp teeth. Carnivores have to hunt other creatures. That takes some brains and some skills. You don't have to be smart to hunt grass. The flat teeth eat the grass. The sharp teeth eat the flat teeth. Sharp teeth are smarter. People have sharp teeth too. Be like people. Except smarter.
edit on 7-12-2018 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: SeaWorthy

That they use when fighting one to rip each other apart and/or for mating display purpose per-chance?

Maybe yours would work well for that too

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Adding a fruit and a veg to a diet is one thing. Being a fruit and a veg...er, never mind...

Nature had it all figured out, you just have to follow along. See, the thing is, you want to be in the smarter group. That is the carnivores, the ones with the sharp teeth. Carnivores have to hunt other creatures. That takes some brains and some skills. You don't have to be smart to hunt grass. The flat teeth eat the grass. The sharp teeth eat the flat teeth. Sharp teeth are smarter. People have sharp teeth too. Be like people. Except smarter.

Sure dude. Never mind the fact that the domestication of crops brought humans out of spotty tribalism and allowed for the forming of societies. But carry on with you weird defensive machismo. It appears to be making you at least "want to be in the smarter group". Your teeth aren't all that sharp, it would appear.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
HAHAHAHA
Explains Liberals and California!

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
That one I will have to disagree with. If you had the teeth of a true carnivore, you would be able to easily rip the fresh flesh off of a carcass, fur and all. I’d like to see you try that!

Our jaws and teeth are technically strong enough to sever our own fingers from our bodies, we simply don't do it out of self preservation.

In other words, we could absolutely be true carnivores and rip the raw flesh from our food. Remember the Miami Zombie Dude? He ate a guy's face off him. It's a twisted point, but makes mine none the less.
edit on 12/8/2018 by Nyiah because: Stupid broken quotes...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Who funded this research, Danish bacon?

I can see where he is coming from though, most of the vegetarians and vegans I know are underweight and sallow looking. The ones carrying a bit of weight are cheats I'm guessing.

A family member of mine, known for being a meat lover, started going out with a vegan and became one of those annoying militant vegans that needs to go on about it all the time, shoving his views down everyone's throats. Credit to him he lost a lot of weight and started running a lot, never did get rid of the leather interior in his BMW though.

Fast forward a few years and he's single again, still claims to be vegan but has piled on so much weight I once saw him and didn't recognise him. I think the only vegan thing about him now, despite his claims, is the word "Vegan" tattooed on his forearm.

I have a punk friend who also claims to be a vegan, always has been a big lass, never seen without her leather biker jacket or Doc Martins and spends a lot of money on special vegan food. It's the junk food she snacks on that isn't vegan...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

My advice would be to eat like a Viking, enjoy it, and not give a suck what anyone else says.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Vegan here who just had their first Dr visit in 18 years. I was really worried for a bit that I was going full retard. It started back around 2016 when I came on this board and saw it started worshipping politicians instead of discussing their secrets....I thought my wires were crossed and I was just seeing the opposite version of things somehow.

All jokes aside, I just need to be more consistent with the B12 supplement I take. Fats are good, blood pressure and cholesterol are all great for my age and former diet. I’ve lost 40lbs in the last year. I’m 5’9, currently 160lbs. I was a pretty hefty dude and hit 250lbs at one point a few years back. My current job is fairly labor intensive as a property engineer, you definitely can’t be a physically weak individual to do my job and I take pride in how well I do it.

Hard being vegan correctly? Sure, to someone who already makes poor diet choices. That’s one of the silliest arguments I’ve ever seen. I LOVE it when people ask me “but what about protein?” while they’re woofing down a Big Mac or a pizza...

The hardest part for me is remembering to take my B12. I still do crave the taste of certain things, I didn’t stop eating them because I didn’t like the taste, that’s for sure. I just know it doesn’t sit right with me to kill what doesn’t want to die, so I minimize it as much as possible in my life. It’ll never be perfect, that’s unobtainable unless you can float in the air and live off that air.

Debating it is something I stopped doing about 2 months after I switched. I’ve got far more interesting things to do with my time and frankly, I just don’t care if people eat themselves to an early grave while posting “Mmmm bacon” at the near mention of a vegan diet.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Yeah but you get b Vitamins from animal meat.. what blood type are you? Certain blood types need meat more than others.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

It's also the leading cause of Vaginitis.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: kaylaluv
That one I will have to disagree with. If you had the teeth of a true carnivore, you would be able to easily rip the fresh flesh off of a carcass, fur and all. I’d like to see you try that!

Our jaws and teeth are technically strong enough to sever our own fingers from our bodies, we simply don't do it out of self preservation.

In other words, we could absolutely be true carnivores and rip the raw flesh from our food. Remember the Miami Zombie Dude? He ate a guy's face off him. It's a twisted point, but makes mine none the less.

Mongolian nomads, since the days of the Mongols (Genghis Khan) live about 98% off meat their entire lives. Live off the land. Ride hard. Work hard. A hard life out there. And even by modern standards their life expectancy isn't much lower than anywhere else.

The even consume the blood of their herd critters. In fact the Mongol's would drink the blood from their horses from horseback while they rode across the continent.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Here's the thing - You are making the assumption that being non-vegan automatically means we're all wolfing down Big Macs and pizzas. Those are poor diet choices no matter what diet you're on.

I've peeled 30 pounds myself in a little under a year without going vegan.

We cook our own food almost every day. We limit going out to maybe once a week and watch the portions we eat when we do and we also watch calories and make better choices. We don't go out for fast food (like the Big Mac you mention).

So much of being the right weight is about knowing what you're eating (reading labels or just buying whole food and making it yourself) and knowing how to correctly portion it for what you actually need. You can achieve it on all kinds of diets from vegan/vegetarian to a regular one. I get though that some people need the drastic departure and restrictions to create a lifestyle they can stick to.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

We can also talk about the peoples who live in the far, far north and only see the sun for a few months out of the year. Their diets are highly animal protein intensive by necessity too. They'll even eat pure blubber! Somehow, they seem to manage.

As for blood, there are African tribes who will tap the neck veins of their cattle like the Mongols.
edit on 8-12-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Probably, im 43 and still have all my own teeth bar one dental veneer at the front.

Do you?

Because with an attitude like that you might not keep them long. x

edit on 8-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The way I see it, most disease is caused by age. If everyone just lived the hell out of their lives while they're young and checked out with voluntary euthanasia when they get too sick to keep enjoying life, everyone would be better off.

One man eats bacon and eggs every day of his life and lives to be 100 and another does the same thing and gets cancer when he's 45. Suddenly, eating bacon and eggs is bad for you. The vast majority of people over 65 are more than half dead and running on luck no matter how they lived or what they ate.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I am not vegan, however I do believe that a vegan diet is a good thing given a few contingencies. Cook some of your vegetables on a cast iron skillet or stove, insure you eat a variety of colors, especially remember to eat dark bitter greens. You can do those two things, you can get everything from a vegan diet that you can get from animals. If you avoid GMO, you can actually be quite health eating this way. If you go Kosher, that's even better.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Entropy be a cruel female dog i suppose.

Fact is we are not designed to live more than around 120 years.

Even if our bodies could keep up, our minds probably would not.

The human condition is of a temporary nature, and that's just how biology and our planet spins, for all intents and purpose very seldom few things last forever, even our own universe.

edit on 8-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I was flicking through channels and hovered on BBC News long enough to hear a fella say he thinks he can extend his life to 140, I forget the name of the process.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I was flicking through channels and hovered on BBC News long enough to hear a fella say he thinks he can extend his life to 140, I forget the name of the process.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join