It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now, they're coming for our music!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

OMG, where is the vomit button. Cyndi Lauper's voice makes me want to punch my own face in.
edit on 3-12-2018 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Typical bulls#!t from snowflake morons that have no life and have to find something to be offended by. This is why no one with half a brain likes your group of people, except maybe your own families even then though I wouldn't hold out hope.
edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: Edited for editing.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Lol, I surveyed every democrat I have come across on the matter. No one gives a crap. Just more red meat for the weak minded. a reply to: Lab4Us

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Lol, I surveyed every democrat I have come across on the matter. No one gives a crap. Just more red meat for the weak minded. a reply to: Lab4Us

I think the problem with this is that it's a joke that the wrong people are taking too seriously. For years I used to joke with people that this song was a date rape song, pointing out little things in the song to prove my points. I never truly believed it, to me it was no different than my friends pointing out how the Smurfs are really the KKK(google it if you don't know lol). I would get laughs from both men and women, and a little bit of "Wow, you're right, ha!" type of responses.

I stopped joking about it once I saw South Park do a joke on it because I had a feeling that now that it's gone "mainstream", it would turn sour. Well, yep, here it is, soured. Something that many people have joked about for years has now turned serious business. Kinda sad, really.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
So a radio station received negative feed back about the song - Baby its Cold Outside and have decided to stop playing it as to not offend the 'easily offended'

I have a James Taylor version on a nice Christmas cd. I'm not one of the 'easily offended'...but I do have a sense of propriety and I think it's kinda creepy.

Anything describing romance between a man and woman is "kinda creepy" to some of you people.

If it was two men or two women it would be an empowering uplifting beautiful song.

But it involves a man pursuing a woman for romance so that means its "creepy".

Oh my God, he WANTS her? Hes ATTRACTED to her? Ugh! Disgusting and innapropriate!!

But if it was two boys? OMG SO CUTE!!!!
edit on 12/3/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
On this note

the song Patsy Montana- I didnt know the gun was loaded

has a verse which you wont find in the lyrics anywhere but is still in the song.

Now the song is about a femme fatale who kills men for fun and proclaims her innocence and ignorance of the gun being loaded

the missing verse

"Now one night she had a date with a wrestling heavyweight
and he tried her brand new hole she did not appreciate
so she whipped out her pistol and shot him in the knee
and quickly she sang this plea"

I didnt know the gun was loaded, and Im so sorry my friend
I didnt know the gun was loaded and i'll never ever do it again

Does any man find this song offensive ?

I probably think not , well maybe a millenial male
edit on 3-12-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Not really relevant to the topic. Topic is censorship. Obviously they do give a crap or they wouldn’t be trying to control speech (and what’s considered politically correct music). But keep letting that “strong mind” of yours continue to convince you that there is nothing wrong with censorship!

p.s. I doubt you surveyed anyone, but a nice way to try and convince others of your point of view. Care to share your survey methodology with this weak minded poster (and others that may be interested)?
edit on 3/12/2018 by Lab4Us because: Grammar

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
would be good to have a huge revival of political music !

much like the 70's , punk and rock sticking it to the man !

offending everyone

everything is just circles within circles, here we are again eagerly awaiting the return of the anti cycle

much like the rock and punk era , we will have a whole new wave of SHOCK to the status quo
we will rebel and cause "offense"

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Well I'll be darned...

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It's the December distraction. This year a song instead of a word.

At least they tried to keep the distraction less boring this year.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

We can just imagine how those conversations mustve went... Im sure the surveys were conducted with the utmost integrity...

"Hey, can you believe this BS theyre saying about us? YOU don't care about some stupid christmas song do you?? Your not ONE OF THEM, are you?? No? Ok good, I didnt think so... haHA! Wait till those jokers at ATS hear about my resesrch!"

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It a place with a bunch of weak people, who whine.

If it is really a big deal, the public calls and tells the station they are against it and are going to change the dial. They stop listening to the station and the commercials are useless. Advertises leave. Money goes away. Manager gets booted. Song comes back.

I doubt people there actually care. We'll see.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Do you remember hearing the song by Dire Straits song "Money for Nothing"? Listen to it today. All of the sudden, it's not PC to say some of the words that we heard for the last 20 years. PC is a cancer.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Also can we ban destinys child - Scrubs

because I find that song offensive to the working class male

or those who are in between jobs!

I am only joking I dont find it offensive , I just find it shallow as #
you only care about your man if he has a job

my fiance , lost her job and ive been supporting her for the best part of a year and half and I havent once mentioned how she hasnt got a job and needs to keep one if she wants to be with me !

controversy abound

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I have an idea , can we not make something so offensive that their heads explode ?

and that way we take them all out in one shot !

humanity saved

like once the sun rising offends them we are all done for !

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

I have a James Taylor version on a nice Christmas cd. I'm not one of the 'easily offended'...but I do have a sense of propriety and I think it's kinda creepy.

What's creepy about it? It's two people who want to get hinky with each other.

There are far more sexually-charged lyrics from before that era.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
well apparently we are hard to find and women have only been telling us since 1949

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
They are coming for control. To state that their scenario is better than their creators's

Basically it is the choice of 2 options:

Are you willing to comply to the coming NWO or rebel against it in the name of freedom.

There are those who are too afraid to rebel against the coming NWO and those who still have worthy spirits in them and are fighting against the coming NWO.

Choose a side because the persistent spiritual war is now going to be visible 24/7.

The spiritual battle is now going to be so damn obvious that all viewers that are still on the fence watching will have to pick a side.

Question for Oz: are you still willing to fight a loosing battle when your side-kick has turned back to Yahushua and is in the company of Anael ?

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I demand female on female christmas songs only!

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
WHO BROKE QUOTE INSIDE OF QUOTE>!

Jeesus ATS.
edit on 3-12-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join