It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia rushes its dangerous anti encryption bill into parliament

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I find it strange how our government squabbles over anything & everything.. and how they take years to pass common sense legislation.... yet, they managed to see eye to eye today & rush a dangerous & Orwellian ''electronics surveillance'' bill through parliament.. so much so its to be voted on tonight & made law!! #AMAZING

techcrunch.com... OTSyxzq7NAxcU3EUThS_g

It's almost like we're not meant to know what is in it... and I can see why...

The bill, in short, grants Australian police greater powers to issue “technical notices” — a nice way of forcing companies — even websites — operating in Australia to help the government hack, implant malware, undermine encryption or insert backdoors at the behest of the government.
If companies refuse, they could face financial penalties.

I can admit this caught me by surprise, I'm usually pretty up to date on the political happenings but this surprised me.

I really do believe that Australia is the testing ground for UK/US controversial policies. Australians seem passive in their opposition.
Look at the French and the fuel taxes...Australia has been getting it royally pumped in the rear end for a while by banks, petrol stations and government agencies..

No, they'll just roll over and keep looking at their phones.. I wonder how many are wondering, who's looking back?
edit on 6/12/18 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   
We do it for you anyway and you do it for the US. i remember maybe 10 years ago cell phones were really catching on. A guy killed his wife but they had no proof but suddenly they had all his phone calls and recordings. Boom convicted and gone before anyone thought how and where did the conversations come from. Now they have everybodys in the world.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

That sucks man....move to America and extend your freedoms for maybe like.......2-3 years.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Maybe those "off the grid fools" aren't so foolish after all. Of course the idea of being truly off the grid (if you have a birth certificate and a major health problem, you're on the radar for life) is a joke. But on the other hand, technology is what is really enslaving people.

If you don't like it, you have a simple choice (a hard choice that seems simple). Get the computers and chips out of your life. and go back to living like people did around 1920. This is hardly going to deter the state, as there will never be that many people who will truly go off grid. Even if you went to the trouble of giving birth outside a hospital you'd be encumbering your child with something they might regret (no birth certificate).

All this data is eventually going to be tied together as completely and totally as your driver's license is tied to your address. The state will know every time you fart, basically. And probably require you to wear a fart suppressor if you're doing it too often.

It's inevitable.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Oz is turning into a police state.the stuff I hear about their aanti biker laws is just hideous.

top topics

join