It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Low Birthrate like many other western nations

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

We don't need to import workers. The only reason to do that is if you want a large group of low wage brown skinned servants to push around.

Our problems will be solved with automation. Of course we should still strive to attract foreign talent but not large groups of poorly educated migrants. Look to Japan for a direction. Soon we will have self driving trucks and cars. How many workers will that free up? The only job openings for these migrants will be drug dealing positions in an ever expanding criminal class.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54
Didn’t you listen Tom?

These people sneaking across the borders are doctors, engineers and architects.

The ‘legal’ immigration system (that every single country on earth has in place) is there to ensure that skilled workers and especially those with skills that are in shortage are favoured over non-skilled workers.
This is a concept that low-iq morons find ‘bigoted’ or ‘racist’.

Automation will indeed fill jobs, you’re right. So maybe in the future the government will become anti-immigration.

But until automation is progressing (hopefully sooner rather than later), the President will remain pro-immigration as he always has been.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I usually like your posts. This one though is a slick presentation that makes very little sense. I won't speculate upon your motivation. You are likely just reporting your sources.

Low birthrate in the US and western world in general is due to the destruction of the family and the changing role of women in our society. These other causes are minor influences that serve more to distract us from the fundamental cause than anything else.

I am reading an entire page of discussion with not one word about the role of women having anything to do with low birthrate. Am I supposed to think that women have nothing to do with childbirth?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   

So surely you can provide some statistics then to back up your claim, I imagine you could easily source your claims as you have thoroughly researched the issue to come to this conclusion...thanks in advance...

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yes. You're correct. Really, I don't know what came over me.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Correct that you can back up your claim, great, anytime you're ready..

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

So a bartering system will only work when technology is gone and society is broken down?

You’re just strengthening my argument here...

edit on 25/11/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I'm not sure, with the current numbers of population any breakdown of the current system will inolve a large loss of life, unless Elysium comes to fruition it's all mad Max till people start to trust each other once again and resume bartering.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
You apparently don't follow much of what goes on with the U.N.

It ain't a Scooby Doo mystery as to what is going on and why. Try google. They're not exactly making any attempt to hide their aim regarding promoting women empowerment as a means to control population and fertility rates.

It is just the same ol' song of globalist elite know best. We really shouldn't be questioning these things. It is not our place. Let's all just shut up and enjoy or slop, yeah?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I am reading an entire page of discussion with not one word about the role of women having anything to do with low birthrate. Am I supposed to think that women have nothing to do with childbirth?

nobody mentioned the feminist movement and MGTOW , not to mention gay couples and lesbian couples who do not reproduce

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Bartering starts to fall down pretty fast when someone with no skills and a low bartering capacity needs something that can only be provided by someone with high skills.

It really only works in small, heavily controlled communities.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I agree, that's why barter was widely used before currency was popularised, once currency took off barter went by the way of the dodo.

Pretty hard to build cities by bartering goods.
edit on 25-11-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Correct that you can back up your claim, great, anytime you're ready..

I have no statistics. I will concede here. Women have nothing to do with childbirth.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

The me and mine attitude is more than an American issue, it's a western world issue. Interestingly third world people are much happier as they do not have the materialistic nature and have fantastic family bonds, big families that all work together for a common good, I don't need to explain much about lack of family values in the material world.

Exactly, and just add the narcissist social media addiction too.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I agree, that's why barter was widely used before currency was popularised, once currency took off barter went by the way of the dodo.

Pretty hard to build cities by bartering goods.

What does bartering anything have to do with low population growth?

You've put up a lot of posts here. Where are your statistics? Or are you just going wildly off topic?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

If a nation has a low birth rate and an aging population (who will retire and become an increasing unproductive load on the economy). I can think of no better way to support ongoing productivity than to import workers.

They usually spend their savings on their families, children and grand-children. If the birth rate has gone down it's because the economists wanted both partners to go out and work for the corporations, thus doubling the economic output. Then families have to wait until they are in their late 30's or 40's to start a family once they can afford somewhere with good schools and neighbourhoods.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
We are just approaching the end of a era in our civilization. As far as the human condition, that will never ever change. Selfish people are born every day combine that with stupidity and things will break.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
A low birthrate is what you get when you normalize a barbaric practice of abortion.

Then throw on top of it being able to 'change' gender.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Ummm...and the white elephant in the room...abortion...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The downward or leveling off birthrate trend seems to apply to many countries around the world. I think many factors could be contributing to this, such as economic health of a country. I know one thing, my two children of childbearing age are choosing not to have children because of the state of the economy (hard to get ahead financially, hard to afford childcare etc.) and the poor state of the environment (toxic), to just name two reasons given to me by them.

www.indexmundi.com...
edit on 011CST08America/Chicago02380830 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join