It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Up With EDIT Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
What's up with the EDIT button? 4 hours to Edit, who came up with atime limit?

I have been cut off from editing in under 2 hours.

Oh well, good luck

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: I8THATAPPLEFRITTER

I've asked that question myself and have not really received a coherent answer. I believe it has something to do with 12 or 24 hour clock in the programming that's never really been addressed.

Hey, I could be and probably am wrong. Wouldn't be the first time

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The edit time is 120 minutes, which is only 2 hours in the rest of the world. The error is in the message which makes that 4 hours (hours of 30 minutes long?).
This is easy to check. If you enter edit quickly after posting, you will see a warning message just above the edit box saying "you have x minutes remaining to edit your post". That figure obviously counts down from 120 minutes, though you are more likely to see "119". 120 minutes is two hours. That is our real edit time.

edit on 2-12-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Meh - 2 hours is plenty

though one has to wonder why - upto 12 hours down post - the " edit " tab is still availiable ????????????

clicking it - gives the warning message - you can no longer edit

but its still there

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I've an idea....good or bad? If possible I've written something off site in a program like MS WORD and saved it in case...

If it needs correcting/editing...I do it, cut n paste back in down the line with a inside reply post w/ a new headline in caps saying something like:

**REVISED ORIGINAL POST by THREAD POSTER

But, still of course this doesn't solve the time issue limit...which I too think is not enough...for me, yeah....for others, not so much
edit on 2-12-2018 by mysterioustranger because: Coffee

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
There should be a two hour "Do you really want to post it button" before it's actually posted for some.

new topics

top topics

join